We should rebuild Jerusalem Temple

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Graybeard

[h=1]Israeli minister: We should rebuild Jerusalem Temple[/h]Sunday, July 07, 2013 | Israel Today Staff

130707_temple.jpg

An Israeli cabinet minister last week publicly stated that perhaps the time has come to rebuild the biblical Temple on Jerusalem's Temple Mount.
Most Israelis has no aspirations of rebuilding the Temple. Even among those who would like to see the Temple restored, most do not believe Israel can undertake something so controversial absent a direct act of God.
But that didn't stop Housing and Construction Minister Uri Ariel (Jewish Home) from stating that "we need to build a real Temple on the Temple Mount."
Ariel was speaking at a press event in the Samarian community of Shilo, where archaeologists have uncovered remains of the biblical Tabernacle that was located there for hundreds of years before King David's conquest of Jerusalem.

Link

zone

Jun 13, 2010
they're absolutely ready to go.
we'll have to see.

i don't think God will allow it....i don't see it written in scripture.

A

amdg

Is this really news. I thought that this faction has pretty much always existed in the Israeli government. I's just simply not going to happen. There's way too many Israelis against the idea. Uri's party represents 10% of the Knesset (Israeli Parliament) and he's only one of 22 ministers of the cabinet.

S

Shiloah

Israeli minister: We should rebuild Jerusalem Temple

Sunday, July 07, 2013 | Israel Today Staff

View attachment 53268

An Israeli cabinet minister last week publicly stated that perhaps the time has come to rebuild the biblical Temple on Jerusalem's Temple Mount.
Most Israelis has no aspirations of rebuilding the Temple. Even among those who would like to see the Temple restored, most do not believe Israel can undertake something so controversial absent a direct act of God.
But that didn't stop Housing and Construction Minister Uri Ariel (Jewish Home) from stating that "we need to build a real Temple on the Temple Mount."
Ariel was speaking at a press event in the Samarian community of Shilo, where archaeologists have uncovered remains of the biblical Tabernacle that was located there for hundreds of years before King David's conquest of Jerusalem.

Link
What would they do if they did rebuild it? Start sacrificing animals again? Sounds like a great idea to me. (NOT).

G

Grey

Enter the Palestinians

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
I predict Al Aqsa mosque will collapse killing whoever is in it at time. Very little mention will be made to the tunnels that the Israelis have been digging underneath it. They will claim this is a sign of God to build their temple.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Just so you do not confuse the two mosques.

image0012.jpg

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
What will make this temple diffrent from The Dome of the rock or Aqsa mosque or even before those the Temple of Jupiter that sat in that very same spot built by unbelivers Hmm ???

John 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

And he has :)

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Good news :)

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Paul anything on building a temple made with hands?

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Ok Sounds Good i likes :)

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men , in that he hath raised him from the dead.

A new temple made by thetemplemount.org ,Not going to happen because it is not written in his word :)

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
What would they do if they did rebuild it? Start sacrificing animals again? Sounds like a great idea to me. (NOT).
Yeah, cats would be first to go:rolleyes:
But seriously, if this Temple does get built is it not the scenario where the antichrist steps in and proclaims himself as God thus duping many of the Jews?

G

Graybeard

But seriously, if this Temple does get built is it not the scenario where the antichrist steps in and proclaims himself as God thus duping many of the Jews?
Some believe that has happened already, I believe it is still to come. If Animal sacrifices are done that is obviously wrong as Vic1980 post No8 has said.

B

Bryancampbell

What if it becomes a museum (oh snap :O)

D

Donkeyfish07

They are definitely not going to openly tear down the mosque that sets on that site.....it would violate the treaty they have with Jordan and there would be a guaranteed war over it......They could perhaps sabotage it in an indirect way as Drett suggests but if they denied the Muslims who currently have authority over the site the option to rebuild it, they would still be violating the treaty they have with Jordan.

There are a lot of reasons they haven't rebuilt the temple already and while anything is possible, I'm willing to bet money it doesn't actually happen anytime soon.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
They are definitely not going to openly tear down the mosque that sets on that site.....it would violate the treaty they have with Jordan and there would be a guaranteed war over it......They could perhaps sabotage it in an indirect way as Drett suggests but if they denied the Muslims who currently have authority over the site the option to rebuild it, they would still be violating the treaty they have with Jordan.

There are a lot of reasons they haven't rebuilt the temple already and while anything is possible, I'm willing to bet money it doesn't actually happen anytime soon.
I wouldn't be so quick to put your money where your mouth is. Things can happen in a day to make the situation just right for the temple to be rebuilt -- an earthquake, anything. And I don't know why many Christians are putting off Christ's return 100's and 100's of years into the future. Most of the signs are here, we are in the last days. How long these last "days" are, though, is anyone's guess.

Jul 25, 2005
And I don't know why many Christians are putting off Christ's return 100's and 100's of years into the future.
Recently, I think it has to do with the fact that Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins stoked the fires a little too much. Around the year 2000 people were so inundated with "End of the World" themed television programs that they disproportionally stressed themselves out.

