Give me bad advice...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Hot glue is the easiest way to put styrofoam together.

If you can't get your ice cream out of the container, microwave your spoon. The warm spoon makes it so much easier to get the ice cream out!

Bleach only kills 99.9% of germs. If you want to be absolutely sure of killing all of them, you need to mix it with ammonia. Note: google chloramine gas

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
here's bad advice: ask for good advice!!!
Ok, How do I raise $40 million dollars to start a business to get off social assistance with nothing to invest myself beacause I am on social assistance?

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
win the powerball or mega millions!
I get less than $1,000 a month, what makes you think I can afford to gamble?
The difference between the lottery and real estate is this, The lottery is a guarantee to loose money, with real estate it can be repurposed and you can sell or rent and generate income and get a return on the investment.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
I get less than $1,000 a month, what makes you think I can afford to gamble?
The difference between the lottery and real estate is this, The lottery is a guarantee to loose money, with real estate it can be repurposed and you can sell or rent and generate income and get a return on the investment.
i know that. i was joking! r u unable to work? i wish you blessings. just maybe God has some provisions for you.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
i know that. i was joking! r u unable to work? i wish you blessings. just maybe God has some provisions for you.
Sorry I missed the joke. Well I was diagnosed with Aspergers at 17 years old and boarder line depression. Later on, ADHD, Severe depressive disorder, 1% working memory, learning disabilities in reading and math.

Well I have had many volunteer positions over the years and a lot of temporary jobs. Nothing permanent or long lasting. I think I discovered my gift for running a business when I was hired by a Mennonite to watch his farm while he was on a mission trip, other than the pasture on the farm not being kept in tact, it was rather successful. We used the tractors at night after dark to light up the pasture to clean up the saw dust, thats how it got wrecked, all the tire tracks all over it.

Apr 16, 2024
@Pipp If you are being threatened and they demand your money, give them all you have and say 'I love you like Jesus loves you'. :)

Dec 8, 2014
40 million is an awful lot. Can you start with a micro loan and a much smaller business? 🤔
Maybe, I am not sure, no one wants to hire me for anything, no one wants to train me for anything so I have some knowledge of construction but never been trained or hired to do that kind of work, the extent is a couple courses in high school, a house build for habitat for humanity and the construction pre apprenticeship which is just the basics for blue print reading, carpentry, electrical and plumbing and it was for residential construction.

Then you have the government, ODSP only allows you to make up to $1,000.00 before deducting 75% from your cheque, and County Housing raises your rent based on earnings so my $145.00 could jump to $900.00 in a month. Plus the government doesn't allow you to own assets while receiving support which means I could loose my only income and apartment in the process. That is why it has to be a big project, it has to be something that can start paying for itself from the get go. Something I can use to support myself and transition off government support because of the possibility of loosing both at the same time. Plus it has to be a big enough loan to cover all the start up costs, make loan payments, cover the over head costs from day 1. Including salaries.

If I loose ODSP and housing starting a business, I have to be able to live on site where I am working. I had this conversation last night with a former employer, with no one wanting to hire me, no one wants to help me start a business, If I stay on social assistance my weight is going to keep going up, I am running out of ideas here, and living in a country where no one wants me. It's worse because I was born here, their is no way out. I believe my bible and what it says about hell, but I doubt even hell can be as bad as living in Canada.

May 10, 2011
Maybe, I am not sure, no one wants to hire me for anything, no one wants to train me for anything so I have some knowledge of construction but never been trained or hired to do that kind of work, the extent is a couple courses in high school, a house build for habitat for humanity and the construction pre apprenticeship which is just the basics for blue print reading, carpentry, electrical and plumbing and it was for residential construction.

Then you have the government, ODSP only allows you to make up to $1,000.00 before deducting 75% from your cheque, and County Housing raises your rent based on earnings so my $145.00 could jump to $900.00 in a month. Plus the government doesn't allow you to own assets while receiving support which means I could loose my only income and apartment in the process. That is why it has to be a big project, it has to be something that can start paying for itself from the get go. Something I can use to support myself and transition off government support because of the possibility of loosing both at the same time. Plus it has to be a big enough loan to cover all the start up costs, make loan payments, cover the over head costs from day 1. Including salaries.

