What? is it true God took away sin on that cross or not?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Colossians 1:21-23

Living Bible

21 This includes you who were once so far away from God. You were his enemies and hated him and were separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions, yet now he has brought you back as his friends. 22 He has done this through the death on the cross of his own human body, and now as a result Christ has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are standing there before him with nothing left against you—nothing left that he could even chide you for; 23 the only condition is that you fully believe the Truth, standing in it steadfast and firm, strong in the Lord, convinced of the Good News that Jesus died for you, and never shifting from trusting him to save you. This is the wonderful news that came to each of you and is now spreading all over the world. And I, Paul, have the joy of telling it to others
Are we seeing this too, are we having this joy of telling others too
God so loved the world, Son first took away all sin in his Father's sight for us on that cross over 2,000 years ago now. Is that done, or not?
When anyone decides that it is done by God, believes God in this truth, the new begins in you, from God to you?
So, please turn to God in trust to God as your friend now, not of the Old ways, that were misinterpreted and still are today, being under Law in thought of God is a tyrant. Which God in truth has never been a tyrant
And the troubles I myself have gone through, I could view as God punishing me over sin.
Yet how can that be, since God took all sin upon himself for us all through Son on that cross? Hebrews 10:10, 1 John 2:1-12. John 19:30 Jesus said it is finished and then died once for everyone to choose to believe God or not: in Son or not as risen for you to be new or not? that is the free choice left to choose to believe God, not self and others. It is not about being good enough anymore or not as that be what the first born people do in their flesh trying to control people, the same as the Pharisees were doing back then also.
Waking up, thanking God Psalm 100:4, seeing, psalm 103:12 and Ezekiel 36:26 in trust, God's trust fund through Son given me and all others that believe also

Aussie52

Aug 31, 2022
The 'provision' for forgiveness was made on the Cross, actual forgiveness happens when one repents of all sin. 1 Jn 1:9. Sin is forgiven upon confession.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
The 'provision' for forgiveness was made on the Cross, actual forgiveness happens when one repents of all sin. 1 Jn 1:9. Sin is forgiven upon confession.
Question is that done one time between God and you, and it is done for you too, between God and you?
I am trusting God to answer that for you, to see new and be new in trust only to God over self and other people, Phil 3 thank you

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Acts 10:43~ All the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name.
:)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Colossians 1:21-23

Living Bible

21 This includes you who were once so far away from God. You were his enemies and hated him and were separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions, yet now he has brought you back as his friends. 22 He has done this through the death on the cross of his own human body, and now as a result Christ has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are standing there before him with nothing left against you—nothing left that he could even chide you for; 23 the only condition is that you fully believe the Truth, standing in it steadfast and firm, strong in the Lord, convinced of the Good News that Jesus died for you, and never shifting from trusting him to save you. This is the wonderful news that came to each of you and is now spreading all over the world. And I, Paul, have the joy of telling it to others
Are we seeing this too, are we having this joy of telling others too
God so loved the world, Son first took away all sin in his Father's sight for us on that cross over 2,000 years ago now. Is that done, or not?
When anyone decides that it is done by God, believes God in this truth, the new begins in you, from God to you?
So, please turn to God in trust to God as your friend now, not of the Old ways, that were misinterpreted and still are today, being under Law in thought of God is a tyrant. Which God in truth has never been a tyrant
And the troubles I myself have gone through, I could view as God punishing me over sin.
Yet how can that be, since God took all sin upon himself for us all through Son on that cross? Hebrews 10:10, 1 John 2:1-12. John 19:30 Jesus said it is finished and then died once for everyone to choose to believe God or not: in Son or not as risen for you to be new or not? that is the free choice left to choose to believe God, not self and others. It is not about being good enough anymore or not as that be what the first born people do in their flesh trying to control people, the same as the Pharisees were doing back then also.
Waking up, thanking God Psalm 100:4, seeing, psalm 103:12 and Ezekiel 36:26 in trust, God's trust fund through Son given me and all others that believe also
“What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!

Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient servants , you are servants of the one you obey

whether you are servants to sin, which leads to death,

or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

But thanks be to God that, though you used to be servants to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:15-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

If we start to believe we need to repent and obey God like the Bible teaches us then after that we believe right , we will start to act right . If we believe we dont need to do anything the lord has taught us in the gospel we won’t ever be set free from sins dominion over us

“In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness,

( there’s another choice we can make through the gospel )

but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:11-14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

dead to sins power over us to control us against our Will , but alive to God and his word and obedience through belief of the gospel .

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

Acts 10:43~ All the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name.
Therefore seeing
John 19:30
When Jesus had tasted it, he said, “It is finished,” and bowed his head and dismissed his spirit.
New life to all those that turn to believe to God sincerely, will see this and rest in his done work for them presently and forever presently

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
“What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!

Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient servants , you are servants of the one you obey

whether you are servants to sin, which leads to death,

or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

But thanks be to God that, though you used to be servants to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:15-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

If we start to believe we need to repent and obey God like the Bible teaches us then after that we believe right , we will start to act right . If we believe we dont need to do anything the lord has taught us in the gospel we won’t ever be set free from sins dominion over us

“In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness,

but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.”

dead to sins power over us to control us against our Will , but alive to God and his word and obedience through belief of the gospel .

I trust God to work out in me what I need and I need God to lead, so I can remain humble in this gift of God through Son for me, thanks Pilgrims hope

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

On our way, each person that chooses to beleive God are on thier way to see the whole truth, nothing but the truth, those that will not quit belief to God in risen Son Jesus for them
To everyone that has chosen to believe God. Do you know god seals you to see truth over error from his love and mercy for you, not condemning you over and over again. What???????????????????????????????????
Pleading with you to see what is good for you over what is bad for you, a personal relationship of friendship for us to see new, in thanksgiving and praise when we are guilty over doin g something again, the two now do not want to do it anymore, yet do it anyways.
Are y'all with me seeing on this too?
Tell you between God and you, are you the same person as you were, on that first day you decided to believe God?
I bet the answer you heard is No, I am not. Then pride thought enters in and a pride enters to think you are better than Joe blow over there. (Luke 18:9-14)
God is making us aware, wise as serpents, yet remaining harmless as doves. To listen to God teaches us from within us, through scriptures and thought God gives us. If the thought does not line up with truth of God loves and mercy of son, then I see it is not from God, do you? I do and am in process too.
I put behind me everything as fast as it is past, seeking to learn in Thanksgiving and praise of the mercy from God given me through Son for me, as well as everyone else also. If it is not for everyone to turn to God in willing choice to choose, then it is not fair of God is it? that is why God by Son went to that cross willingly and died once for all, Hebrews 10:10 leaving , left for anyone to choose God and be new in God in the risen Son of Love and mercy to all. Love overcomes and overcame evil at that cross. Proven in being raised from the dead. As the same is for everyone else in belief, or that will choose to believe also also
Amazing grace as what happened to John Newton, who wrote this amazing song.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

I trust God to work out in me what I need and I need God to lead, so I can remain humble in this gift of God through Son for me, thanks Pilgrims hope
“I need God to lead,”

“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.””
‭‭John‬ ‭8:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

““All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:27-30‬ ‭NIV

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.””
‭‭John‬ ‭10:27-30‬ ‭NIV‬‬

“To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.””
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭

““Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭13:24‬ ‭NIV‬‬

“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.””
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

You love Jesus and trust in him brother that’s him leading you already just keep walking after what he’s teaching and making known to you in his doctrine and he’ll bring you along with oatience and care and never let you go

it’s only when we reject him that he doesn’t then force us we just need willingness to hear and obey him as we are made able a willingness to be humble when learning from the lord in the gospel let his word be true

your doing just fine brother persevere in what he’s teaching you it’s how we follow him

DavyP

Aug 11, 2024
USA
Brethren in Christ, I know what has those above stirred up about this matter of forgiveness of sins. Some Churches today wrongly preach that all... sins that the believer has committed in the past AND... will commit in the future, are all forgiven. Well, per God's Word that latter underlined part is NOT SO.

