Revelation 16:16 and its interpretation.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hakawaka

Jul 1, 2021
Revelation 16:16 Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

That is what the verse says, the context is the vials being poured out, the evil spirits gathered the kings together against God in the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

The reason I made this topic is that im going through the book of Revelation studying it out and I was looking at biblehub commentaries on this verse and to my shock and surprise, hardly anyone interprets this to mean the literal physical location in Judea. Instead they say something like this:

"There the fortunes of dynasties and kingdoms have been decided; there the cause of liberty has triumphed; there kings fought and fell; there Gideon and Barak were victorious; there Ahaziah and Josiah were slain. The old battle-ground becomes the symbol of the decisive struggle. It is raised in meaning: it is a type, not a locality. The war of principles, the war of morals, the war of fashion culminates in an Armageddon. "

Because its the book of Revelation, im not saying this is an impossible interpretation, but since prior to this it talks about the Euphrates river drying to make way for the kings of the east, I find this interpretation more difficult to accept than the one I always had which is that its talking about the actual physical location.

If its not talking about the physical location, how can we ever know if this has been fulfilled or not? Your opinions, what does this verse and the verses surrounding it mean?

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Revelation 16:16 Then the spirits gathered the kings to the place called in Hebrew Har-Megiddo

The spirit of Satan led kings and their armies to battle God at Armageddon.

Hakawaka

Jul 1, 2021
Revelation 16:16 Then the spirits gathered the kings to the place called in Hebrew Har-Megiddo

The spirit of Satan led kings and their armies to battle God at Armageddon.
Thats how I see it as well. Most prophecy is Jerusalem centered in the Bible. I see no reason to not take it as real Jerusalem

Chester

May 23, 2016
Revelation 16:16 Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

That is what the verse says, the context is the vials being poured out, the evil spirits gathered the kings together against God in the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

The reason I made this topic is that im going through the book of Revelation studying it out and I was looking at biblehub commentaries on this verse and to my shock and surprise, hardly anyone interprets this to mean the literal physical location in Judea. Instead they say something like this:

"There the fortunes of dynasties and kingdoms have been decided; there the cause of liberty has triumphed; there kings fought and fell; there Gideon and Barak were victorious; there Ahaziah and Josiah were slain. The old battle-ground becomes the symbol of the decisive struggle. It is raised in meaning: it is a type, not a locality. The war of principles, the war of morals, the war of fashion culminates in an Armageddon. "

Because its the book of Revelation, im not saying this is an impossible interpretation, but since prior to this it talks about the Euphrates river drying to make way for the kings of the east, I find this interpretation more difficult to accept than the one I always had which is that its talking about the actual physical location.

If its not talking about the physical location, how can we ever know if this has been fulfilled or not? Your opinions, what does this verse and the verses surrounding it mean?
It says Armageddon - I think it is the literal place. Yes, it is possible for places to have figurative significance. In Revelation 17,18 the term Babylon seems to me to likely be figurative.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭16:12-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The seven seals opened in heaven at Gods throne determining

and seven trumpets sounded by seven angels in heaven announcing and

then seven vials which are poured out in earth fulfilling

Revelation is actually several shorter visions that often overlap in non linear manners and ways wheras each vision is like another layer of detail of the same prophesied events and not successive events themselves but rather different t perceptions of the same events

It’s a vision of a heavenly cosmic conflict between good and evil and how that conflict is affecting and will affect the earth and people upon it as the war spilled from heaven into earth some of revelation is spiritual happening in heaven other things are the result and physical happening in earth

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Except for a few Chapter, Revelations is a Book of Mystery, and those who believe they can correctly interpret it are doing nothing more than offering an opinion. Not Biblical fact. There is a reason it is called the Book of Mysteries.

As well, a lot of symbolism was used in it's writing, and the true meaning of most of those symbols have long been lost to us. At the time, symbolic language was used between the Church and believers to hide their true message from the Romans who were hunting them down to imprison or kill.

I guess it is fun to try and interpret Revelations, but hardly anyone will get the true meaning of the Scriptures found there IMO

Hakawaka

Jul 1, 2021
Except for a few Chapter, Revelations is a Book of Mystery, and those who believe they can correctly interpret it are doing nothing more than offering an opinion. Not Biblical fact. There is a reason it is called the Book of Mysteries.

