Sin Consciousness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2017
-
Having sin conscious is why you keep sinning, if you are born again.

So, if you have no sin consciousness, you are free from the effect......so you stop.

Reader,
sinning is the end result of sin consciousness, and having sin consciousness is caused by trying to be accepted by God based on your behavior, or its caused by "falling from Grace" which is the same thing.....
This is "cause and effect" or "sinning and confessing"...... that is continued by : "the law is the power of sin" that keeps sin consciousness empowered in your "mind of the flesh".
All this is caused by wrong faith.

Notice this verse, reader...

Hebrews 10:2 : Paul explains that Old Testament animal sacrifices would have been discontinued, (stopped) had they removed = sin consciousness.
But they CANT.
YET< this teaches you that it CAN be done......and here is how it happens.
Here is what God did.....>He provided Jesus and the blood of Jesus as the. """ ONE TIME ETERNAL Sacrifice, for all sin".

So, the reason that Jesus does not have to be offered for you, again and again, as you found with animal sacrifices in the OT, is because the one time eternal sacrifice of Christ, forgives all You SIN and thereby = removes sin consciousness.

Here is the problem that can exist......The Law and commandments will put it back on you, and keep this happening in your "wrong mind", until you stop trying to keep the law and the commandments in an effort to perform this way to try to keep yourself saved or try to maintain fellowship with God.
Anything you try to do, to be accepted by God, instead of resting in the true faith that believes that Christ's sacrifice always keeps you accepted by God, puts you into a spiritual dominion......"under the law", and that causes you to continue to have "sin consciousness".

Sin consciousness is removed when you are born again , but to exist there in your MIND, you have to renew your mind, as its in the mind of wrong faith, "the mind of the flesh"..... that causes the law to keep you trapped under the bondage that is sin consciousness.
This is the "curse of the Law", and "Christ has delivered the born again from the Curse of the Law".
So, when you get back under the law,....LEGALISM...... the law becomes the power of sin, and that curse keeps you under the bondage of "sin Consciousness", that is why you keep sinning and confessing.

When a believer is "under the law", instead of existing in real faith as "under Grace".... then sin consciousness dominates your flesh and you can't control it, perfectly.

So......When a believer learns to exist here.....>"Christ always gives me the victory", by stopping all self effort to try to be accepted by God or to try to keep yourself saved, then you begin to actually exist "under Grace" and that takes care of your sin consciousness.
Once you do that, you will find this as your Christianity... = "Christ always GIVES me the VICTORY... over the flesh, the devil, and the world.

Once you are there, then Paul defines you as......>"As many as BE PERFECT"....... Philippians 3:15

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
So your great teaching is to do the opposite of this ?

“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:8-10‬ ‭KJV‬

just pretend you are righteous when you sin thank God you aren’t a sinner so your advice is to follow the Pharisee who went home unjustified

“Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:10-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

how many of j.ps books have you studied ?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Once you are there, then Paul defines you as......>"As many as BE PERFECT"....... Philippians 3:15

I can’t help but see what you are doing and it actually is beginning to seem
Intentional

you are completely distorting Paul’s words openly

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:12-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul is saying one thing and then you are cropping words distorting it to your thinking and it seems intentional now when we start cutting verses in half and removing what was said , I’m gonna part from you I had thought you just didn’t understand , now it seems intentional

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
Here is the problem that can exist......The Law and commandments will put it back on you, and keep this happening in your "wrong mind", until you stop trying to keep the law and the commandments in an effort to perform this way to try to keep yourself saved or try to maintain fellowship with God.
Anything you try to do, to be accepted by God, instead of resting in the true faith that believes that Christ's sacrifice always keeps you accepted by God, puts you into a spiritual dominion......"under the law", and that causes you to continue to have "sin consciousness".
You're wrongly lumping 2 things together.
1. A born again believer doesn't have to lift a finger to "keep himself saved". God does all the keeping.
2. But when a believer sins, he severs his fellowship with God. He is conscious of his sin because the indwelt Holy Spirt makes him conscious of his sin. He needs to confess that sin to his heavenly Father and repent from it in order to restore the fellowship. (Fellowship is not salvation).

Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 1 Cor 10:11-12 (KJV)

Dec 9, 2011
1 John 3:9
King James Version

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Feb 16, 2017
2. But when a believer sins, he severs his fellowship with God. )
The only reason you have fellowship with God, is because Gods BLood has allowed you to be in Spiritual Union with God, as born again.
So, this is the blood of God, that Keeps God at peace with you.
That never changes.......
So.....Your behavior has no effect on the Blood of Jesus which is the Blood Atonement.... .which is the ONLY reason God is in relationship with you.
So, you would have to change the blood of Jesus in some way, to stop God's fellowship with you.
You would have to be God to do that, and you are not.

If you sin, ...that's already taken care of 2000 yrs ago, by the CROSS...... as the sacrifice of Jesus is a "One time eternal sacrifice for all sin".

"all", means "all".

So, the heretical teaching that the devil designed, that is taught which tries to make you believe that you are responsible for your fellowship to God, DENIES the blood of Jesus its credit, and denies the Cross.

Don't do that, and dont listen to anyone who teaches you that lie, and if you are in a cult that taught you that lie, then get out of it.

