The Gratitude Project - Countdown to 2016

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abing

6 days before 2016!

I thank God for my ministry! I just started it not too long ago. About 3 months ago, I joined the sound ministry, in charge of everything audio, from mixing to microphones, input and output receivers for every instrument and performer. My entire time being a Christian, I was always in the worship ministry, either choir or backing vocals (I've never led praise and worship), one time I was alternating between keys and guitar, just because there was no one else lol! Anyway, so earlier this year, I signed up for backing vocals again for my current church and I got accepted after auditioning and a short interview. But I had to turn it down because of changes in my work schedule. Later this year, I tried again, but the worship ministry was closed this time lol. So I went with the audio department and I never regretted that decision! Audio production is actually amazing and I am so blessed by everything about it! Even if, half the time, I have no idea what I'm doing, it gets overwhelming how audio plays a big role in a church service (like, duh). It's a humbling experience every time and I thank God for the new revelation, wisdom and knowledge that I get for myself every time I serve. I'm the one offering service but I always get something out of it, every time. And I'm so grateful to be a part of it. Thank You Lord!!

--

I'd like to thank all those who participated and I hope you get encouraged to continue! A few days more and we're there!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I'm thankful that this year, everyone in my family got to have Christmas together. Last year, I was stuck in bed with a herniated disk, and my brother got kicked by a horse Christmas morning, so he and the rest of my family spent Christmas at the hospital.. :( I am thankful for my two newly adopted nieces, I'm thankful my cat didn't get seriously injured or killed when she fell off the porch into the river last month, and I'm thankful that Vermont still doesn't have any snow yet.. :)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I am thankful for time off to spend with my family!

Sep 13, 2015
Grateful for my beautiful niece and nephew! They bring me so much joy :)
He's two and a half (Don't mind my husband's silly face :))
1934127_10153425412028931_8612519572483758182_n.jpg
And she's just two months! She smiled for me today and it made me so happy :D
FB_IMG_1451265655496.jpg

student

Jul 20, 2010
I received a phone call today for a last minute change in the Lead Singing at church. Would I? I did! I loved being able to praise God in song..even when I wasn't sure of the music. It went really well. So thankful for opportunities such as these to serve with Joy and Thanksgiving!

Dec 18, 2013
Pretty chill back day today. Dropped off Christmas gifts at my friend's house but he wasn't home yet, so I suppose he still has a surprise waiting for him later. Lol hoping and assuming his roommates give him his gift though lol. Guess I'll be thankful for a more relaxed day to break from the hyper holiday hustle and bustle.

A

Abing

5 days before 2016!

Today, I'm thankful for, dare I say it, the trials that I faced. As much as I love a trial-free life, I know that these storms I'm facing, will bring out the worst in me, so I can trade it for what God has for me. And that testing my faith, produces perseverance, which is rather not enjoyable at times. I'm grateful for these opportunities to grow in faith and become more of who God is shaping me to be. Thank You Lord.

student

Jul 20, 2010
"The weather outside is frightful...but I'm inside and it's delightful...with my two young grandchildren...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." Prayers for anyone who has to drive -student

Dec 18, 2013
Guess I'll change it up a bit so I don't make this like my diary of day to day stuff lol. Been thinking I am thankful to have met you all on CC, even the people that don't so much care for me. You all bring me interesting stuff to consider or just entertain me lol. May all CCers, past, present, and future do well in the next year, praise Jesus.

Sep 13, 2015
I am grateful for our new microwave we got for Christmas! We've been without one for the last five months and our oven also broke down recently, so it's a real thrill XD

A

Abing

3 days before 2016!

I thank God for my siblings. I have a younger sister and a younger brother. I love them both to the moon and to the stars. Even though my sister and I used to fight a lot growing up, when our brother was born, we matured lol. I thank God that He gave me siblings to experience life with, to share my joy and happiness with and just to love. They're always there when I needed them and for that I will be forever grateful. Thank You Lord!