As well, a lot of symbolism was used in it's writing, and the true meaning of most of those symbols have long been lost to us. At the time, symbolic language was used between the Church and believers to hide their true message from the Romans who were hunting them down to imprison or kill.

I guess it is fun to try and interpret Revelations, but hardly anyone will get the true meaning of the Scriptures found there IMO
True there are many symbols, BUT it says its a book of REVELATION, its the revelation of Jesus Christ. Not hiding of Jesus Christ. Its supposed to reveal mysteries to us, not hide them.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
True there are many symbols, BUT it says its a book of REVELATION, its the revelation of Jesus Christ. Not hiding of Jesus Christ. Its supposed to reveal mysteries to us, not hide them.
And there are Chapters that do just that, but one has to be very careful to not "add to" or "take away" from what is written there. IMO, there are parts that we will never understand here in this life, and I have seen many who make a mockery of the Scripture contained in Revelation.

As for the "hide" part, that was the intent of the Author. To hide the true meaning of the Scriptures there from the Romans. It is a slippery slope when people assert that they can interpret the Book of Revelations.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
SOME INFO TO HELP THOSE READING REVELATION

(excerpt)

5 approaches to interpreting Revelation
Like all books of the Bible, Revelation was written in a particular time and place to particular people. But it’s also saturated with symbolism and prophecy, which has led to a variety of methods of interpretation. Traditionally, interpreters have approached Revelation in four primary ways. Let’s explore all four, and then introduce a fifth.

Preterist
The preterist approach emphasizes the historical context of Revelation and tries to understand it the way John’s audience would have understood it.

Historicist
Many of Revelation’s events seem to have been fulfilled in the first century. The historicist approach treats Revelation as a map or outline of what has happened or will happen throughout church history from the first century until the return of Christ.

Futurist
The futurist approach considers most of the book related to future events immediately preceding the end of history.

Idealist
The idealist approach doesn’t interpret Revelation in terms of any particular reference to time, but rather relates it to the ongoing struggle between good and evil.

Eclectic
An eclectic approach to reading Revelation attempts to combine the strengths of several of the other approaches:

• Revelation seems to address the first-century Christians directly, so we should read Revelation the same way that we read every other book of the Bible—by taking its historical context seriously.
  • Revelation also presents timeless truths for surviving the struggle between good and evil. The visions of Revelation challenge us to forsake our complacency and stay faithful during times of persecution.
  • Revelation also clearly has something to say about events still to come. Some events it describes await future fulfillment (such as the return of Christ, the great white throne judgment, and the arrival of the holy city).
Principles for reading this prophetic-apocalyptic letter
In addition to these general approaches to Revelation, specific principles can help us faithfully read this prophetic-apocalyptic letter. Here are seven suggestions:

1. Read Revelation with humility.
We should resist “Revelation-made-easy” approaches. Revelation is not easy! If you’re unwilling to live with any uncertainty, you’re more likely to read into Revelation things that are not there. Beware of interpreters who appear to have all the answers to even the small questions. “Experts” who claim absolute knowledge about every detail of Revelation should immediately raise suspicion.

Read Revelation with an open mind: be willing to admit that your interpretation could be wrong and be prepared to change your view if the biblical evidence points in a different direction.

2. Try to discover the message to the original readers.
Discovering the message to the original audience is the top priority with any book of the Bible, but especially with this one. The first Christians were blessed for obeying Revelation (1:3) and the book is described as an unsealed (or open) book, even for people living in John’s day (22:10). When it comes to reading Revelation, the tendency is to ignore the first Christians and jump directly to God’s message for us.

Some people use today’s newspapers as the key to interpreting Revelation. But, as Craig Keener notes in his commentary, this approach doesn’t fit well with a high view of Scripture. The “newspaper” approach assumes that we must be living in the last Christian generation. It also implies that in Revelation God wasn’t really speaking to the very first Christians. Isn’t that arrogant on our part as contemporary interpreters? What if Christ doesn’t return until AD 4000? Would Revelation still have a message for us since we wouldn’t be the last generation?

If our interpretation doesn’t make sense for the original readers, we’ve probably missed the meaning of the passage. Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart remind us of how important it is to discover the message to the original audience: “As with the Epistles, the primary meaning of the Revelation is what John intended it to mean, which in turn must also have been something his readers could have understood it to mean.”

We must understand what Revelation meant in John’s day in order to understand what it means today.

