Not supporting any of the presidential candidates

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bruce_Leiter

Feb 17, 2023
Some of us on here are being accused of either supporting Harris or Trump. Even though we don’t support any of them. Seems like it’s outside the very limited framework of cognitive capabilities some people display here to get that.

I don’t support any of them so stop trying to be funny saying I am.

Rant over
Why would anyone say you supported one candidate, when you don't? It makes no sense. You might check out the debate tonight. It should be somewhat interesting. It's at 9 PM ET for an hour and a half between Trump and Harris.

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
I think Trump is one of the antichrist mentioned in the bible at end times, and the Maga that support him are delusional because they love a lie.
think of what Trump has done. Has made Christianity a joke. He literally paved the way for "and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake." A time of persecution is sure to follow.
That's probably among the main reasons why I cannot in good conscience give my vote to Donald Trump. Not only is he a very, very immoral person, but the way in which his campaign is so closely interwoven with evangelical Christianity has severely damaged the public perception of our faith.

The Christian Trump supporters who turn a blind eye (or even make excuses for) Trump's hedonistic lifestyle, while also going around condemning others for their sins, make us all look like hypocrites. Christianity in the US has now declined to the point where there are more "nones" (people with no religion) than white evangelical Christians.

Trump didn't start that trend, but he sure did further it.

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
Oh, and Trump did NOT "make millions" in office
Actually he did. Foreign governments frequented his hotels when they visited the US while he was in office. The Chinese government spent $8 million alone.

Trump should have done what every other President did upon taking office and divest himself from his businesses.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Actually he did. Foreign governments frequented his hotels when they visited the US while he was in office. The Chinese government spent $8 million alone.

Trump should have done what every other President did upon taking office and divest himself from his businesses.
Where are you on the Bidens' millions that they have received from Ukraine and China? You ok with that?

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
Wikipedia is a liberal site and hardly a place to find "facts". An unbiased, or at least a less biased site I would look at. Wiki is simply opinion.
So rather than worry about the source, let's take a look at what they actually point to as examples of Trump's lies.

Of course the biggest one is the "big lie" that the 2020 election was stolen, something that not a single one of his lawyers or reps could prove in any court of law.

One of the ones that stood out to me was how in 2016 Trump said he had a national health care plan that would cover everyone, cost less, and provide better care, but he said he wouldn't say what the plan was unless he was elected. Well, he was elected but in the ensuing 4 years no plan was ever produced. Obviously he was lying.

Now, on to the examples from the Wiki article.

In his farewell speech in 2020, he said he passed the Veterans Choice Act, which was actually signed into law during Obama's term.

In that same speech he said his tax cuts were the biggest in history. They weren't even close.

In the speech he repeated his lie that China pays tariff costs.

Shall we continue?

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
Where are you on the Bidens' millions that they have received from Ukraine and China? You ok with that?
No. If it was wrong of Trump and his family to take money and favors from foreign governments while he was in office, it's wrong when anyone else does it too.

So to be clear, we agree that foreign governments spending money at Trump's hotels while he was in office and still owned the hotels (and thereby pocketed the profits) was unethical, correct?

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
No. If it was wrong of Trump and his family to take money and favors from foreign governments while he was in office, it's wrong when anyone else does it too.

So to be clear, we agree that foreign governments spending money at Trump's hotels while he was in office and still owned the hotels (and thereby pocketed the profits) was unethical, correct?
I'm not sure I do agree.... that hotel is apparently THE hotel to hold meetings at.... extremely luxurious. Would you tell the visiting leaders of the UAE to go stay at a Holiday Inn?
The way I understand it, Trump backed away from the operations, and his sons ran the businesses while he was in office. Did you expect him to sell off his hotels simply because he was president?

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
I'm not sure I do agree.... that hotel is apparently THE hotel to hold meetings at.... extremely luxurious. Would you tell the visiting leaders of the UAE to go stay at a Holiday Inn?
The way I understand it, Trump backed away from the operations, and his sons ran the businesses while he was in office. Did you expect him to sell off his hotels simply because he was president?
See, this is the problem. You condemn the Biden family for making money in foreign countries, but make excuses for the Trump family doing the exact same thing.

