I would like to find someone for a serious relationship but…

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
(n)

(n)

You guys are being snobbish and should be ashamed of yourselves.

What minor characteristic of your life might someone else determine is cause enough that you should not deserve to share love and affection with a close companion in a marital relationship?

SMH

:(
There are definitely minor characteristics of my life that might have determine sufficient cause for someone to reject me for who I am and what I am about, including being snobbish.

I believe that everyone is deserving to share love and affection with a close companion in a marital relationship, including the OP.

Before even contemplating initially pursuing such a relationship it is best to undergo a self-examination to determine what characteristics or shortcomings that might preclude having such a relationship, such as financials, maturity, goals, etc. It is especially important to examine one's spiritual maturity in regard to one's personal relationship with God.

This is the foundation in which to build upon. This is what I believe based on my own personal experience and observation in the game of love.

@Valour-dare, I am sorry for any comments of mine that might have caused hurt felling's for that was not my intention.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
(n)

(n)

You guys are being snobbish and should be ashamed of yourselves.

What minor characteristic of your life might someone else determine is cause enough that you should not deserve to share love and affection with a close companion in a marital relationship?

SMH

:(
Nope. HE'S the snob. He keeps repeating over and over how he's the only one who comprehends these truths he keeps spouting, and how we can't see reality.

I can't see any woman being attracted to such an ego. It's almost as repellent as the whole "let's get married and watch the apocalypse together" thing.

Aug 26, 2024
I will include a pic of the ones I made to give a visual. I like to put butter and maple syrup on mine. And thinking about it, I think this pic is those pancakes of doom lol :unsure:

I think some people will use any excuse once they've already checked out. Men and women do this.

Midnight here. Hope you finally got to sleep! View attachment 267489
Lol yes thank you for sharing that is indeed what I refer to and associate as flapjacks and as said in my childhood I had them a lot. They look really good those pancakes of doom. I definitely wouldn't complain at receiving that a generous gift lol. Wasn't it once apparently said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach? Lol ;)

I hope that you had a good sleep. I unfortunately didn't.

Aug 26, 2024
I don't find what you are saying particularly hard to fathom. I mean, sure, I've heard rumors of wars and economic collapse since I was a kid. Some have come to pass and some haven't. I'm always low-key prepared for difficult times in a physical sense, which isn't as important as being prepared in a spiritual sense. So if a guy is going to get my attention, he will be the one pointing the way to the oil provider, not the one running through the streets yelling that the groom will be back sometime ;).

I wish you well, welcome to the forums, and please try to rest in His grace a bit, because you're worth more than many sparrows! :cool:
I have been watching the DS wield its "invisible hand" for forty-something years. I am well-aquainted with - shall I say - "quite a bit" - of the history of their evil workings - and - am aware of things that the greater part of humanity is totally oblivious to.

(There are others also who "understand" - but, unfortunately, we are the "drop in the bucket" of all who are in the world. The C19 experience appears to have added another drop or two - perhaps a few. But, the majority of the world population is still "caught in the MATRIX" and "asleep at the wheel"...)

One of the things I have discovered in all of this is that God will often not allow them to accomplish their agenda on their intended schedule. If it were not for this, a LOT of evildoing would have already occurred long before now.

Therefore, a lot of "predictions" do not occur "on time" as "appearances and evidences" would seem to dictate.

This is why you "keep hearing" about things that are expected to happen "any time now" - because, God is preventing [certain things] from transpiring - until, at the very least, it fits into His plans.

However, at the same time, the more time that goes by, the more desperate the DS gets to accomplish their agenda.

There are many things that are currently "on the verge" of happening very soon and quickly - if God allows it.

The Bible actually gives us some of the best "clues" to help us understand what is going on in the world; however, we must interpret them correctly or we will end up making erroneous guesses - and, the most important thing to remember is that Bible prophecy is in God"s timing.
Thank you for sharing... I am not in anyway though it might be misconstrued that I am superior as I am not. Since you understand about the "hidden hand" the ones that pulls all the strings of the counties of the world to orchestrate their will you know what is going on. Very few do and this what I am alluding to even fewer do. It is not something that can just be flippantly shared especially for those still in the "matrix" aka babylon, the world system.

For you yourself know that those "still asleep" would reject the fullness of the truth because simply put they are still blinded.

I agree that not all "their" plans have come to pass as "they" wanted for they are after all fighting against Almighty God Himself but what been alluding to is from Almighty God Himself because if it wasn't then who is greater than He that all these things have been playing out since 2020 (I understand that you do not understand why I am specifically referring to 2020) There is a very specific significance of that year because it was in that year that it was decreed that the century of bondage ended for His particular people. Why it is because these people of His are to be the ones that provide in time (once they pass through their refining period) to be able to provide for the rest of His people those that will join them.

The gathering of all His people once again in one place... To be His in the fullness and completeness of separation from the world.

Yes indeed the hidden hand rages because "they" know they don't have much time left... The book of Obadiah is waiting to open for "them"...

Also something I heard recently but we always hear of wars and rumors of wars because "they" are the ones who proliferate those rumors through the mediums they control.

Aug 26, 2024
I don't find what you are saying particularly hard to fathom. I mean, sure, I've heard rumors of wars and economic collapse since I was a kid. Some have come to pass and some haven't. I'm always low-key prepared for difficult times in a physical sense, which isn't as important as being prepared in a spiritual sense. So if a guy is going to get my attention, he will be the one pointing the way to the oil provider, not the one running through the streets yelling that the groom will be back sometime ;).