Aug 20, 2021
Paul said no longer me but the sin inside me that sins

Feb 16, 2017
Paul said no longer me but the sin inside me that sins
Actually Paul does not teach that he kept sinning. or....."that which i do not want to do, i do".
He got passed that, and became this....."Christ always gives me the Victory".......>As many as Be perfect"......>"The fullness of the Stature of Christ".
That is what Paul became, and that is what we are to become, but we have to learn how....

See my Threads.

Feb 16, 2017
1 John 3:9
King James Version

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Exactly.

And that verse is unknown as REALITY to 95% of the born again Christians.
Most Christians believe, because most denominations teach, that you are going to sin and confess, so EXPECT IT.
They teach this lie, and most Christians are living out this lie, as their discipleship.

Feb 16, 2017
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves,
If you have sin, you are not born again.
AS the born again are "dead to sin, and alive to Christ".

Jesus on the Cross, has dealt with all the sin, of the born again.
They don't have sin, as He died for it and "became sin".

So, when you read a verse that talks about "having sin", then that means that this audience in the verse, has not been forgiven their sin, by Christ on the Cross.

Feb 16, 2017
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
What is twisting your l mind, is the word.....>"we".
That is what is making you misunderstand the verse.

See, you read.......John saying...>"if WE say, we have no sin".....
So, you think John is talking about himself.....but you would have to be LSD on Crack to literally believe that an Apostle is a sinner, and has sin.
You would have to be south of sanity to believe that an Apostle, is talking to sinners, and the apostle has sin.

Let me show how this works...

Lets say that i get a group of the members here in a room, and we have a service., and im preaching.
I know that some of the members brought unsaved people.
So, first..... i will teach, for the benefit of the members, and then i will adjust the service to deal with the UNSAVED.
How, lets say that there are some Gnostics in the room, that are guests.
And as im '"preaching the cross"", and talking about sin, they stop me and they say....."we dont have sin.....there is no such thing as sin.....sin is an illusion".
Mary Baker Eddy teaches this also....so, maybe the people saying that to me are her disciples.....as this is what Gnostics believe about sin.

So, i say to them......"Listen, if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us".
= (you're lying to yourself).

Notice, i said...>"if We say"......but i didnt say it......THEY SAID IT. They told me they have no sin.......i didnt say it......Yet i said..>"if we say""..
See that?
Notice that....
So, when i say "we",...... im talking to them,about them, im NOT talking about myself, even tho i said..."if WE say".
See it?
That is how a PREACHER talks to a room that has people in it, that have an issue believing that they are a sinner, or that sin even exist.

I say "WE" to them, but i dont mean me, i mean THEM..
That is what John is doing,.....in 1 John 1:9

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
The only reason you have fellowship with God, is because Gods BLood has allowed you to be in Spiritual Union with God, as born again.
So, this is the blood of God, that Keeps God at peace with you.
That never changes.......
So.....Your behavior has no effect on the Blood of Jesus which is the Blood Atonement.... .which is the ONLY reason God is in relationship with you.
So, you would have to change the blood of Jesus in some way, to stop God's fellowship with you.
You would have to be God to do that, and you are not.

If you sin, ...that's already taken care of 2000 yrs ago, by the CROSS...... as the sacrifice of Jesus is a "One time eternal sacrifice for all sin".

"all", means "all".

So, the heretical teaching that the devil designed, that is taught which tries to make you believe that you are responsible for your fellowship to God, DENIES the blood of Jesus its credit, and denies the Cross.

Don't do that, and dont listen to anyone who teaches you that lie, and if you are in a cult that taught you that lie, then get out of it.
Fellowship is not relationship. Relationship is not fellowship.

Feb 16, 2017
Fellowship is not relationship. Relationship is not fellowship.
Salvation is God reconciling the person to Himself.
"reconciliation" is both fellowship, relationship.

Look at this verse carefully...

"""" God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not charging their sins unto them"""" 2nd Corinthians 5:17-19

Notice again... Romans 4:8...>"blessed is the born again to who God will not charge their sins to them"..

See that?

So, if God does not charge your sins to you, then your sins cannot break fellowship or relationship, as your sin is not charged against you.
See it?

we are not accepted by God based on how we behave.
We are accepted by God based on the Cross of Christ, reconciling us to God and keeping us reconciled to God ALWAYS.
So, THERE is your fellowship and relationship STARTED, MAINTAINED, and Completed.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
If you have sin, you are not born again.

you read.......John saying...>"if WE say, we have no sin".....
So, you think John is talking about himself.....but you would have to be LSD on Crack to literally believe that an Apostle is a sinner, and has sin.
You would have to be south of sanity to believe that an Apostle, is talking to sinners, and the apostle has sin.

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. 3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our joy complete.
Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. - 1 John 1:1-10.

The above doesn't need any commentary, and refutes your claim.

I think we can see clearly that those who claim to be without sin are deceiving themselves and even worse the truth itself is not in them. So 1 John v8! We all should take what John says here seriously!

The good news is we have been freed from the power of sin and being justified in Christ "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus " (Roms 8:1). So our position is in Christ, Justified and not under condemnation for sin.

But our Father being a good Father will punish His children for their sin (this is not condemnation). This discipline is for our good. As God tells us in Hebrews it produces righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. The Father who love's his child will discipline them.

"In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”

7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." - (Hebrews 12:4-11)

I will leave you with further exhorting and comforting words from John:

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. - (1 John 2:1-2)

Blessings.