3. Don’t try to discover a strict chronological map of future events.
Revelation doesn’t progress in a neat linear fashion. The book is filled with prophetic, apocalyptic visions designed to make a dramatic impact on the reader, not to present a precise chronological sequence of future events. For example, notice that the sixth seal (6:12–17) takes us to the end of the age.

(here)

7 Tips for Understanding Revelation | Zondervan Academic

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
And there are Chapters that do just that, but one has to be very careful to not "add to" or "take away" from what is written there. IMO, there are parts that we will never understand here in this life, and I have seen many who make a mockery of the Scripture contained in Revelation.

As for the "hide" part, that was the intent of the Author. To hide the true meaning of the Scriptures there from the Romans. It is a slippery slope when people assert that they can interpret the Book of Revelations.
It’s based on Old Testament prophecy about Jesus and the kingdom of God

all the law and prophets foretold it in symbols and shadows in the Old Testament there is a high priest dressed like Jesus in revelation in the inner room there is a lamb slain for atonement of sin and there is A king of all creation at Gods right hand in heaven these are themes from the ot prophets revealed in revelation

a revelation corresponds with Old Testament prophecy regarding Gods plan for a new creation and the end of this one

Hakawaka

Jul 1, 2021
It’s based on Old Testament prophecy about Jesus and the kingdom of God

all the law and prophets foretold it in symbols and shadows in the Old Testament there is a high priest dressed like Jesus in revelation in the inner room there is a lamb slain for atonement of sin and there is A king of all creation at Gods right hand in heaven these are themes from the ot prophets revealed in revelation

a revelation corresponds with Old Testament prophecy regarding Gods plan for a new creation and the end of this one
Waiting on your commentary, verse by verse on Revelation chapters 8-21.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Waiting on your commentary, verse by verse on Revelation chapters 8-21.
You’ll probably be waiting for quite awhile no one’s asked for any commentary and 13 chapters worth lol ? Would you instead like a good example of my position that revelations is based on what the prophets and law said of Christ and his kingdom ? I’d be willing to do a chapter and then later on do another if your actually interested in what I’m saying

about I’m not going to comment on thirteen chapters not did i offer this , I’m only offering a valid point

The prophets were always foretelling the time of the gospel of Christ Jesus and the kingdom

“Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; and he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. ( this is partially the subject matter of revelation )

…Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:19-21, 24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

my point is for instance there is a vision in chapter 12 where we see a woman who is expecting a man child who will rule all of creation with a rod of iron and this man child is taken up to God to his throne in heaven

“And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: and she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:1-2, 5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what this vision consists of is Old Testament prophecy about Israel’s promised messiah the son of man who would sit at Gods right hand until all creation was brought under his rule or destroyed.

In the ot prophets there are themes for instance israel eho is identified on Joseph’s dream in genesis before they went into captivity as the sun moon and twelve stars , was promised repeatedly that a son ( a male child ) would be born of a virgin in Israel and God thier savior would come to them in the form of a man child , who would be the king of Gods eternal kingdom

Israel the woman was expecting a male child to be born and become the chosen king and be seated at the right hand of God where he would rule the nations with a rod of iron

“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:6-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, And the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, When his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭2:6-9, 12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

My point is these prophecies and psalms create a vision of what’s going to come later this male child would be born and then we see then happen in the gospel

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. …The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭110:1, 4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.”

…For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Until I make thy foes thy footstool. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:34-36‬ ‭

‭‭do you notice how the vision revealing Jesus is sort of condensing all these narratives of what would happen into a vision ?

how the vision in chapter twelve is revealing the prophecies about Jesus were true and he had now been seated in heaven as they said he would ? And as the book moves on you see this conflict in heaven settled and it moves to earth Satan turns his war against the people who believe in and follow Jesus and then you see other visions beginning to explain other parts of prophecy how the fourth beast in Daniel would make war on the earth and trample it down to pieces ect

hearing the things God said would happen in the law and prophets fits perfectly in the same manner where as we read prophecy knowing “ Israel was promised a messiah a son that was born a man he would overcome stand attempt to destroy him on earth and then be caught up to Gods throne to rule with his rod of iron

This reveals to us and assures us that Jesus is indeed the one the word of God promised d so then we can trust he will return as the word also promises there’s prophecy of what already happened d what’s coming later on in revelation and the law and prophets as well even to the end of the world and appearance of the new for instance

“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭65:17-18‬ ‭

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The more one study and let the prophets say what they say about Christ and the gospel the more we’re going to understand the revelation of Jesus Christ and I would also say his kingdom the new heaven and earth revealed in the end of the book after the battle of good and evil is ended by the lords return

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Especially going from asking about a single verse to thirteen chapters of commentary , like skipping gears 2-99
You better quit messaging me and get busy. BTW...I'm looking forward to it too. Hurry up.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021

God warns the saints of the new age movement(1 Timothy 4:1-5) which their beliefs, and reality, is of the occult and evolution, and people will evolve to be spiritual, and there is no personal God.

