A reasonable question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
I could also include many more powers he had which isn't included in Job.

But since we want to only include what's in context here.

It will be hard l

But then dont people say you have to look to the whole Bible not just one verse

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Something is niggling me.

When satan was invited to heaven and granted every power God had, for satan to use at his disposal,

Was Satan actually fallen at this point and is there any scripture to show that satan was fallen at this point.
The 1st part is not written anywhere in the word of God. Now how God made every angel and what God gave ever angel those that stayed or left they still have what God gave them. See there are things about this GOD has made the choice not to tell us. All the gifts so to speak Satan has we don't know. , "the devil took Him up on a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory [splendor, magnificence, and excellence] of them; ". Me I don't care.. for greater is HE that is in me then he thats in the world. T

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Global flooding?
Same thing controling the weather.

I just thought I would show you the garden of eden I have just finished creating I did the the whole lot my self under the devine inspiration of the lord I created the lot 🙂.
[

1686773496271.png

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
The 1st part is not written anywhere in the word of God. Now how God made every angel and what God gave ever angel those that stayed or left they still have what God gave them. See there are things about this GOD has made the choice not to tell us. All the gifts so to speak Satan has we don't know. , "the devil took Him up on a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory [splendor, magnificence, and excellence] of them; ". Me I don't care.. for greater is HE that is in me then he thats in the world. T
that's nice the last part but the simple question of was satan fallen at the point of being called befor the lord in the heavenly courts still hasn't been answered with absolute certainty and the reason I want to know is I'm finding it hard to believe Satan was the serpent in the garden of eden.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I haven't claimed no such thing, The thread is title a reasonable question.

If I was being absolute I wouldn't be asking questions.

But I would like an absolute answer 🙂
You have stated Satan was invited to heaven and granted every power God has. You really ought not lie.
When satan was invited to heaven and granted every power God had, for satan to use at his disposal,
We can all plainly see what you plainly said. Stop denying it. You discredit yourself.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
In fact, your lack of honesty is appalling. You argue something again and again and then claim you never said it.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
In fact, your lack of honesty is appalling. You argue something again and again and then claim you never said it.
no I have been working on building my own garden of eden for months,

And the question has been niggling away at me for months befor I asked people to share there thoughts

CS1

May 23, 2012
no I have been working on building my own garden of eden for months,

And the question has been niggling away at me for months befor I asked people to share there thoughts
You have an outstanding garden.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
You have stated Satan was invited to heaven and granted every power God has. You really ought not lie.

We can all plainly see what you plainly said. Stop denying it. You discredit yourself.
not denying anything.

Your denying an honest question.

Are you suggesting satan invited himself to the heavenly courts.

Isn't that like saying there is no protection in heaven if you are.

Because by pulling me up for suggesting God invited satan aren't you suggesting he invited him self.

And I think your suggesting that's on the bases you believe he was fallen at that point.

Which I'm still having to contend with loads of discrepancies befor an answer to that question.

Your track record with me as been the same.

Once again satan controlled the weather to destroy Jobs family which is power.

By saying that was his own power makes it far more incredible than what I'm suggesting.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
the scripture clearly says satan and other angels came befor the lord.

That's all it says.

But yet you and Dino are both suggesting they invited them selfs.

When scripture doesn't suggest that.

But yet you both pull me up for suggesting I can't see that.

But I can see God invited them.
But you both choose to say they invited them selfs ?.

Which seems far more incredible than my suggestion
So you never wrote this in tbe op and the. Asked a question about it whether this happened before Satan fell or after ?

“When satan was invited to heaven and granted every power God had, for satan to use at his disposal, “

Was Satan actually fallen at this point and is there any scripture to show that satan was fallen at this point.”

What I was asking is where do you find this? I’ve never heard of any such thing

And what I was saying is God never gave Satan any more power than any angel has Satan is a high ranking fallen angel who himself desired to rise above the throne of God in glory and power and dominion. He was never given Gods power and authority any power he has in earth is because mankind listens to what he says rather then God

abut no I don’t think Dino or I somehow misrepresented you I was just asking where is the idea coming from this idea

When satan was invited to heaven and granted every power God had, for satan to use at his disposal, “

the reet was just me saying that man is who gave the authority to Satan god gave it to man man gave it to him because we follow his Will of sin rether than Gods

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
So you never wrote this in tbe op and the. Asked a question about it whether this happened before Satan fell or after ?

“When satan was invited to heaven and granted every power God had, for satan to use at his disposal, “

Was Satan actually fallen at this point and is there any scripture to show that satan was fallen at this point.”

What I was asking is where do you find this? I’ve never heard of any such thing

And what I was saying is God never gave Satan any more power than any angel has Satan is a high ranking fallen angel who himself desired to rise above the throne of God in glory and power and dominion. He was never given Gods power and authority any power he has in earth is because mankind listens to what he says rather then God

abut no I don’t think Dino or I somehow misrepresented you I was just asking where is the idea coming from this idea

When satan was invited to heaven and granted every power God had, for satan to use at his disposal, “

the reet was just me saying that man is who gave the authority to Satan god gave it to man man gave it to him because we follow his Will of sin rether than Gods
again you don't want to answer a reasonable question.

Did satan invite himself ?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
not denying anything.

Your denying an honest question.

Are you suggesting satan invited himself to the heavenly courts.

Isn't that like saying there is no protection in heaven if you are.

Because by pulling me up for suggesting God invited satan aren't you suggesting he invited him self.

And I think your suggesting that's on the bases you believe he was fallen at that point.

Which I'm still having to contend with loads of discrepancies befor an answer to that question.

Your track record with me as been the same.

By saying that was his own power makes it far more incredible than what I'm suggesting.
There's no point trying to talk to you when you are so dishonest.

It's too bad, too. But your track record speaks for itself.

Lie, lie, lie. Deny, deny, deny.

Ramble, ramble, ramble. Cry, cry, cry.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
There's no point trying to talk to you when you are so dishonest.

It's too bad, too. But your track record speaks for itself.

Lie, lie, lie. Deny, deny, deny.

Ramble, ramble, ramble. Cry, cry, cry.
stop upcasting Thankyou 🙂

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

You might find it incredible, but those more familiar with the text of Scripture wouldn't...

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: (KJV)

John 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

John 14:30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me,

John 16:11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned. (all 3 NIV)

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
You might find it incredible, but those more familiar with the text of Scripture wouldn't...

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: (KJV)

John 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

John 14:30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me,

John 16:11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned. (all 3 NIV)
I have no idea what your statement is about here here.

Bruce_Leiter

Feb 17, 2023
Something is niggling me.

Was Satan actually fallen at this point and is there any scripture to show that satan was fallen at this point.
Of course, you mean Job 1 and 2. Satan was not granted "every power God had." He was granted very limited power to attack Job's family and wealth and then his health. God limited him from killing Job, even though Satan had that power. Of course, Satan was fallen because he causes the devastation that happened to Job, which never was available to Satan, since no suffering happened before Adam and Eve's fall into rebellion against God, though Satan's temptation of them shows that he had already fallen.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I have no idea what your statement is about here here.
Jesus calls 'satan' "the prince of the power of the air" and 'satan' is later called "the prince of this world" several times. Why then do you doubt that 'satan' has the power to control the weather?

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Of course, you mean Job 1 and 2. Satan was not granted "every power God had." He was granted very limited power to attack Job's family and wealth and then his health. God limited him from killing Job, even though Satan had that power. Of course, Satan was fallen because he causes the devastation that happened to Job, which never was available to Satan, since no suffering happened before Adam and Eve's fall into rebellion against God, though Satan's temptation of them shows that he had already fallen.
So you don't see controling the weather to destroy Jobs family as a very high power of God.

But you choose to say that isn't every power, which really deflects from just how much of a power that was to control the weather.

And where talking about controling matter it's self not just some simple magicians trick.

So I'm to believe that was a little power and something satan could achieve by himself ?.