If I loose ODSP and housing starting a business, I have to be able to live on site where I am working. I had this conversation last night with a former employer, with no one wanting to hire me, no one wants to help me start a business, If I stay on social assistance my weight is going to keep going up, I am running out of ideas here, and living in a country where no one wants me. It's worse because I was born here, their is no way out. I believe my bible and what it says about hell, but I doubt even hell can be as bad as living in Canada.
Ack, yeah that does sound like a difficult situation :(. I don't know all the rules of the assistance you are on, but perhaps you could keep your earnings low by investing back into your business. Then you'll have a good thing going by the time you're ready to take the leap off public assistance. My business started small with basically no investment other than sweat equity, but now employs 4 people full-time and several others part-time. But even with a proven working business model, I realize there is NO WAY I could get a loan for 40 million. So I think you are going to have to think smaller. It sounds like you enjoyed the farm-sitting, maybe there is a future for you there? Or just pet-sitting perhaps?

One thing I have to address is that you mentioned your weight will increase if you stay on public assistance. Stop telling yourself that! Even if all you focus on for now is getting to a healthy weight, doing so will pay huge dividends down the road. I promise you'll have a better, clearer outlook, and the manual labor jobs you mentioned will be a lot more open to hiring you as well. Employers have to consider things like that because they have to look out for your safety.

So in short: Focus on the things that are under your control, despise not small beginnings, and try to think of creative (legal!) ways to maneuver the financial requirements of your assistance. I bet The Holy Spirit would be happy to help with all that if you ask Him! ;)

Dec 8, 2014
Ack, yeah that does sound like a difficult situation :(. I don't know all the rules of the assistance you are on, but perhaps you could keep your earnings low by investing back into your business. Then you'll have a good thing going by the time you're ready to take the leap off public assistance. My business started small with basically no investment other than sweat equity, but now employs 4 people full-time and several others part-time. But even with a proven working business model, I realize there is NO WAY I could get a loan for 40 million. So I think you are going to have to think smaller. It sounds like you enjoyed the farm-sitting, maybe there is a future for you there? Or just pet-sitting perhaps?

One thing I have to address is that you mentioned your weight will increase if you stay on public assistance. Stop telling yourself that! Even if all you focus on for now is getting to a healthy weight, doing so will pay huge dividends down the road. I promise you'll have a better, clearer outlook, and the manual labor jobs you mentioned will be a lot more open to hiring you as well. Employers have to consider things like that because they have to look out for your safety.

So in short: Focus on the things that are under your control, despise not small beginnings, and try to think of creative (legal!) ways to maneuver the financial requirements of your assistance. I bet The Holy Spirit would be happy to help with all that if you ask Him! ;)
Yes it is, it's they don't advertise the rules and regulations because it's easier to control ignorant people. I don't think my workers were hired to help me they were hired to say no to me and deny as much funding and assistance as possible.
Congratulations on your business. I really don't know.

Well yes that is because I reviewed my medical records from 2004-present. in 2003/2004 I was 300lbs, over the last 20 years to now, I am now 439 lbs, as of my last appointment with my dietician. I can say that based on the last 20 years of recorded medical history. So if my weight continues at the same rate, in 20 years at the age of 60 I will be about 580lbs, and in 40 years at the age of 80 about 720lbs

Even my sleep apnea doctor just told me, if the body mass is genetic, than it is going to be hard to loose weight.

I am trying that is why I came up with the hotel and resort idea, an abandoned hotel is sitting going to waste just like I am, but with the resort I can put in a gym, a spa etc... Control the menu and ensure the menu is as healthy and nutritious as possible with low fat options or low sodium, low sugar, etc. But it's just finding the finances to start the project, and 40 million is to ensure enough to start the business with the renovations but also cover the over head costs for about 4 years.