Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
If you know someone with photoshop skills u can take a pic and have them change the color of the chairs so u can see exactly what it would look like in each color.
I don't know anyone with such skills. That's a brilliant idea, though. I wish I had photoshop....and skills.

Aug 2, 2009
I don't know anyone with such skills. That's a brilliant idea, though. I wish I had photoshop....and skills.
I just happen to haz photoshop and great skillz. :) If u wanna post a pic in here I'll photoshop the chairs for you in both black and gray. You probably know already, but make sure the table is in the pic too. :rolleyes:

dave_in_KWC

May 21, 2014
KWC, Ontario
Maybe it depends on us meditating on how the Scripture applies to us specifically.

The verse I believe we are talking about here is (please correct me if I have the wrong one): 2 Cor. 11:21-30: "But whatever anyone else dares to boast of—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast of that. Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they offspring of Abraham? So am I. Are they servants of Christ? I am a better one—I am talking like a madman—with far greater labors, far more imprisonments, with countless beatings, and often near death. Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxiety for all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to fall, and I am not indignant? If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.

In my opinion, Paul doesn’t say these things to boast in how he took all this suffering and adversity like a man—he does it so that we might know that God will ALWAYS give us more than we can handle. He “boasts of the things that show my weakness” (v. 30) because those things show Jesus' (and our) dependency on the power and mercy of God.

Also, earlier in 2 Corinthians, in Chapter 1, Paul declares: "For we do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself, Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead (2 Cor 1:8,9).

As I meditate on these and other verses (in Romans especially), I get the idea that God, my Abba, my Dear Father has provided me, by Faith with a whole new Life: in Jesus, my Elder Brother and Redeemer AND when I live IN Him and He live IN Me, I can make it through the hellishness of this World. I can learn to live and move and have my being in HIM (Acts 17:28 For in him we live and move and have our being...)! And in Him, no matter what happens to my Earth Suit (my body and brain), I can learn to trust and be at peace and rest in Him! That sounds like me (in Jesus) overcoming, doing the impossible: Thriving! And this is what I think needs to be the focus, instead of just God not giving more than I can handle. I am to handle NOTHING apart from Christ; I am to learn to do ALL in Him: my All-in-All! This, I believe, is the Kingdom of God, with us living IN it, here, now!

Last edited:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
GIMP ( gnu image manipulation program) is free, easy to use and very powerful.

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
I just happen to haz photoshop and great skillz. :) If u wanna post a pic in here I'll photoshop the chairs for you in both black and gray. You probably know already, but make sure the table is in the pic too. :rolleyes:
How nice of you.. :) I'm going to take a picture now...let me just...clean it off. ;)

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
For the first time in 3 years, I went out on a Friday night and came home at 2AM Saturday. I went with friends from work and old acquaintances and it was... FUN (food, stories, jokes, pictures, pokemon). How could I have avoided all social interactions for such a long time?! I shall do this again, maybe a little earlier next time.

M

MollyConnor

Why is it such a scandal to post in old threads? I do it on purpose to vote on old threads just to bring them back up. I enjoy the conversations and seeing the different perspectives people have now compared to those before. :)

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
Ok...here it is. If you need a different picture, let me know. IMG_4220.JPG

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
Also, don't know if this is relevant but this is the new material for the cushions...which I love. IMG_4207.JPG

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
Why is it such a scandal to post in old threads? I do it on purpose to vote on old threads just to bring them back up. I enjoy the conversations and seeing the different perspectives people have now compared to those before. :)
There's nothing wrong with it, Molly. I enjoy reading old threads too. Some just don't understand that nothing in life remains the same forever. Even people who posted on old forums about a certain topic, have different views now, compared to when they first posted. Also, new people are coming in every now and then. What I don't understand is why people don't see that? Also, if news is updated everyday, why can't forum discussions be re-visited for newer insights? School teaches the same thing over and over again, only to different people.

Where do they get the idea that threads must die? Who the heck set that rule? No one.

It's dumb when people think that. They just prove how ignorant they are. Rant over.

Aug 2, 2009

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
Yeah... I never understood that. It has a number by it that isn't today, so it's a no no? Does it really matter? Really?? lool

If people are participating, then it is a relevant thread no matter how old it is. Sometimes people just need to park the complaint train back at the station. :rolleyes:

Aug 2, 2009
I'm almost done photochopping the pics, but I have to step out for some lunch... my favorite afternoon activity! :D

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013

It's not Molly, I know of two or three people who find it annoying, or say something like the original posted hasn't posted here since 2013, okay that I understand, the person had their questions answered, move on. But a topic like are you outgoing? Those are started to generate conversation. If someone doesn't pull up an old thread, then someone who's been here a while will say, Someone already started a thread about this. Yes, back in 2014, as you can clearly see on the persons profile it says that they just joined 2 day's ago. It's no wonder why some feel unwelcome when they first join.

Maybe the people that get annoyed with it have OCD or something. It's an Internet forum, get over it.

You know what it makes me want to do? Go back to 2013 and pull up a bunch of old threads. Hot topics that will get a lot of attention, just to annoy them.

That's the annoyed and mean side of me coming out.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
pet peeve #8239487398234:

when i have a nice, booked, schedule, and i have to turn away patients because of it, but then someone is a no show.

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
Honestly, I wish I could buy you that lunch because of your kindness. :)
You could order him a pizza.

I mean hes probly already gotten his food, but one time for my birthday, a friend in Illinois ordered me a pizza (I live in Indiana), he ordered it from offline from a place near me, and they came with the pizza, didnt cost me anything : p

A

AuntieAnt

I honestly don't care if someone resurrects an old thread. It gives me the chance to post funny gif's when someone else complains about it. And as everybody knows, I like posting gif's. :eek:

giphy.gif

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

I like posting in old musty threads just because it upsets other people. I'm antagonistic like that. I like watching people run to the end of their chain and bark, which is all they can do.