When a new believer on Christ Jesus believes on Him and is baptized, all their sins that are PAST are forgiven right then. But we MUST still repent to Jesus of FUTURE sin we may fall into. This is what The Bible teaches, but it's not what man-made doctrines teach.

Per Apostle Paul:

Rom 3:24-25
24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness
for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
KJV

That is why the 1 John 1 subject is about believers on Christ that still need to ask Jesus forgiveness of slip-ups in future sin. And Apostle John shows there to deny that we still sin is to make Jesus a liar.

This is why in The Lord's Prayer that Jesus gave His disciples and us to pray, includes the asking forgiveness of our sins, and even of those who sin against us.

This is also what Communion with Christ is for, to work our problems out with Jesus while remembering what He did for us on His cross.

But some Churches instead are preaching a Hyper-Grace man-made doctrine that tries to teach all sin that a person ever has, or ever will commit, is automatically forgiven. What that does is prevents the believer from 'walking in Christ' by The Spirit. When The Holy Spirit gives us an 'urge' to not do a thing, because it is a sin, the Hyper-Grace movement has believers dancing to the false tune of, "well all my sins I will ever commit have already been forgiven by Lord Jesus, so I have no need to repent any more of anything."

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
“I need God to lead,”

“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.””
‭‭John‬ ‭8:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

““All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:27-30‬ ‭NIV

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.””
‭‭John‬ ‭10:27-30‬ ‭NIV‬‬

“To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.””
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭

““Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭13:24‬ ‭NIV‬‬

“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.””
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

You love Jesus and trust in him brother that’s him leading you already just keep walking after what he’s teaching and making known to you in his doctrine and he’ll bring you along with oatience and care and never let you go

it’s only when we reject him that he doesn’t then force us we just need willingness to hear and obey him as we are made able a willingness to be humble when learning from the lord in the gospel let his word be true

your doing just fine brother persevere in what he’s teaching you it’s how we follow him
Thank you, as we each in belief come to see deeper, wider and higher over not ever giving up on this love and mercy given us by Son.
Amazing to me after a lifetime of wrongs done, that got me caught up under Law and stressed me out, and now see differently, beyond that in thanksgiving and praise to and from God himself in risen Son for us to be new in the resurrected Son for us. Amazing grace
As we each are in different stages growing up, some remain on milk others get meat, some do not eat that meat at first as others do and those that will, willingly one day also, willingly is the key to see. I am willingly dead to this first birth I am in, that is not redeemed yet.
at least for me this I now see after dying in the Hospital seven times back in 2012. I said to God I am willing, and God chose to not let me go to God yet, be here still. Wow woe is me.
I Was in that hospital back then for Foreigners Gangrene, which is a urinary tract infection, that got caused by my bladder not emptying. Once my bladder did not empty itself when I peed, under 10 ounces, that is when Gang green formed and went throughout my whole body. I died 7 times per the doctors, was in the hospital for two weeks
I lived, was in a wheelchair at first, to a walker to a cane to walking now. God is good and it has nothing to do with me being. good enough ever, I am not, never have been, never will be
God is merciful y'all merciful, believe, receive and be new in this love and mercy for you too. I bet you, once anyone believes God in risen Son for them too, one will not harm anyone else ever again, if did before belief entered in, as I know those thoughts of evil still enter in, that does not mean we have to listen to them, that is the freedom given us to choose freely not to. yet go through troubles to discern it and not take credit for not doing what those thought(s) tried to get us, at least me to do. seeing humbly we do not do those terrible things anymore, the tis my growth from God not condemning me ever, rather working with me as God's friend
Believe, continue to no matter what, one day one will see the new given them and respond in thanksgiving and praise over this gift, amazing grace

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love [dread does not exist]. But perfect (complete, full-grown) love drives out fear, because fear involves [the expectation of divine] punishment, so the one who is afraid [of God’s judgment] is not perfected in love [has not grown into a sufficient understanding of God’s love].

