Trump desecrates Flag

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tamarisk

Jan 2, 2023
See, this right here is an example of the show.
The left presents this as another 'fact' that Trump is breaking laws and is unfit for office.
Assuming that even some expensive lawyers can't defend this as "intent" and assuming that Trump is 100% in the wrong, then it simply doesn't matter.
Because it's seen as an act of hypocrisy by the left who has been trying hard to de-throw Trump since his first term.
Their optics are actually pretty bad right now because they make him even more popular with everything he triggers them with.

If Kamal was doing this Newsmax, Fox News, Tucker Carlson and Benny Johnson would be talking about this as an automatic disqualifier for Kamala's candidacy until the day of the election.

Before Trump if a Conservative candidate acted like him, he would automatically be disqualified. That's why there's so much outrage from the left because they can't believe that there's not outrage from the right!

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
If Kamal was doing this Newsmax, Fox News, Tucker Carlson and Benny Johnson would be talking about this as an automatic disqualifier for Kamala's candidacy until the day of the election.

Before Trump if a Conservative candidate acted like him, he would automatically be disqualified. That's why there's so much outrage from the left because they can't believe that there's not outrage from the right!
Does being the candidate without receiving any primary votes disqualify her? Is that democracy? Perhaps next time she can be the President without getting a single vote in the general election? Good thing we have someone like her protecting democracy.

Tamarisk

Jan 2, 2023
Does being the candidate without receiving any primary votes disqualify her? Is that democracy? Perhaps next time she can be the President without getting a single vote in the general election? Good thing we have someone like her protecting democracy.

I'm not going to address your silly whataboutisms. If you wish to talk about that further start another thread or private message me and we can have a discussion about it there.

I'm addressing the fact that if Kamala signed an American flag the right would lose their collective head. And would never let go of that issue. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. You dismiss Trump when he does things that if Kamala did you would hold her feet to the fire over. Don't try to get away from this.

Let's address your hypocrisy head on.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
See how personal it is?
This is a reflection of a large portion of the populace.
The subtleties of wordplay, irony and humor are lost on the useful idiots that much is true.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I'm not going to address your silly whataboutisms. If you wish to talk about that further start another thread or private message me and we can have a discussion about it there.

I'm addressing the fact that if Kamala signed an American flag the right would lose their collective head. And would never let go of that issue. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. You dismiss Trump when he does things that if Kamala did you would hold her feet to the fire over. Don't try to get away from this.

Let's address your hypocrisy head on.
I'm not a hypocrite. I have no problem with Trump being called out for signing a flag. But Trump is often insensitive and unthinking. But there is a big difference between Trump signing a flag because he is unthinking and someone who burns an American flag. Trump is just being an idiot. The other is filled with hatred towards America and Americans. If you conflate the two, it is you who are the hypocrite.

Jul 18, 2017
Of course writing on a flag or letting it touch the ground takes priority over WW3
If indeed it was an actual flag and not a facsimile of some kind. People are constantly copying the flag and using it in different ways.

And why did Tamarisk fail to mention in the same post how the Leftists trampled and burnt the flag in the recent past, all with Democratic approval? What about the trashing of the Constitution (for which the flag stands) by these Democrats who will do anything to destroy America. What we have is domestic enemies in control at the top. Who is supposed to protect the republic from domestic enemies?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Kamalatov is disqualified for a far greater range of vastly more profound transgressions, all incalculably odious.

All of the criticisms of Trump that I hear from the Prog left peanut gallery is pretty much "nanny nanny foo foo".
A nauseatingly endless chorus of "Orange man bad" chanting.

They are not trying to jail and assassinate the guy for all of the evil he is about to bring.
Quite the contrary. It is the light and justice and ending the bloodshed that they simply cannot accept.

And don't forget, Trump, RFK and Tulsi all want the $$$ wars $$$ to end.
And the present regime is positively horrified at declassifying JFK, Epstein's list.....and a whole lot of other secrets.
Why is that? Don't they want the truth? Or is murder and extortion and war features of the system that
they cannot possibly abandon?

Jan 2, 2023
I'm not a hypocrite. I have no problem with Trump being called out for signing a flag. But Trump is often insensitive and unthinking. But there is a big difference between Trump signing a flag because he is unthinking and someone who burns an American flag. Trump is just being an idiot. The other is filled with hatred towards America and Americans. If you conflate the two, it is you who are the hypocrite.
Regardless of his intent what he did was still against US flag code.

