Isaiah 4:1

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 26, 2018
I'm new to the forum so forgive me for jumping in to the deep end.
I have been studying Revelation and seeing some things that I have not seen before!
Just wondering if anyone else has made the connection between Isaiah 4:1 and Rev chapters 2&3?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Not directly to chaps 2&3 - but it does relate to Revelation in that the whore/harlot aka apostate Israel was judged in the war of 66-70 AD

Isaiah 4:4 is specifically speaking of the blood guilt of apostate Israel being purged:

Isa 4:4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

Rev 17:16 “And the ten horns which you saw, and the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh and will burn her up with fire.

Rev 19:2 BECAUSE HIS JUDGMENTS ARE TRUE AND RIGHTEOUS; for He has judged the great harlot who was corrupting the earth with her immorality, and HE HAS AVENGED THE BLOOD OF HIS BOND-SERVANTS ON HER.”

Mat 23:35 so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

Matt 23:36 “Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation."

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
I also am a PK having both a Grandfather and Father as ministers/evangelists:

I just read all 6 verses of Isaiah 4, explain what you see and how you connect it to Revelation 1 and 2. I would assume (I hate to assume) that your reference is toward the 7 churches?

Aug 26, 2018
what I am saying is the seven women are the seven churches.
"we will eat out own bread" John 6:35 "Jesus said I am the bread of life"
"and wear our own apparel" we need to be clothed in his righteousness,
Rev 3:18. "only let us be called by thy name" Mathew 7:21-23

Aug 26, 2018
to be more specific the seven women are the seven churches after the Lord has removed the saved

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
what I am saying is the seven women are the seven churches.
"we will eat out own bread" John 6:35 "Jesus said I am the bread of life"
"and wear our own apparel" we need to be clothed in his righteousness,
Rev 3:18. "only let us be called by thy name" Mathew 7:21-23

I was thinking that was your meaning. And it very well could be speaking of the same thing. My Grandfather wrote a Book on Revelation and used many verses from Isaiah to confirm and connect scripture meaning