Put My Mind At Ease (Centering Prayer)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeavenUp

Sep 20, 2017
Going to sit down with a candle put my mind at ease
Set aside the people I’ve been trying to please
Open my heart to the Spirit where only God can see

Close my eyes and let go say my sacred word
Thoughts are slipping by me my mind is not disturbed
The Spirit is coming to me on that I am assured

Put down all my worries step away today
Move to peaceful silence I need to get away
Connecting to the Spirit the Spirit knows the way

Thoughts come up just let them go is all you need to know
Return to God with the Sacred word back to God you go
Say yes to the Holy Spirit like a peaceful breeze it blows

Going to sit down with a candle put my mind at ease
Slip into Gods garden the flowers and the trees
The joy of the Spirit God’s grace is always free

HeavenUp

Sep 20, 2017
Just FYI i wrote this patterned after a country song - think Merle Haggard "Kern River Blues"

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
This is BEAUTIFUL and I can totally hear it as a country song. WOW, you have quite a gift of writing lyrics.
Do you play an instrument? Keep writing, this is great!!

HeavenUp

Sep 20, 2017
Thank you for that wonderful compliment! I think that's what we all hope for on this site. I don't play an instrument but I would like to find someone to co-write with.