Tell me how fast is any sin past? I bet before you can ever ask for anymore forgiveness. yes or no? even before I can ever blink an eye it is past that fast
So as fast as it is past from God it is forgiven and remains forgiven by God through Son. Wow woe is me, I am forgiven and remain forgiven from God through Son Jesus what???????????/
therefore I can keep on sinning right? Wrong!
The reconciliation given us by Son was never meant for anyone to take it for granted and or try to stop sin as is promoted by religion to do or else attitudes of flesh nature, which does not please God at all.
As Paul states in Romans 7:10
Romans 7:10
And the very commandment which was intended to bring life, actually proved to bring death for me.

Amplified Bible

19 Why, then, the Law [what was its purpose]? It was added [after the promise to Abraham, to reveal to people their guilt] because of transgressions [that is, to make people conscious of the sinfulness of sin], and [the Law] was ordained through angels and delivered to Israel by the hand of a mediator [Moses, the mediator between God and Israel, to be in effect] until the Seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now the mediator or go-between [in a transaction] is not [needed] for just one party; whereas God is only one [and was the only One giving the promise to Abraham, but the Law was a contract between two, God and Israel; its validity depended on both]. 21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? Certainly not! For if a system of law had been given which could impart life, then righteousness (right standing with God) would actually have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has imprisoned [a]everyone [everything—the entire world] under sin, so that [the inheritance, the blessing of salvation] which was promised through faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe [in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s precious Son].
23 Now before faith came, we were kept in custody under the Law, [perpetually] imprisoned [in preparation] for the faith that was destined to be revealed, 24 with the result that the Law has become our tutor and our disciplinarian to guide us to Christ, so that we may be [b]justified [that is, declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty, and placed in right standing with God] by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under [the control and authority of] a tutor and disciplinarian. 26 For you [who are born-again have been reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified and] are all children of God [set apart for His purpose with full rights and privileges] through faith in Christ Jesus.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Thank you, as we each in belief come to see deeper, wider and higher over not ever giving up on this love and mercy given us by Son.
Amazing to me after a lifetime of wrongs done, that got me caught up under Law and stressed me out, and now see differently, beyond that in thanksgiving and praise to and from God himself in risen Son for us to be new in the resurrected Son for us. Amazing grace
As we each are in different stages growing up, some remain on milk others get meat, some do not eat that meat at first as others do and those that will, willingly one day also, willingly is the key to see. I am willingly dead to this first birth I am in, that is not redeemed yet.
at least for me this I now see after dying in the Hospital seven times back in 2012. I said to God I am willing, and God chose to not let me go to God yet, be here still. Wow woe is me.
I Was in that hospital back then for Foreigners Gangrene, which is a urinary tract infection, that got caused by my bladder not emptying. Once my bladder did not empty itself when I peed, under 10 ounces, that is when Gang green formed and went throughout my whole body. I died 7 times per the doctors, was in the hospital for two weeks
I lived, was in a wheelchair at first, to a walker to a cane to walking now. God is good and it has nothing to do with me being. good enough ever, I am not, never have been, never will be
God is merciful y'all merciful, believe, receive and be new in this love and mercy for you too. I bet you, once anyone believes God in risen Son for them too, one will not harm anyone else ever again, if did before belief entered in, as I know those thoughts of evil still enter in, that does not mean we have to listen to them, that is the freedom given us to choose freely not to. yet go through troubles to discern it and not take credit for not doing what those thought(s) tried to get us, at least me to do. seeing humbly we do not do those terrible things anymore, the tis my growth from God not condemning me ever, rather working with me as God's friend
Believe, continue to no matter what, one day one will see the new given them and respond in thanksgiving and praise over this gift, amazing grace
there are two sides of this

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord,

and he shall lift you up.”
‭‭James‬ ‭4:10‬ ‭

1 our little part and 2 his big part

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Brethren in Christ, I know what has those above stirred up about this matter of forgiveness of sins. Some Churches today wrongly preach that all... sins that the believer has committed in the past AND... will commit in the future, are all forgiven. Well, per God's Word that latter underlined part is NOT SO.

When a new believer on Christ Jesus believes on Him and is baptized, all their sins that are PAST are forgiven right then. But we MUST still repent to Jesus of FUTURE sin we may fall into. This is what The Bible teaches, but it's not what man-made doctrines teach.

