The Eschatology of Israel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
It doesn't mention the Church, just Israel and Judah.

It's my understanding that Jesus came only to the Jews, and sent His Apostles to the Gentiles.
[/QUOTE]
Israel, true Israel, is the seed of Abraham. Not all of Israel is of Israel. It's referring to the Israel of God; not ethnic Israel.
Jesus, in giving eternal life comes to all those in the new covenant. Eternal life is KNOWING God and Christ. This is pictured in John 14 where the Father and Son pitch their tents inside the believer and tabernacle with them. The intimacy of the relationship is extended in John 15 as the life of Christ becomes the life of each believer as the Father provides tender care.
The old covenant failed, and it failed because of the weakness of the flesh. Even under the new covenant, Christians continue to sin. Setting up another covenant based on the law would fail as well for the same reason. Why do you think God would set Israel up to fail again?
And you still didn't deal with the question of the wall of partition being broken down and no longer Jew or Greek.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
Hi, and not sure what you mean.
You said that the New Covenant was between the Father and the Son; but even if that is true, the Son is still a man.

Hebrews 10 shows that the New Covenant is that New Covenant mentioned in Jerimiah. The New Covenant is made with Israel and Judah; which the gentiles in the church qualify because they are in Christ.
It is called Amillennialism.
Definitely not. I believe in an actual millennial reign; but it doesn't require some new-er covenant, let alone a covenant that is apart from faith in Christ. Anybody that believes in God will have the Son revealed; nobody that denies the Son has the Father.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
It sounds crazy to teach what is in this post, but it’s just what I believe personally, after two and a half decades of Biblical research. Many attempt to relate Jer 31:31-33; Eze 36:25-27 to Jews who convert to Christianity, but it's actually a new covenant for Israel which will still involve "law" (Jer 31:33), "statutes and judgments" (Eze 36:27), and "ordinances" (Eze 11:20). Besides, the Christians final and New Covenant is the "Covenant of Redemption" which is not a covenant between God and man, like Israel's coming New Covenant, but is between the Father and the Son; with the Father raising Him to save believers. Many Jews truly love God and He them!

It is my belief that there will be two groups of people who shall be saved: those who believe in the Lord Jesus, and the Jews who do not believe in the Lord Jesus, but believe in God (Jn 14:1 – “Ye believe in God” KJV). Those believing in Christ will inherit the New Heaven; those believing in God only, inherit the New Earth, the final “promise” of inheriting the “land.” Scripture always speaks of the Jews inheriting the “Land” (New Earth). Jews who desire to inherit the New Heaven must believe in the Lord Jesus or they cannot enter here.

I do not think it easy, especially of being sure, that God would abandon His “people” after four millennia of Him working with them, repetitiously bringing them back to Himself after continuous straying. I say “straying” because this type of disobedience doesn’t detract their belief in Him, and there is much ignorance in their disobedience, and is why God will never fail to restore them to fellowship. Presently Israel is out of fellowship with God for not believing in His Son, but will never be out of union with Him. Their belief in God gains them union with Him; their obedience to God gains them also fellowship with Him!

It’s my belief that God will not abandon Israel after four millennia now of dealing with restoring them back to Himself after straying; not in unbelief, but disobedience. The Jews who will be in unbelief will perish (Rom 11:20; Heb 3:19; 4:6), along with the non-Christian Gentiles.

He will finally restore Israel’s fellowship to Himself, this time “causing” them to be obedient (Eze 36:27); same as the born again saint being caused to “please” God (Phil 2:13). Presently, Israel is not in fellowship with God for disbelieving in His Son, but will finally restore them to fellowship after seeing the Lord Jesus at the rapture. But those who do not believe in Christ before they see Him will miss the “blessing” (Jn 20:29) of inheriting the New Heaven; but God’s plan is that His people Israel will inherit the New Earth, and the Christians inherit the New Heaven—ruling with the Lord Jesus over the New Earth.

Most will not understand these teachings because they will never be taught as common doctrine. It’s also my belief that God is so protective of Israel—His “people,” to the point that most of the teachings of Israel’s eschatology requires much Scriptural-inference to determine their understanding.
NC
I am very glad you love the Jews :) I have GOOD NEWS for you. ALL Israel will be saved. Now what Paul means by "all" is up for debate but it certainly doesn't mean a remnant, or a third with two thirds perishing.

How will it be since they have for all these generations past rejected the Messiah and only Saviour?

You won't hear this anywhere else. You'll read it in the scriptures if you care to.

The answer [and according to Daniel 12] is that at the time of the great tribulation and when the Lord descends from heaven with a shout to gather all His saints the Jews also will awake, all Jews who ever lived.
Daniel 12.
At that time shall arise Michael the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble such as never has been since there was a nation till that time but AT THAT TIME

But at that time your people will be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book.

And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmanent and those who turn many unto righteousness like the stars forever and ever.

The picture is VERY clear, it is the time of tribulation/rapture. When the Jews awake they will SEE Jesus and they will look upon Him whom they have pierced and mourn for Him and God will pour out a spirit of compassion and supplication upon Israel and they will as a nation seek Him in prayer [Zechariah 12]

So nobody gets saved except through Christ ... but the Jews will not be raptured, they will go into the Millennial kingdom and turn the rest of mankind to righteousness.

That's what was always supposed to happen but there has been the long gap, this parenthesis which has been the church age.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

John 10:9 I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved.

John 11:25b "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live, even though he dies."

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other
name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 4:12 plus 1 Timothy 2:5

Psalm 62:1-2; Acts 4:12; Philippians 2:9
:)
They WILL believe in Him

NetChaplain

Nov 21, 2018
I am very glad you love the Jews :) I have GOOD NEWS for you. ALL Israel will be saved. Now what Paul means by "all" is up for debate but it certainly doesn't mean a remnant, or a third with two thirds perishing.

How will it be since they have for all these generations past rejected the Messiah and only Saviour?

You won't hear this anywhere else. You'll read it in the scriptures if you care to.

The answer [and according to Daniel 12] is that at the time of the great tribulation and when the Lord descends from heaven with a shout to gather all His saints the Jews also will awake, all Jews who ever lived.
Daniel 12.
At that time shall arise Michael the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble such as never has been since there was a nation till that time but AT THAT TIME

But at that time your people will be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book.

And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmanent and those who turn many unto righteousness like the stars forever and ever.

The picture is VERY clear, it is the time of tribulation/rapture. When the Jews awake they will SEE Jesus and they will look upon Him whom they have pierced and mourn for Him and God will pour out a spirit of compassion and supplication upon Israel and they will as a nation seek Him in prayer [Zechariah 12]

So nobody gets saved except through Christ ... but the Jews will not be raptured, they will go into the Millennial kingdom and turn the rest of mankind to righteousness.

That's what was always supposed to happen but there has been the long gap, this parenthesis which has been the church age.
Hi, and appreciate your somewhat instructional reply! Regardless or how God is going to do it, Israel will be restored, as they always have, to God. I believe it will be during the Millennium, with Christ and the Christians ruling over Israel (Mat 19:28); and it's my suspicion that "judging" means teaching, as God continues to teach the Christians, and them relaying it to Israel. Thanks and God bless!