We are now, as a faith, walking away from it. Cooling off to the idea because things did not come about as we expected.

Just my thoughts off the cuff really. I'm sure somebody on here would have a more solid explanation.

zone

Jun 13, 2010

that was Herod crossnote.
fulfilled.

Daniel 11
36“And the king shall do as he wills. He shall exalt himself and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak astonishing things against the God of gods. He shall prosper till the indignation is accomplished; for what is decreed shall be done. 37He shall pay no attention to the gods of his fathers, or to the one beloved by women. He shall not pay attention to any other god, for he shall magnify himself above all. 38He shall honor the god of fortresses instead of these. A god whom his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts. 39He shall deal with the strongest fortresses with the help of a foreign god. Those who acknowledge him he shall load with honor. He shall make them rulers over many and shall divide the land for a price.

http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/63663-herods.html < click

D

Donkeyfish07

I wouldn't be so quick to put your money where your mouth is. Things can happen in a day to make the situation just right for the temple to be rebuilt -- an earthquake, anything. And I don't know why many Christians are putting off Christ's return 100's and 100's of years into the future. Most of the signs are here, we are in the last days. How long these last "days" are, though, is anyone's guess.
I hope Christ comes today honestly, and none of us can predict the timing of that.....All I'm saying is, the probability of the mosque being destroyed AND the Jewish people building a temple in it's place anytime in the near future are slim to none.....there's a lot of politics and treaties involved. Even if the mosque were somehow demolished right this second those issues would not just disappear.

G

Graybeard

that was Herod crossnote.
fulfilled.

Daniel 11
36“And the king shall do as he wills. He shall exalt himself and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak astonishing things against the God of gods. He shall prosper till the indignation is accomplished; for what is decreed shall be done. 37He shall pay no attention to the gods of his fathers, or to the one beloved by women. He shall not pay attention to any other god, for he shall magnify himself above all. 38He shall honor the god of fortresses instead of these. A god whom his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts. 39He shall deal with the strongest fortresses with the help of a foreign god. Those who acknowledge him he shall load with honor. He shall make them rulers over many and shall divide the land for a price.

http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/63663-herods.html < click
Did Herod do all this from the Temple itself?...I ask because I really do not know, If he did then it warrants a closer look but if he did not then that cannot be fulfilled.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Did Herod do all this from the Temple itself?...I ask because I really do not know, If he did then it warrants a closer look but if he did not then that cannot be fulfilled.
List of major Herodian building projects[edit]

Model of Herod's Temple (renovation of the Second Temple) in the Israel Museum.
Herod's Palace in Jerusalem (Last quarter, 1st century BC)
The Temple Mount, Jerusalem (ca 19 BC)
Herod's Temple
Western Wall
Western Wall Tunnel
Western Stone
Antonia Fortress
Roman public facilities, Jerusalem (1st century BC)
Theater, amphitheater, hippodrome (Remains have not been found)
Renovation of the Pool of Siloam
Jerusalem water channel
Jerusalem pilgrim road
The Royal Complex at Lower Herodium (Last quarter, 1st century BC)
The Palace-fortress
Herod's Tomb
Other structures (??)
The Palace-fortress at Masada (37-15 BC)
Caesarea Maritima with its palace and harbor (25–13 BC)
Three Winter Palaces, Jericho (?? BC)
Three temples dedicated to Augustus (at Sebaste, Caesarea, and Panias)[3]

Herodian architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/63663-herods.html < click & skim

Last edited:
A

AgeofKnowledge

It is (Matthew 24:15, II Thessalonians 2:4, and Revelation 11:1, etc...) but...

they're absolutely ready to go.
we'll have to see.

i don't think God will allow it....i don't see it written in scripture.

G

Graybeard

List of major Herodian building projects[edit]

Model of Herod's Temple (renovation of the Second Temple) in the Israel Museum.
Herod's Palace in Jerusalem (Last quarter, 1st century BC)
The Temple Mount, Jerusalem (ca 19 BC)
Herod's Temple
Western Wall
Western Wall Tunnel
Western Stone
Antonia Fortress
Roman public facilities, Jerusalem (1st century BC)
Theater, amphitheater, hippodrome (Remains have not been found)
Renovation of the Pool of Siloam
Jerusalem water channel
Jerusalem pilgrim road
The Royal Complex at Lower Herodium (Last quarter, 1st century BC)
The Palace-fortress
Herod's Tomb
Other structures (??)
The Palace-fortress at Masada (37-15 BC)
Caesarea Maritima with its palace and harbor (25–13 BC)
Three Winter Palaces, Jericho (?? BC)
Three temples dedicated to Augustus (at Sebaste, Caesarea, and Panias)[3]

Herodian architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/63663-herods.html < click & skim
interesting yes, but the Jews were allowed to continue with their sacrifice during the renovations, as far as I understand the daily sacrifice was only stopped when the Temple was destroyed in 70AD, is that correct?