Per Apostle Paul:

Rom 3:24-25
24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness
for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
KJV

That is why the 1 John 1 subject is about believers on Christ that still need to ask Jesus forgiveness of slip-ups in future sin. And Apostle John shows there to deny that we still sin is to make Jesus a liar.

This is why in The Lord's Prayer that Jesus gave His disciples and us to pray, includes the asking forgiveness of our sins, and even of those who sin against us.

This is also what Communion with Christ is for, to work our problems out with Jesus while remembering what He did for us on His cross.

But some Churches instead are preaching a Hyper-Grace man-made doctrine that tries to teach all sin that a person ever has, or ever will commit, is automatically forgiven. What that does is prevents the believer from 'walking in Christ' by The Spirit. When The Holy Spirit gives us an 'urge' to not do a thing, because it is a sin, the Hyper-Grace movement has believers dancing to the false tune of, "well all my sins I will ever commit have already been forgiven by Lord Jesus, so I have no need to repent any more of anything."
While we should ask forgiveness on a daily basis, it doesn't mean if we haven't, we lose our position in Christ. It merely means we are not in fellowship with God and lose the blessing and benefits of our relationship with Him.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

I now forgive all, because I am now forgiven by God through Son's done work
I now, love not to get loved as flesh nature does, I love because I am loved, past tense from the cross of Son that Jesus is risen for us the sons of God to do now willingly
Willingly forgive, willingly love, willingly be a friend to all that are called to by God to reveal this love and mercy to.
God by Son took away all sin for us the people to respond to this in thanksgiving and praise and thus begin the new life in love and mercy, not accusing anyone, yet will tell others that go against you how the cow ate the cabbage, the same as Son did to the Pharisees
The rebukes came because of their continued accusations.
Oh, and I am not condemning you, I am admonishing you Gal 6. you not seeing. what is done for you to rest in. and might take for granted and use it for your own self wills
Love nd mercy from God to you too, thank you

DavyP

Aug 11, 2024
USA
While we should ask forgiveness on a daily basis, it doesn't mean if we haven't, we lose our position in Christ. It merely means we are not in fellowship with God and lose the blessing and benefits of our relationship with Him.
That last statement above I underlined is right on the nail.

What does that mean, more exactly? It means we essentially stop listening to The Holy Spirit Teacher. We cut off the bridge to The Holy Spirit directing us away from sin. The default advisor then becomes what? Our flesh wants and desires, and thus leading us to sin.

In Galatians 5, Apostle Paul showed this difference between a walk by The Spirit vs. walking by the flesh. During this present world time, we are subjected to both walks, and can still choose to follow either one, just depending on who and what we listen to, and this is meant for believers, not just the non-believer.

What do we do then when we in Christ discover a future sin we committed?

That is what Apostle John was explaining in the 1 John 1 chapter, for a believer to repent to Christ Jesus when we discover future sin we may commit.

But today, devils have crept into some churches pushing man-made dogma, trying to change what God's Word declares. And this matter that those devils push, that a believer no longer needs to repent to Christ of future sin, will put those believers who are foolish enough to believe them into danger when Jesus does return.

Do Scripture examples of that kind of result exist written in God's Word? Yes, there are examples Jesus warned us about with those brethren whose 'iniquity' is not covered when Jesus returns...

Matt 7:22-23
22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?"

And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."
KJV

Matthew 25 about the five foolish virgins is yet another example Jesus warned His Church about. Likewise with the 'unprofitable servant' in that same Matt.25 chapter.

DavyP

Aug 11, 2024
USA
I now forgive all, because I am now forgiven by God through Son's done work
I now, love not to get loved as flesh nature does, I love because I am loved, past tense from the cross of Son that Jesus is risen for us the sons of God to do now willingly
Willingly forgive, willingly love, willingly be a friend to all that are called to by God to reveal this love and mercy to.
God by Son took away all sin for us the people to respond to this in thanksgiving and praise and thus begin the new life in love and mercy, not accusing anyone, yet will tell others that go against you how the cow ate the cabbage, the same as Son did to the Pharisees
The rebukes came because of their continued accusations.
Oh, and I am not condemning you, I am admonishing you Gal 6. you not seeing. what is done for you to rest in. and might take for granted and use it for your own self wills
Love nd mercy from God to you too, thank you
We in Christ Jesus are still... required to REPENT OF FUTURE SINS we may slip up and find ourselves committing. The only excuse we in Christ have for NOT doing that FUTURE repentance to Christ is by having a mental health issue where we cannot pray about it to Christ.