The time will come that people will not want to hear the Bible according to the truth, but want to hear it according to their own lusts, and be turned on to fables(2 Timothy 4:2-4).

Which they interpret all religions that way but the Bible is the main book they want people to believe their interpretation.

The New Age Christ will negotiate peace in the Middle East resulting in a peace treaty, and he will push the agenda of the new age movement which he will think to change times and laws, and things will change drastically.

It is the new age movement that causes the world to rebel against God all nations governments supporting the New Age Christ which he has power over all nations, kindreds, and tongues, and God fights the world and defeats them.

This is the battle of Armageddon which is an actual place and it is when the world attacks Jerusalem, Hebrews, and Jesus comes back with all the saints and saves Israel, and defeats the world, and the kingdom on earth is restored to Israel.

God will get His people off the earth and then pour His wrath upon the earth which the battle of Armageddon is part of it.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

God will restore the kingdom on earth back to Israel which they will not see Jesus until they acknowledge Him as their Messiah.

Eze 39:21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
Eze 39:22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
Eze 39:23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
Eze 39:24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.

Eze 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
Eze 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
Eze 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
Eze 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

God will bring the house of Israel, all 12 tribes, back to Israel, and leave none of them in the nations, and they shall know the LORD their God from that time forward, and He will never hide His face from them again.

Which Israel as a nation will be in the truth and never turn from it.

So this is a future event for Israel is not in the truth as a nation.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

And Israel as a nation has to be in the truth which they have 70 weeks which is 490 years which 69 weeks have passed with 1 week to go which is the last 7 years and then God will end sin on earth.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Jer 46:27 But fear not thou, O my servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
Jer 46:28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.

Israel is blinded in part until salvation is no longer available to the Gentiles, and so all Israel shall be saved, and all Gentile governments shall cease.

When there is a peace treaty in the Middle East then it will be the last 7 years, and the nations governments will be together for a one world government.

It will pave the way for all Hebrews to go to Israel for the Gentile nations will make it happen, and the New Age Christ wants them all back on their land, but God means it for good towards the Hebrews.

For the first three and one half years salvation is still available to the world, and in the middle of the week when the New Age Christ claims to be God and they take the mark of the beast then salvation is no longer available to the world, and the fulness of the Gentiles have come in.

God will then send Israel 2 witnesses to turn them to the truth that Jesus is their Messiah and at the end of that time Israel as a nation will be in the truth fulfilling the 70 weeks.

The saints will be off the earth and the wrath of God will be poured on earth.

The battle of Armageddon will happen.

Continued in next post

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
Continued from above post

Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Zec 12:2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
Zec 12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

The whole world will attack Jerusalem, Hebrews, as it is their final step to rid all people that oppose them, but God will stop them.

Joe 3:1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
Joe 3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Joe 3:4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;

Joe 3:9 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:
Joe 3:10 Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
Joe 3:11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.
Joe 3:12 Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.
Joe 3:13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.
Joe 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
Joe 3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
Joe 3:16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

God will gather all nations together to go against Israel and defeat them and save Israel.

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah:

and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Jesus will take His people off the earth and then come back and defeat the world and save Israel.

Because of the peace treaty the Palestinians got half of Jerusalem which the world ran over to get to the Hebrews but when they got to them they were stopped by Jesus.

The mountain split so the Hebrews could run in to the crack to shield them from the plague that Jesus gave them.

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Zec 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

Eze 39:2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:
Eze 39:4 Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.

God will leave a 6th of the world and they have to go up year after year to Jerusalem to worship the LORD.

Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Why would people think it is not an actual place when God gathers them in to one place, and it is part of the wrath of God that is on earth.

Also it states all the world will be gathered against Jerusalem, Israel, and when has that ever happened before which could not happen until the time of technology for the world has to be able to communicate with each other to be able to come to one mind to do this.

The battle of Armageddon is a physical place and it is in the future.