Can a Saved Person

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 22, 2024
It's not a question of CAN saved people sins..

It's a situation that saved people still sin..
Why do you believe a person who has persevered to the end still sins?

Matthew 10:22
And you shall be hated by all men for my name's sake: but he that shall persevere unto the end, he shall be saved.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Not everybody will always sin.
if we say we have no sin we decieve ourselves and there is no truth in us.

If the apostle John states he would be decieved if he said he had no sin. who am I to claim I have no sin?

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
The saved do not sin because they are righteous/have endured.
no

They can not earn their salvation.

No one has kept the law. Even jesus said why do you call me good. no one is good but God.

Jesus was the ONLY righteous man who ever lived without sin

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Hebrews 10:26-30
For if we sin wilfully after having the knowledge of the truth, there is now left no sacrifice for sins. 27 But a certain dreadful expectation of judgment, and the rage of a fire which shall consume the adversaries. 28 A man making void the law of Moses, dieth without any mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 How much more, do you think he deserveth worse punishments, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath esteemed the blood of the testament unclean, by which he was sanctified, and hath offered an affront to the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said: Vengeance belongeth to me, and I will repay. And again: The Lord shall judge his people.
the sin spoken of here is rejecting the gospel. after you heard it.. you willfully deny and reject it..

not personal sin.

Try for once to look at context.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Jesus does not allow the saved to sin.
1 John says otherwise.

Also, James tells saved people to confess their sins to each other.

James 5:16

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Kind of hard to confess our sin if we have no sin.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Hell is for the unsaved sinners. The saved do not sin.
he who believes is not condemned

he who does not believe is condemned already

Hell is for the lost. those who do not believe.

Everyone sins, thats why we need grace.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Why do you believe a person who has persevered to the end still sins?

Matthew 10:22
And you shall be hated by all men for my name's sake: but he that shall persevere unto the end, he shall be saved.
Matt 10 is about the great tribulation period.

your context is all screwed up!

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Such a gigantic perplexity, yes everyone has sinned before and after belief to God, some sincerely and some not sincerely, which God knows who is who and what is what, all secrets get revealed. this is how the believers can rest in trust to God over it all.
1.There are those that do not care if sin against God or others
2.There are those that care, and see it as has to got, to get it done by them and not just God in Son, a works program of the First Testament, that testifies no one can do Law perfectly, no one, not even the First Chosen, never could do it either.
3.There are those worried over being saved or not, once have chosen to believe God in Son for them and are stressed out in doubt(s), these, usually get deceived in doubt(s), by others using them in doubts, wanting to lead them, seeing the doubt in them, preaching to them, about truth, yet not the whole truth. This be where people give other people the charge of them, making the other people over them as Gods over them (These people in doubt(s) not seeing this), yet claiming belief in Jesus, as dead for them, not risen where new life is given. When the risen Jesus is not preached, people do not see truth over the errors of this world of our own first born sinful natures, and so people try to do what is already done for them by Son on that cross to them and these end up in sin all the more under Law, as the first chosen did, when got put under Law to do it and saw they couldn't, then made up their own interpretations as if are good, when only God is good
4.There are those that take this Grace of God for granted and use it to their own gain
Not mattering to them, that everyone has sinned before belief and after belief to God in risen Son. These were the Corinthians, that Paul wrote to them about misusing this grace of God for self gain, not caring about harming others,
Those in Unbelief, even if claim belief, sin deeply, secretly. A lot of times are the leaders of buildings, doing it for the money, the same as what was going on in Christ's day

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
he who believes is not condemned

he who does not believe is condemned already

Hell is for the lost. those who do not believe.

Everyone sins, thats why we need grace.
one and many in belief to God's Son as risen for them, learn new and walk new and not by force, rather in willingness for God to teach them personally and then one walks away from sin willingly without taking it for granted at all, or being proud in not sinning, At least for me this has been my experience
yet I have sinned after belief to God too, learned, learning Phil 3

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
sin is an inheritance... we were born sinners and will always sin, but once saved our sins are forgiven past, present and future through Christ.
For me to appreciate and not use for any self gain, at least fro me this I see presently, thanks

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Not everybody will always sin.
I think to think, not to say I will not sin again or say as a person better than others look at me I do not sing now, being a believer really???????????????/
Go on with the bad self, for I see that as the self in the way

Authorized (King James) Version

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but thisone thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Of course a saved person can sin! :oops:

Perhaps a better question is: Does God give everything that we need to live above sin?
yes God does, I do not always see it at first, yet learn from it and see willingly to God to stop it by God, not self, thanks

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Only the saved never sin.
so tell me, do you never sin after belief to the risen Son given you from God Father for you?
Is, God's grace not sufficient for you? To need God to lead over self doing it?
Just asking sincerely, you do not need to answer this, only between God and you personally, I hope you are not like Luke 18:9-14 the first part, the Pharisee not being fair you see

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
ABSOLUTELY!!! It would be expected that as the Born again person matures in the their relationship with God, that the Romans 8:28,29 process has its effect that they would sin LESS as time goes on. However we have an advocate - 1 John 1:9, 1 John 2:1 who restores us.

TRUE - there are actually folks that think/claim they "live sinlessly". They're also liars.
joyce meyers once said she hasn't committed a sin in 8 years!

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
The saved have persevered and do not sin.
2 Corinthians 10:6
And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

Is your obedience complete, then you can punish us all God
yet the God I know loved/loves us all. God chose us by Son to not punish us, rather to forgive us in appreciation response to God and thus love all, not just a few and only the first birth knows to only love those that love them back, what good is that
Do you love all? do you not ever get angry, do you not ever lust for certain things her sin this world
I am guilty and thank God for teaching me new, not to hate anyone ever again, and that does not make me perfect ever Phil 3:12-15
You speak for you, I speak for God 2 Cor 12:7-10 in thanksgiving and praise psalm 100:4, all sin taken away by Son today, Psalm 103:12

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
One trespass brought condemnation for all men, so also one act of righteousness brought justification
and life for all men. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners,
so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. From Romans 5:18-19
Thank you a Fact
F orever
A ble
Christ
T ook

It all for us to appreciate it, thank you God