Predestined = A PLAN chosen with a PATH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
God predestined/elected/choose a "PLAN" of salvation, before creation & time began. Before any sin was ever committed. The "PATH" God choose/elected/predestined unto redemption. Is the FINISHED sin redemptive work of Jesus the Christ. Found in the death (sins wage paid in full) & resurrection (Gods receipt, payment received & accepted). And is applicable only to those that confess Jesus as Lord & believe God raised Jesus from the dead.

1 Pet 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
(NOTE: Who = Christ, read vs 19 for context. Before the creation of our world. Before any sin was ever committed. Christ was chosen/elected/foreordained. If it became necessary, to implement & execute God's PLAN for redemption)

Eph 1
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who ""hath blessed us"" with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places ""in Christ""
(NOTE: Eph is written to believers see Ehp 1:1. Vs 3; God, thru Christ has blessed us: US? = believers that are ""in Christ"". In Christ, is a positional statement applicable only to the believer)

4 According as he hath "chosen us in him before the foundation of the world"
NOTE: Reread 1 Pet 1:20. Vs 4, Before the foundation of the world, God, foreordained/elected/CHOOSE US = believers, that thru faith are positioned "in Christ")

5 Having "predestinated us unto the adoption" of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will
(NOTE: Who has God "predestinated us unto the adoption"? Everyone? No, Paul is writing to believers only)

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
(NOTE: Once Christ FINISHED making sin's redemptive payment. Everyone, at some point, will be drawn/offered redemption via the Holy Spirit. And will be faced with making a choice. Believe & trust or reject God's offer)

The Predestined-Chosen-Elect are those who accept God's PLAN by faith & follow it's PATH.

The FAITH choice is made by the individual. Faith in Christ is a personal choice (offered to everyone) & is NEVER forced

WHOEVER BELIEVES

Matthew 10:32 Jesus said; Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
(NOTE: Jesus says; Whoever WILL CONFESS me before man)

John:3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
(NOTE: Whoever trust's God & BELIEVES in Jesus sin payment & resurrection)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(NOTE: Whoever BELIEVES in the Son)

John 11:26 Jesus said; whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
(NOTE: Whoever BELIEVES)

Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
(NOTE: Whoever trust's God & BELIEVES in Jesus sin payment & resurrection. Shall not be ashamed)

Ephesians 2:
8 By grace are ye saved through faith not of yourselves it is the "gift" of God
(NOTE: Salvation comes thru God's gracious gift = sending Jesus. And thru faith placed in the Lords sin payment & resurrection)

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
(NOTE: We access God's grace by FAITH/TRUST/BELIEF in Jesus sin payment & resurrection)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Not sure your thought process there.........first part appears to be supporting predestination against free will, second part appears to be supporting free will against predestination........

:)

One part that bothers me somewhat is:

(NOTE: Who = Christ, read vs 19 for context. Before the creation of our world. Before any sin was ever committed. Christ was chosen/elected/foreordained. If it became necessary, to implement & execute God's PLAN for redemption)

Jesus is God!

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Not sure your thought process there.........first part appears to be supporting predestination against free will, second part appears to be supporting free will against predestination........

:)

One part that bothers me somewhat is:

Jesus is God!
The heading explains my position.

Predestined = A PLAN chosen with a PATH.

King James Bible Dictionary: predestine """""To decree beforehand; to foreordain""""".

Did you read the verses that bother you. I was applying my note to? You posted my note without them.

1 Pet 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

I'll try again here with additional context:

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
(NOTE: Vs 18: believers aren't REDEEMED via gold or silver. Vs 19: they are REDEEMED by the redemptive sin atoning payment. Made with the precious blood of Christ.

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
(NOTE: VS 19, OT sacrificial system: A lamb without blemish was killed/sacrificed & it's blood covered sin. Even those sins weren't taken away/washed away until Christ sheds his sinless GOD BLOOD making the ultimate atonement/sacrifice for sin)

20 """""Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world""""", but was manifest in these last times for you,
(NOTE: Vs 20: """""Who truly was foreordained before the foundation of the world""""" (Adam hasn't sinned yet) Before our world was formed & any sin was committed. God made a decree, foreordaining Christ to implement & execute God's PLAN for redemption, if man fell.