No purpose...losing hope

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

matmat

Not sure why I'm here...on this site, or on Earth. I have been saved since I was 11 and have received many blessings from God but, I am struggling right now. I am 50 years old, divorced after 22 years, no formal education, no career...and am in a relationship that causes me to question God's plan for me. I can't even share with anyone the amount of pain I have, the utter dispair and the loss of hope. I can't share any of it because of the guilt and shame I feel...I mean who am I to feel this way when I am healthy, have a roof over my head and food on the table? I don't know who I am anymore. I'm rambling. I guess I am hoping someone will tell me to quit whining.

M

MadParrotWoman

Hi Matt, welcome to CC. My advice is to pay your doctor a visit, sounds like depression. God bless you brother.

Dec 19, 2009
Not sure why I'm here...on this site, or on Earth. I have been saved since I was 11 and have received many blessings from God but, I am struggling right now. I am 50 years old, divorced after 22 years, no formal education, no career...and am in a relationship that causes me to question God's plan for me. I can't even share with anyone the amount of pain I have, the utter dispair and the loss of hope. I can't share any of it because of the guilt and shame I feel...I mean who am I to feel this way when I am healthy, have a roof over my head and food on the table? I don't know who I am anymore. I'm rambling. I guess I am hoping someone will tell me to quit whining.
I suffered depression in my twenties. I found it helpful to get professional help. My church helps a lot in keeping my spirits up. One key thing is doing the best I can to keep the Lord's commandments. If we repent of our sin, the Lord forgives. It is helpful to be in constant prayer, as the Paul taught us (1 Thess 5:17). I hope this helps.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I'm So sorry your in pain. Whenever any member of Jesus' body is hurting we all are. I'm not going to tell you you are whining. Your pain is real. I have had pain and despair that I was/am unable to fully explain. It is from different reasons than you, but the pain, guilt and shame is the same. I can only tell you that it WILL get better. Even now I am just starting to understand just how true this verse is[h=1]Romans 8:28New King James Version (NKJV)[/h]28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

You are loved and valuable. Dear Lord, please give Your peace and Love to Matmat, let her feel Your presence and let Your Grace envelope her. In Jesus Holy sweet name I pray. Amen

oyster67

May 24, 2014
You always will have one who completely understands you, perfectly loves you, and wants to bring you under His wing. This fact is very real, but Satan throws so many fiery darts of distraction. Find a place where you can get alone with Him. He wants to be with you and speak to you in His small quiet voice and give you the peace you need so much in this hour of distress and pain.

Sep 13, 2015
My heart really goes out to you. I'm not always good with the words but I can offer you prayers and a cyber hug <3
tumblr_muopn3G0171qc4uvwo1_250.gif

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
Welcome to CC matmat. I think I have been in a similar situation. Another woman after a divorce will twist you up in so many knots, knowing it is wrong and not wanting to hurt the new companion. I was able to convince my new companion that it was wrong, Christianwise, and we separated to allow each other to follow our own paths. I may be reading you wrong, and if so I apologize, but any deviation from the Christian way will make one of God's children feel ashamed. Don't feel so ashamed that you can not pray to our Father. He may punish us, as we deserve, and he knows the punishment of shame too. Prayer tells Him that we want to go back to Him.

I think that if you have been feeling bad about a sin you may now be doing, then you are still in the family. You must be willing, in some way, to rid yourself of the continual commission of that sin, however. I have found John's battle with occasional sin to be of help in understanding where I stood, in Gods sight. Romans 7:7-25.