Various Owls

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
lol. Thanks for sharing those two videos inthewind. I enjoyed watching both of them. Who would have thought that a tawny frogmouth could resemble the owl as much as it does. After getting a close up shot of one just now, I can see how the tawny frogmouth does resemple a frog a lot also. I think I may have even mistaken one of them for an owl in one of my previous posts in this thread.

As far as the barking owls are concerned, that's just unique. Did not know they even existed until you shared that video.

Upon doing a little research, I found that the barking owls are also able to make a shrill woman-like scream.

Last edited:
I

inthewind

To tell the truth I have a fear of birds, brought on by a killer bantam rooster when I was little. The ruffling of feathers causes chills to run down my spine. I can't imagine what I would do if I came upon an owl that screamed at me like a woman. lol. It was bad enough a few summers back when I was weeding the garden and a voice called out to me from above - help me, help me. Turned out to be a crow in a nearby tree.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
To tell the truth I have a fear of birds, brought on by a killer bantam rooster when I was little. The ruffling of feathers causes chills to run down my spine. I can't imagine what I would do if I came upon an owl that screamed at me like a woman. lol. It was bad enough a few summers back when I was weeding the garden and a voice called out to me from above - help me, help me. Turned out to be a crow in a nearby tree.
Wow sir, you've definitely had some interesting experiences with birds!

I know back at the time it wasn't humorous, but I am sure now looking back at it, you probably get a few good chuckles :)

My past fear used to be of dogs. And that was a long time ago. I think my past fear of dogs all started back when I was bitten by a dog when I was real little. Now of course I found out that it was actually my fault that the dog bit me, since I had pulled his tail. lol!

But today, I could probably walk up calmly to any dog, including a german shepherd and rottweiler. And as far as a doverman or great dane is concerned, I would just be more cautious.

And yeah, to see a barking owl scream with the sound of a woman, yeah that would definitely be kind of frightening!

Last edited:

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
Handsome those owls are I heard tales of a huge owl living in the middle of my city that my family always saw I never saw it but it was huge and my family rarely exaggerates. Anyway Thanks for sharing :p

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
Handsome those owls are I heard tales of a huge owl living in the middle of my city that my family always saw I never saw it but it was huge and my family rarely exaggerates. Anyway Thanks for sharing :p

Abslutely MrHonest, you are welcome. Anytime! :)