You're telling me that if Kamala Harris signed a flag regardless of her intent that you would be absolutely fine with it?

That's what I'm attempting to discuss. Not the actual Acts themselves but the reactions.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Yup. Trump does wander into the weeds now and again.
Stupid. Yup.
Regrettable. Yup.

But he does not desire to usher in a neo-communist banana republic.
Or start WW3 just for jollies and/or vain efforts at geopolitical domination.

So there is that.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

You're telling me that if Kamala Harris signed a flag regardless of her intent that you would be absolutely fine with it?

That's what I'm attempting to discuss. Not the actual Acts themselves but the reactions.
Lets discuss the declassification of the JFK assassination.
I find it far more intriguing with vastly greater implications for the good.

Jan 2, 2023
Lets discuss the declassification of the JFK assassination.
I find it far more intriguing with vastly greater implications for the good.

Go ahead and start that thread then. I will even join in the conversation. This thread is for discussing, Trump singing an American flag and the political ramifications surrounding that.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

You should read a little slower and with the goal of comprehension. I don't have a problem with Trump being called out for signing the flag. He is without excuse, as is anyone else who does so. My post didn't exonerate Trump.
Conservatives don't choose candidates because they aren't flawed. They choose candidates who want to conserve the nation as originally designed. And what I find disingenuous is that liberals are concerned over minor incidents or clumsy verbiage, but are little concerned that their candidates are chosen undemocratically or who refuse to uphold the very laws they swore to uphold.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021

I think people would be mildly irritated if she signed a flag, and then completely forget that it happened the next day.

In the grand scheme of things observing the flag code to the letter, compared to other things, is not that important- and particularly when we're talking about privately owned flags. "There are weighter matters of the law" and whatnot. As Cameron has said, it is people's overt hostility toward America that is the real problem.

Jan 2, 2023
You should read a little slower and with the goal of comprehension. I don't have a problem with Trump being called out for signing the flag. He is without excuse, as is anyone else who does so. My post didn't exonerate Trump.
Conservatives don't choose candidates because they aren't flawed. They choose candidates who want to conserve the nation as originally designed. And what I find disingenuous is that liberals are concerned over minor incidents or clumsy verbiage, but are little concerned that their candidates are chosen undemocratically or who refuse to uphold the very laws they swore to uphold.

Let me take a little time to remind you how you approacho this.

I was replying to someone and making the point that the outrage on the left is because there is no outrage on the right.

You demonstrated that point by attempting to pivot away from the discussion by using whataboutisms.

And it was only when I held your feet to the fire that you admitted that he was an idiot and did stupid things. But it was only done out of necessity when you were not able to run from the truth. And you did so in a dismissive way to say oh that's just cousin Donnie being cousin Donnie LOL he just does stupid things lol.

Instead of addressing the elephant in the room that if Kamala did such stupid things on a regular basis you would hold her feet to the fire and you wouldn't stop talking about it until the day of the election.

Let's talk about that let's talk about how you would be treating Harris differently. You would be the one starting this thread you would be the one defending the flag code.

You're forgetting that Donald Trump called for jail sentences for flag desecrators. According to him he believes that he should go to jail for what he did. That's the real issue here.

Kamala made no such statements about jailing those that desecrate the flag. However Trump did. She must be held to the same standard that he wishes to hold other people too.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Kamalatov is disqualified for a far greater range of vastly more profound transgressions, all incalculably odious.

All of the criticisms of Trump that I hear from the Prog left peanut gallery is pretty much "nanny nanny foo foo".
A nauseatingly endless chorus of "Orange man bad" chanting.

They are not trying to jail and assassinate the guy for all of the evil he is about to bring.
Quite the contrary. It is the light and justice and ending the bloodshed that they simply cannot accept.

And don't forget, Trump, RFK and Tulsi all want the $$$ wars $$$ to end.
And the present regime is positively horrified at declassifying JFK, Epstein's list.....and a whole lot of other secrets.
Why is that? Don't they want the truth? Or is murder and extortion and war features of the system that
they cannot possibly abandon?
It seems the question in this election is not who is better, but rather which one is worst