Guys with trucks...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
The first practical reason for having a [full size] truck is being able to see better in traffic due to being higher up off the ground/road.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
My brother has a truck for show.
I don't know of any time he used it for anything other than transportation. I asked for a hand moving my equipment out of my store front that I started to finance a health ministry to bless our Mother and those in need. The building owner did me wrong and raised the rent 9X what he promised.
Brother didn't want to lend a hand. He had it less than a year and ordered a brand new one as Mom was dying. He picked it up at the dealership the day after she died. Then had a bunch of extras added aftermarket.
That's just one example of what a lot of guys use like a sports car, but have no true utility for other than status.

BTW, the nurses at the hospital were enamored with him in the cop uniform. So, some are attracted to that.
Yes, he's married with children.

View attachment 267058
Wait, your brother's in law enforcement.....sounds like he needs prayer. I have a brother who I'm praying for also. He doesn't have a truck but leases a new car every year...a convertible, lol.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Wait, your brother's in law enforcement.....sounds like he needs prayer. I have a brother who I'm praying for also. He doesn't have a truck but leases a new car every year...a convertible, lol.
He needs prayer alright, but it's not because he has a high risk job. He made sure that our Mom was exposed to scammers and Drs who .......

So your brother likes convertibles? What kind?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
He needs prayer alright, but it's not because he has a high risk job. He made sure that our Mom was exposed to scammers and Drs who .......

So your brother likes convertibles? What kind?
Idk what make car, my niece told me about it and he's her dad, lol. His big problem is that he elevates himself as a Christian, at the same time he was badgering our dad into signing everything over to him. So I lost out on $250,000 plus any of the estate when my dad departed at 94. A total lack of respect, kinda like your brother toward your mom, sad. I had to finally forgive him, after I heard to really forgive means to let go and forget, like God does us.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Idk what make car, my niece told me about it and he's her dad, lol. His big problem is that he elevates himself as a Christian, at the same time he was badgering our dad into signing everything over to him. So I lost out on $250,000 plus any of the estate when my dad departed at 94. A total lack of respect, kinda like your brother toward your mom, sad. I had to finally forgive him, after I heard to really forgive means to let go and forget, like God does us.
What you went through is tough to say the least. I have no words to describe that much pain.
I am so sorry TabinRivCA. These are wicked people in our family. God bless you much in eternity for all your brother did to you here.

I try to forget, just so I can get enough sleep. I fell asleep after reading the Bible only to just wake up already. I usually awake with various people on my mind that caused my parents harm. I take them to the Lord but it's usually impossible to get back to sleep again. May the Holy Spirit keep us both in comfort.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I think you’re dead right about that.
In Texas - any woman who might would be impressed with a guy having a truck - well - there is a good chance she has her own truck (or SUV) - so, what does that do to the equation? :unsure:

Shaloma

Jul 8, 2024
are more attractive apparently. :unsure::eek: At least that's what I hear. So my questions are...
Do you agree?
Are there other things that make guys more attractive to women?
Is there an equivalence for women in this situation?
This is just a fun discussion thread...I mean no offense at all! It doesn't mean car drivers are unattractive.
It would depend on the kind of woman you are trying to attract, to be honest.
A humble man who loves God and people more than himself, stuff, ego.... that is attractive.
If a man after God's heart only owns a bicycle, let him continue seeking God with all his heart (and keep building those leg muscles, lol), and God will give him the desires of his heart. I have seen this happen over, and over, and over.....

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I'm sorry you went through that, Tab. I know it's none of my business but it sounds like you might have a solid case for a will that was changed due to "Undue influence". That's when someone that was trusted manipulates/convinces somebody to change their will so that they get everything while leaving out others who were supposed to get something.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Well...

There's always "fake it till you make it."

https://www.androidpolice.com/make-android-look-feel-iphone/

(Strong "Android is soooooo much better than iPhone" vibe there, but still some good advice on changing your desktop screen to look like an iPhone's.)

I prefer Android devices over apple products personally. I'm not poor, but if they can do the same job and Android devices are less expensive, it's just a smarter decision to go with that.

🐹

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I'm sorry you went through that, Tab. I know it's none of my business but it sounds like you might have a solid case for a will that was changed due to "Undue influence". That's when someone that was trusted manipulates/convinces somebody to change their will so that they get everything while leaving out others who were supposed to get something.
Aww thx for the info ZT, this happened right before the recession when my dad's house in LA county was worth 1 mil. At the time the lawyers I checked with said my 'brother' didn't miss a loophole. But during the years since, I'm in Riverside Co, God has done such great miracles, I feel so blest. Thanks again for your concern👍😊

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I bought a truck about 5 years ago.
Purely because I was tired of asking someone for theirs if I needed to move something big.

I’ve since sold it because I found out I don’t have very many more big things I need to move, the truck isn’t as comfortable as my little SUV, and the gas mileage stinks.

At least in my neck of the woods, it’s almost as if most guys with trucks think they have some sort of authority on the road, and I hate the blinding LED lights in my face. Many have add on lights making it worse.

Whether chicks find this attractive, I have no idea.

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
Purely because I was tired of asking someone for theirs if I needed to move something big.

I’ve since sold it because I found out I don’t have very many more big things I need to move, the truck isn’t as comfortable as my little SUV, and the gas mileage stinks.

At least in my neck of the woods, it’s almost as if most guys with trucks think they have some sort of authority on the road, and I hate the blinding LED lights in my face. Many have add on lights making it worse.

When my daughter was a teenager and I had to take her around because she hadn’t gotten her license yet, she used to be so in awe of young boys with fancy trucks. Oh mama, did you see that truck he is driving? Awww, ain’t he something?

If that no good guy had some extra lights on that shiny no good truck she was “Awww, ain’t he the best?!”

I guess that’s a young girl thing lol.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Yeah, it's cheaper to just pay a guy with a truck if I ever happen to need anything big moved. He probably needs the gas money anyway.

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
are more attractive apparently. :unsure::eek: At least that's what I hear. So my questions are...
Do you agree?
Are there other things that make guys more attractive to women?
Is there an equivalence for women in this situation?
This is just a fun discussion thread...I mean no offense at all! It doesn't mean car drivers are unattractive.
I'm not concerned about what vehicle he has or what phone he has. And I've never been all that keen on bodybuilder type of bodies, so bellies are okay with me.
Just me personally, I'd much rather he have a beard than a truck. Also, if he can handle being in the great outdoors. If he doesn't run screaming from a bug or spider (2 guys have done this to me) then that is better to me than him having a truck. On the other hand, neither one of those gentlemen ever owned a truck. Maybe men who drive trucks don't mind bugs or spiders :unsure:

Interesting and humorous topic, btw!

Noel25

Dec 17, 2022
Thank you all for the answers, very interesting topic!
@Susanna I am from Texas too and my grandma really wanted a truck for some time. She was already past 75 when she wanted it though and she couldn't drive anymore. But her dream was to own a huge tall truck! I imagine her in heaven driving a big red one! :love:
@CarriePie I am not big on beards...but any guy that wants to be with me better not be afraid of bugs. Because I am already afraid of them myself! :LOL: