Pope Francis speaking in Singapore

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
ROME — Pope Francis told young people in Singapore on Friday that all religions are paths to God, an affirmation that seems to counter the Christian belief in Jesus Christ as the sole savior of humanity.

Pope Francis told young people in Singapore that being ‘Sikh, Muslim, Hindu, Christian’ are just ‘different paths,’ as ‘every religion is a way’ to God."

SINGAPORE (LifeSiteNews) — Pope Francis today told young people of different faiths that “every religion is a way to arrive at God.”

I took this story from several news sites.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
John 14:6, "“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

Acts 4:12, "There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”‌

Seems the Pope has no fear of the Lord!

Feb 17, 2023
John 14:6, "“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

Acts 4:12, "There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”‌

Seems the Pope has no fear of the Lord!

Yeah. I'm looking at him as the possible false prophet mentioned in Revelation.

🛰️

Feb 17, 2023
ROME — Pope Francis told young people in Singapore on Friday that all religions are paths to God, an affirmation that seems to counter the Christian belief in Jesus Christ as the sole savior of humanity.

Pope Francis told young people in Singapore that being ‘Sikh, Muslim, Hindu, Christian’ are just ‘different paths,’ as ‘every religion is a way’ to God."

SINGAPORE (LifeSiteNews) — Pope Francis today told young people of different faiths that “every religion is a way to arrive at God.”

Well, he's wrong, unless he doesn't want to get his beliefs from the Bible (John 14:6), which says that Jesus is the only way to the Father.

Feb 17, 2023
------------------------------------

Too old---87 years old

Yeah, if he dies before the great tribulation, we know pretty much whoever his successor is, they will say the same thing. I really think whoever the Pope is going to be, at the time when the antichrist is revealed, is the False Prophet.

🛰️

Sep 14, 2024
The catholic church looks like it's being used to try and take over the world. A way to try and get dominion, power and authority over the world. Think about it this way, if all the religions call the pope their united leader, then who ever is running the pope could have all that dominion, power and authority in the earth.

Sep 14, 2024
Doctor Pat Holliday told me the anti-christ will be gay, having never known a woman.

Feb 17, 2023
Doctor Pat Holliday told me the anti-christ will be gay, having never known a woman.
The Bible says:

Daniel 11:37 He will show no regard for the gods of his ancestors or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all.

It talks about the god or whatever it is the is desired by women. So I'm not sure if this means that the antichrist is gay.

To me, "the one desire by women" is power of men. So I think he won't empower women the way the progressives are hoping.

*Shrug* It's just a guess though! 🤷

🛰️

Aug 3, 2018
Daniel 11:37 He will show no regard for the gods of his ancestors or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all.

It talks about the god or whatever it is the is desired by women. So I'm not sure if this means that the antichrist is gay.
Right. I do not believe that is its intended meaning.

I think Jack Kelley expresses it most succinctly, in the following statement (there's a bit more at the link), where he says,

"I believe “the one who is desired by women” is a reference to the Lord. Traditionally it was every Jewish woman’s desire to be chosen to give birth to Israel’s Messiah."

-- The Desire Of Women – Grace thru faith [bold and underline mine]

This seems to "fit" the context best.

He will not regard... "any god"... for he will exalt himself above all.

Throwing a comment in the middle of all of that, that has nothing to do with that kind of LIST, indeed seems rather "out of place".

Sep 14, 2024
It's in the book of Daniel? I have not been reading the bible for long time. I did not cover the entire old testiment.

Oct 24, 2012

To me: I see all paths lead to a one way path, the bridge of Jesus unto salvation given us. /As Father takes all into account and uses it all to bring us each to see the only narrow path into heaven with Father and Son through son's done work for them on that cross, to cross over with him in believe to he is risen for them each personally. Died once (Hebrews 10:10) for everyone to come to see this truth, as flesh is still at war against truth, warring and fighting in flesh words against or for those that see as they see or at least say they do.
God's true Church, God built is the one I see to attend, not man made buildings.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

I wonder why anyone expects a non-Christian to make true statements about Christianity. ;)

CS1

May 23, 2012

then the Pope should not mind when they give their money those beliefs over RCC

CS1

May 23, 2012
To me: I see all paths lead to a one way path, the bridge of Jesus unto salvation given us. /As Father takes all into account and uses it all to bring us each to see the only narrow path into heaven with Father and Son through son's done work for them on that cross, to cross over with him in believe to he is risen for them each personally. Died once (Hebrews 10:10) for everyone to come to see this truth, as flesh is still at war against truth, warring and fighting in flesh words against or for those that see as they see or at least say they do.
God's true Church, God built is the one I see to attend, not man made buildings.

It is clear that the False Prophet mentioned in Revelation will come out of the RCC. Islam never followed Christ, so they are just deceived, but the RCC has betrayed the faith. Which is the Apostate and the calling card for the last day's FALSE PROPHET.

Aug 23, 2024
Oct 24, 2012
It is clear that the False Prophet mentioned in Revelation will come out of the RCC. Islam never followed Christ, so they are just deceived, but the RCC has betrayed the faith. Which is the Apostate and the calling card for the last day's FALSE PROPHET.
Might be, who really knows. Those in Christ's day, did not believe he was the Messiah and had got him put to death, ?To thier surprise in Col 2, We the people do think we know and guess and predict and see later how deeply we do not know, yet man continues to try to live in the future in his own predictions of things.
However, Son is coming back and the Anti-christ first as if the Christ that is true, if not here yet
Satan and his angels present themselves as angels of light

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Might be, who really knows. Those in Christ's day, did not believe he was the Messiah and had got him put to death, ?To thier surprise in Col 2, We the people do think we know and guess and predict and see later how deeply we do not know, yet man continues to try to live in the future in his own predictions of things.
However, Son is coming back and the Anti-christ first as if the Christ that is true, if not here yet
Satan and his angels present themselves as angels of light
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Possible the false prophet as he is called will be the High Priest of israel as it was in the days of Jesus

Oct 24, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Possible the false prophet as he is called will be the High Priest of israel as it was in the days of Jesus
So many possibilities as I see to be wise and remain humble in all possibilities. To know in God, I am safe especially whenever it seems as it is not safe. Willing to learn from all things
Contentment comes from remaining willing, the same as Jesus did all the way to the cross for us all, those that did not understand it until risen and he then explained all of it to the disciples, then left. Ten days later Father in the Holy Spirit came and Pentecost became reality. That evil has been trying to cover it up ever since in distractions of the truth of Son as risen for them to trust in Father through his being risen no matter what troubles happen to them in this I am in process learning, how God just moves us all and continues in this love and mercy given us by Son for us, me at least