FYI, there are lots of luxury hotels in the DC area, and from the reports I read the foreign governments didn't stay at Trump's places before he was President and they stopped staying in them after he lost. And btw, Trump actually bragged about getting that money from China while he was President, saying "I don't get $8 million for doing nothing" (comparing himself to Hunter B.).

Do you know the details of Jared Kushner's multi-billion dollar deal with the Saudis after he left the WH? Do you know the details of Ivanka getting Chinese trademarks/copyrights during Trump's term?

If you only agree that a family making money from foreign governments while one of them is President is wrong if it's anyone but Trump, then you may want to think and pray on it.

Aug 23, 2024
Matthew 12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Likewise, a corrupt person cannot "drain the swamp". He will make it bigger, and he has

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
What about the ones who demonize everyone who doesn't agree with them? What's your take on those folks?
My take on those folks is that they are the rabid Leftists and Democrats who have nothing to offer the country other than promoting hatred against ordinary, law-abiding, decent citizens who are conservative, Christian, and/or Republican. They are the ones demonizing people.

That still means that every citizen has a legal and moral duty to vote for the best possible candidate who aims to make America great again. Not for a Communist who goal is to destroy America totally and establish a totalitarian regime like that of the Soviet Union.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Matthew 12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Likewise, a corrupt person cannot "drain the swamp". He will make it bigger, and he has
Does this comparison illustrate Trump supporting the swamp or the swamp supporting Trump? Just trying to clarify the point. Are Trump's supporters the actual sponges and his opponents the drained ground?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It's quite simple. Total votes are counted to establish who won and who lost.
Someone said that their vote makes no difference since the electoral college makes the final decision. But that is not true. The National Archives describes the process and shows that your vote does count:

What happens in the general election? Why should I vote?
The general election is held every four years on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November. When you vote for a Presidential candidate you are actually voting for your candidate's preferred electors. Learn more about voting for the electors.

Most States have a “winner-take-all” system that awards all electors to the Presidential candidate who wins the State's popular vote. However, Maine and Nebraska each have a variation of “proportional representation.” Read more about the allocation of electors among the States.

What happens after the general election?
After the general election, your State's Executive prepares a Certificate of Ascertainment listing the names of all the individuals on the slates for each candidate. The Certificate of Ascertainment also lists the number of votes each individual received and shows which individuals were appointed as your State's electors. Your State’s Certificate of Ascertainment is sent to NARA as part of the official records of the Presidential election.

The meeting of the electors takes place on the first Tuesday after the second Wednesday in December after the general election. The electors meet in their respective States, where they cast their votes for President and Vice President on separate ballots. Your State’s electors’ votes are recorded on a Certificate of Vote, which is prepared at the meeting by the electors. Your State’s Certificate of Vote is sent to Congress, where the votes are counted, and to NARA, as part of the official records of the Presidential election.

What is the Electoral College? | National Archives

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Does this comparison illustrate Trump supporting the swamp or the swamp supporting Trump? Just trying to clarify the point. Are Trump's supporters the actual sponges and his opponents the drained ground?
"Sponges"? Why do you insult people to make an irrelevant point? Does God expect you to do your duty as a citizen, and one who is privileged to vote?

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
"Sponges"? Why do you insult people to make an irrelevant point? Does God expect you to do your duty as a citizen, and one who is privileged to vote?
I was simply trying to follow the argument of the poster that I quoted to its logically conclusion. It seems that you suppose me to be wrong in characterizing anything considered to be a swamp as something which behaves in anyway similar to a sponge?

Aug 23, 2024
The people in the government have always skimmed off the top. Trump, however, didn't just skim. He outright stole. This is similar to what happened with Nixon, but Trump didn't have the integrity to resign. Do you think that his allies who asked for pardons are not guilty of similar crimes? Does the saying not go, "Birds of a feather flock together?"