As per my previous post of what Jesus Himself showed...

22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?"

23 And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."
KJV

Per the five foolish virgins of Matthew 25, Jesus shows He will close the door on them.

Thus we are required to study ALL... of God's written Word and get the proper perspective on this matter, and not simply believe what men's doctrines claim.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
That last statement above I underlined is right on the nail.

What does that mean, more exactly? It means we essentially stop listening to The Holy Spirit Teacher. We cut off the bridge to The Holy Spirit directing us away from sin. The default advisor then becomes what? Our flesh wants and desires, and thus leading us to sin.

In Galatians 5, Apostle Paul showed this difference between a walk by The Spirit vs. walking by the flesh. During this present world time, we are subjected to both walks, and can still choose to follow either one, just depending on who and what we listen to, and this is meant for believers, not just the non-believer.

What do we do then when we in Christ discover a future sin we committed?

That is what Apostle John was explaining in the 1 John 1 chapter, for a believer to repent to Christ Jesus when we discover future sin we may commit.

But today, devils have crept into some churches pushing man-made dogma, trying to change what God's Word declares. And this matter that those devils push, that a believer no longer needs to repent to Christ of future sin, will put those believers who are foolish enough to believe them into danger when Jesus does return.

Do Scripture examples of that kind of result exist written in God's Word? Yes, there are examples Jesus warned us about with those brethren whose 'iniquity' is not covered when Jesus returns...

And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."
KJV

Matthew 25 about the five foolish virgins is yet another example Jesus warned His Church about. Likewise with the 'unprofitable servant' in that same Matt.25 chapter.
I disagree with the end part of what you wrote, and this was actually the reason I made the comments I did. The examples you give are of those who Christ never knew. Whatever their attachment to Christ and believers, it was not rooted in trusting the Lord Jesus Christ. The first group seemed to rely on external works, while the latter were unprepared for His arrival. Christ, in John 17 while praying asserts that He lost none that were given Him save the son of perdition. For someone to go astray that was given to Him would be a failure on His part. This is the whole reason He goes after the one leaving the 99. Jesus will never fail to secure all that are given to Him. He will not only seek and save them, but will present them as His bride before the Father.

DavyP

Aug 11, 2024
USA
I disagree with the end part of what you wrote, and this was actually the reason I made the comments I did. The examples you give are of those who Christ never knew.
That (underlined above) is a Pop idea some have come with to try and claim those were never believers on Jesus Christ that will say to Him, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name have done many wonderful works?" (Matt.7:22-23)

That Pop idea of course is a false idea.
Non-believers do not have the ability to cast out devils in Christ's name, nor prophesy in Christ's name, nor do many wonderful works in Christ's name. It is so... obvious that those are believers on Jesus Christ, that one in Christ is forced to wonder just who those speaking against it are listening to.

Also, with the ten virgins example Jesus gave in Matthew 25, those five foolish virgins also are 'believers' on Jesus Christ, otherwise they would not... have a lamp with the Oil, nor be waiting on the Bridegroom (Jesus) to come. It is easy to know then, when men's doctrines are trying to tamper with those Scriptures with trying to change their simple meaning.

It's like Apostle Paul warned in 2 Corinthians 11, that he wished to present us as "a chaste virgin" to our True Husband Jesus Christ. Well, just what is the opposite of "a chaste virgin?" The opposite is a 'harlot' who falls away to another instead of waiting on Lord Jesus Christ to come. And that is what some brethren are set for at the end of this world, falling away like Apostle Paul showed in 2 Thess.2.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
there are two sides of this

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.”
‭‭James‬ ‭4:10‬ ‭

1 our little part and 2 his big part

From Isaiah 66:1-2

James 4~ God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.