Dec 18, 2013
My friend J came over today needing to borrow some money to get his girlfriend a birthday gift. So I guess I will be thankful that I was able to help him out.

Lol also to backtrack a little bit I called my friend whom I left his gifts with his roommates a few days ago to see if he actually got them. He did not get them. It seems his roommate stole them, but my friend was kinda relieved since he was able to identify which roommate it was since I know his other two roommates and it wasn't them and they have been having a mystery over who has been nicking their stuff. So I guess it's cool their mystery is solved, but hoping that nothing violent comes of it. Luckily (or is it destiny?), I picked up some spare gift cards. So I will be thankful that Christmas is not totally ruined for my friend and that I will still be able to give him a gift either later tonight or tomorrow.

A

Abing

My friend J came over today needing to borrow some money to get his girlfriend a birthday gift. So I guess I will be thankful that I was able to help him out.

Lol also to backtrack a little bit I called my friend whom I left his gifts with his roommates a few days ago to see if he actually got them. He did not get them. It seems his roommate stole them, but my friend was kinda relieved since he was able to identify which roommate it was since I know his other two roommates and it wasn't them and they have been having a mystery over who has been nicking their stuff. So I guess it's cool their mystery is solved, but hoping that nothing violent comes of it. Luckily (or is it destiny?), I picked up some spare gift cards. So I will be thankful that Christmas is not totally ruined for my friend and that I will still be able to give him a gift either later tonight or tomorrow.
Lol! They actually did that! Smh.

Dec 18, 2013
Lol! They actually did that! Smh.
Lol yea when I called him he was saying they had been having basically a mystery like Clue over which roommate is the thief. Someone stole his recording equipment for his lil rap projects so he was moreso bummed about that. He didn't even know I dropped him a gift off, they probably just took it and never told him lol. In the positive side of things at least he might know who did it now and be able to get back his recording equipment, peacefully I hope.

Lol he told me he was moving out in two weeks, so I hope it'll all work out. Guess he has a new girlfriend so that's cool since the gift card I'm gonna give him is to some fancy restaurants so maybe it will be a better gift for him that he might take his girl out on a nice date. Then again my friend kind of a playa, so maybe not lol.

T

Tintin

I thank God for inventing books.

A

Abing

Lol yea when I called him he was saying they had been having basically a mystery like Clue over which roommate is the thief. Someone stole his recording equipment for his lil rap projects so he was moreso bummed about that. He didn't even know I dropped him a gift off, they probably just took it and never told him lol. In the positive side of things at least he might know who did it now and be able to get back his recording equipment, peacefully I hope.

Lol he told me he was moving out in two weeks, so I hope it'll all work out. Guess he has a new girlfriend so that's cool since the gift card I'm gonna give him is to some fancy restaurants so maybe it will be a better gift for him that he might take his girl out on a nice date. Then again my friend kind of a playa, so maybe not lol.
I hope that goes well for him, the perks of living with strangers. And there are too many playas in this world!! Now I don't feel bad for your friend anymore lol!

Dec 18, 2013
I hope that goes well for him, the perks of living with strangers. And there are too many playas in this world!! Now I don't feel bad for your friend anymore lol!
I feel bad his recording equipment got stolen around Christmas though. Lol can't really hold the grudge against him for being a playa. Almost everyone my age around here is a playa, even the women! I'm not a playa though because, le sigh... I ain't got no game lol.

T

Tintin

I have no time for playas.

A

Abing

I feel bad his recording equipment got stolen around Christmas though. Lol can't really hold the grudge against him for being a playa. Almost everyone my age around here is a playa, even the women! I'm not a playa though because, le sigh... I ain't got no game lol.
Le sigh lol. But that's true though, even women. Our generation is just going downhill. Smh. Oh well, that's why we're here! *fist bumps*

student

Jul 20, 2010
Day 3 I am thankful for silver and gold friendships...new and old...that I have. They're all gems.