Mark 13:13 biblestudy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 17, 2023
13. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Stop and thank here; Who was handed over? Those that took a stand against the Antichrist, Satan. What did they do? They allowed The Holy Spirit to speak through them. That could only be a Christ man a christian that is walking with God because he will wait for the Holy Spirit to speak through Him.

Revelation 2&3 the 7 churches. 7 in the bible meaning spiritual completeness. The 7 churches represent the churches of today; and only 2 of them did God not find fault with. That meaning what they taught. They are The church of Smyrna and The church of Philadelphia.

I am going to do something different here; I use the A.V. 1611 KJB but I am going to also add 2 of the other translations.

Revelation 2:8

New Living Translation

“To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

Amplified Bible

“To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

Revelation KJV

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

What church are we talking about here? The church of Smyrna. The angel is speaking who's words here? The words of Jesus. I thank we had better sharpen our ears and hear what He has to say.

Revelation 2:9

New living translation

“I know about your suffering and your poverty—but you are rich! I know the blasphemy of those opposing you. They say they are Jews, but they are not, because their synagogue belongs to Satan.

Amplified Bible

‘I know your suffering and your poverty (but you are rich), and how you are blasphemed and slandered by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan [they are Jews only by blood, and do not believe and truly

honor the God whom they claim to worship].

King James

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Remember these are the words of Jesus spoken by the angle to John. Jesus knows your works, He knows your tribulation (#2347 Strong's concordance:affliction, anguish, burdened, persecution,and trouble.) and poverty in the eyes of the world but you are truly RICH, because Jesus know your works. He knows the lies and false words and teachings of the Jews( for us today the teaching of Christians) but they really belong to the church of Satan. We will come back to that later.

Revelation 10

New Living Translation

Don’t be afraid of what you are about to suffer. The devil will throw some of you into prison to test you. You will suffer for ten days. But if you remain faithful even when facing death, I will give you the crown of life.

Amplified Bible

Fear nothing that you are about to suffer. Be aware that the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested [in your faith], and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful to the point of death [if you must die for your faith], and I will give you the crown [consisting] of life.

King James Version

Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Look at Jesus promise here: Tribulation no more than 10 days and remember what Jesus said in Luke 21.18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish. Does any of that sound like you are going to be killed. Even if you were just thank where would you end up. In Paradise with a crown of life.

Revelation 2:11

New Living Translation

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Amplified Bible

He who has an ear, let him hear and heed what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes [the world through believing that Jesus is the Son of God] will not be hurt by the second death (the lake of fire).

King James

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

I hope you have an ear to hear with; I hope you begin to see that Jesus has work for us to do right up to the time He puts His foot on the Mt of Olives.

We find the only other church that Jesus found no fault with in Revelation 3.

Message to the Church in Philadelphia

7And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

Again the angle is carrying the message of Jesus to John so that he my reveal it to us. The key of David will open doors open understanding that no man can take away from us. It also keeps the same doors locked so that those that are not worthy, those that do not want to follow the teachings of the church of Philadelphia and the church of Smyrna locked.

8. I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

I have made a way for you that no man can take away. I know that you have become tired of fighting the battle day in and out with those that do not want to obey my word you have kept up the good fight and have not denied my name, by changing the words of of this love letter “The Bible” My Father has given you.

9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Revelation 3:21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. What a blessing and all we have to do is be smart enough to ask God to teach us to pick the right fruit.

11Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

I come quickly: remember that one day with God is as a thousand years with man. With that said it has not even been 3 days sense Jesus was hung on the cross. So yes in His time frame He will come quickly. So do not let some man take that away from you with some false fly away doctrine.

12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

To him that is not taken in by the false teaching of man that is.

2 Corinthians 11: 12But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. 13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

If as Jesus says the New Jerusalem, is coming down from Heaven from God why wold you want to go anywhere. Why would you not want to wait for for Jesus here on earth.

13He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

I hope you have that ear to hear with.

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
If as Jesus says the New Jerusalem, is coming down from Heaven from God why wold you want to go anywhere. Why would you not want to wait for for Jesus here on earth.
I prefer to meet Him (Jesus) in the air.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Doesn't this sound much better ↓

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1Th 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Revelation 2&3 the 7 churches. 7 in the bible meaning spiritual completeness. The 7 churches represent the churches of today;
With respect, the thread title says "biblestudy" (sic). Your statements (bolded) are not in the Bible, but are the opinions of men. Which, exactly, are you intending to study?

Clayman

May 30, 2021
Well, my understanding is this, the first heavens and earth will be done away with, and a new beginning will ensue with a brand new heaven and a new earth, then the New Jerusalem will descend down to earth, so those not already in the city are those who are in the lake of fire.

Mar 17, 2023
Zechariah 14
1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: 7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Not my words

Mar 17, 2023
I prefer to meet Him (Jesus) in the air.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Doesn't this sound much better ↓

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1Th 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Mar 17, 2023
You have to back to verse 13 to pick up the subject that Paul is talking about.

1st Thessalonians 4

Verse 13. But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

I would not have you Ignorant:

Ignorant Definition from Webster Dictionary

a

: destitute of knowledge or education

an ignorant society

also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified

parents ignorant of modern mathematics

b

: resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence

ignorant errors

: UNAWARE, UNINFORMED)

Of those that are asleep:

Strong's Greek 2837: From keimai; to put to sleep, i.e. to slumber; figuratively, to decease.

That ye sorrow not: that you do not grieve as others who have no hope. That does not say that we should not miss or grieve for loved ones that have gone on to be with the Lord; but we should not be at the point of despair, etc.

Verse 14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Just as Jesus died and rose so also all those after Him. When a loved one or anyone dies there soul the spirit body returns to God who gave it there flesh body returns to the dust from which it came.

Ecclesiastes 12:6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Genesis 3:19

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Verse 15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

There is no way that we are going to stop those who have died from going to be with the Lord; this is why we are to comfort one another with these words and not sorrow as those that have no hope.

1. Verse16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:​

And with the trump of God. There are 7 trumps we are going to get into 1st Corinthians 15 and you will find out there that this is the 7th trump the very last trump and this is when we that are here on the planet earth will be changed into spiritual bodies and taken to the Mt. Of Olives to be with Jesus as He returns just as it was stated in Acts 1.

More to follow

Mar 17, 2023
Who are the the dead in Christ? It is those that have only a mortal soul. Mortal soul is one that is libel to die. They have never been truly born again and served by Jesus.

1st Corinthians 15

The Resurrection Body

35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. 40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Where O Death is Your Victory?

(Isaiah 57:1-2)

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Remember these are not my words but the words of Paul inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Lets pick it back up in 1st Thessalonians

Verse 17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This verse can be a little tricky.

We who are alive and remain till the 7th trump as stated in 1st Corinthians 15 will be changed into an immortal (cannot die) or mortal(libel to die) soul and given a spirit body because flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God. We will be taken to the Mt,. Of Olives where Jesus will return Just as He was taken; Acts 1:verses 9And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

It is also stated in Zechariah 14

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: 7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Verse 18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

This is the subject of these verses: how to comfort one another at the time of a loved one.