I wish you well, welcome to the forums, and please try to rest in His grace a bit, because you're worth more than many sparrows! :cool:
I wish that I could show that this isn't just rumors.. (though the rumors are there because they are created to push the agenda along) I am not referring to something I distantly know of but something I have personally experienced and am continue too. My life changed in 2020 forever as is tied to the unfolding these events that I am alluding to that are continuing to unfold even now... Like pieces of puzzle falling into place... Or like watching a domino effect... such has it been and continues to be for me...

I will share this Russia is a key factor in this sequence of events and if you are watching what is going on in Ukraine you might have a clearer picture in part of my stance on things...

I understand well. I am a witness and what I am pointing to for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear...

Thank you for welcoming me. I am resting in His grace it is all that sustains me and is my sole purpose in life.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
. I am resting in His grace it is all that sustains me and is my sole purpose in life.
Exactly, His grace does indeed sustain us and the sole purpose in my own life is to serve God to the best of my ability utilizing the time, tools, and resources that He has graciously given to me to accomplish the work that he has prepared for me beforehand.

Feb 17, 2023
For you yourself know that those "still asleep" would reject the fullness of the truth because simply put they are still blinded.

You have to remember that all ten virgins waiting to meet the bridegroom fell asleep. So a real Christian who has prepared beforehand can fall asleep and yet still be ready when they wake up. This applies to all events, not just the end times.

🍟

Aug 26, 2024
You have to remember that all ten virgins waiting to meet the bridegroom fell asleep. So a real Christian who has prepared beforehand can fall asleep and yet still be ready when they wake up. This applies to all events, not just the end times.

🍟
I do remember and yes that is true... remember though the wise ones had oil and the others did not and those who were not ready were had to go and find it for themselves and whilst they did the bridegroom came took away the ones who were ready and afterwards the ones who were not ready were shut out...

Feb 17, 2023
I do remember and yes that is true... remember though the wise ones had oil and the others did not and those who were not ready were had to go and find it for themselves and whilst they did the bridegroom came took away the ones who were ready and afterwards the ones who were not ready were shut out...

Yeah, I already mentioned that although without details.

Why? Because everyone here knows what I'm talking about so that I didn't need to spell it out.

You have to realize the people here know their Lord and their Bibles very well. You need to humble yourself to see that.

🍟

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Why? Because everyone here knows what I'm talking about so that I didn't need to spell it out.

You have to realize the people here know their Lord and their Bibles very well. You need to humble yourself to see that.

🍟
Well spoken.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

🍟
Ain't gonna happen.

I mean... It always COULD happen, but I'm guessing about a 0.7% chance.

Aug 26, 2024
Lol again it seems as if people here think I think I am superior I am not. However I know what I know through grace and what you are seeing in the world now I knew about long before it was being spoken about in the news mediums...

So all those here that know their Bibles know who is who? I wonder... well we shall see...

Aug 26, 2024
Lol again it seems as if people here think I think I am superior I am not. However I know what I know through grace and what you are seeing in the world now I knew about long before it was being spoken about in the news mediums...

So all those here that know their Bibles know who is who? I wonder... well we shall see...
Remember that I only alluded to things of what is happening in the world because I was explaining why I would like a serious relationship but feel I can't. The reason is because I do know know how many woman are prepared to face the knowledge of the horrors that are coming and yet in spite of that want to hold on... Hmm how do you explain to someone that if we come through this then we can have a life and that now there is an urgency to be "awake"?

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Lol again it seems as if people here think I think I am superior I am not. However I know what I know through grace and what you are seeing in the world now I knew about long before it was being spoken about in the news mediums... So all those here that know their Bibles know who is who? I wonder... well we shall see...
I think one of the mistakes many Christians make is believing that what God has placed strongly on their heart is what every other Christian should be putting the most emphasis on as well, and if they don't, they are somehow a lesser Christian or not even a Christian at all.

Having grown up in church and church culture, I see this all the time. People with strong beliefs who think that anyone who doesn't think the way they do doesn't know their Bible and can't possibly be a "real" Christian, or at least, can't possibly be on the same level as they are. And that may be true -- but only in the area where God has called them. But the people they deem as lesser might be much more advanced in the other areas where God has called them.

Why is it so easily forgotten that we are all parts of the body, and therefore God assigns us to different causes and functions?

One of the primary evils of this world that is often on my heart is sexual abuse. It all started when I was about 11 at Lutheran summer camp, and another girl in our cabin told us about being attacked by her babysitter as a young child. And the stories have never stopped. Almost everywhere I go, people (both men and women) at work, in church groups, online -- will start talking to me about the abuses they've been through and how it's affecting their lives, children, relationships, and marriages now.

I started to realize that God must have been orchestrating this for a reason, so I see it as one of my callings to listen to, pray for, and do my best to try to comfort those who have been or are going through sexual and domestic abuse.

Now I have to confess, that gets to be a pretty heavy topic sometimes, and therefore, I don't pay much attention at all to the things you're talking about -- end times and so forth. I've read the Bible several times on my own and have studied it since childhood, so I understand that the end times are coming, could come about any day, and are going to be worse than anything the earth has ever experienced.

But I have several other areas where I feel God is calling me and so I gravitate towards those instead. Does it make me a lesser Christian? Am I somehow sub-par in my faith because I'm not on the edge of my seat worrying about bloody horses and other "signs" happening around the globe? This is for God to decide, not others.

I could flip the table around and ask why more people aren't outraged and doing more to stop, prevent, and heal sexual trauma being induced upon children and adults everyday, but that's not my place. I'm more than happy to talk with others who have the same things on their hearts and learn from their experiences, but I would never cut down a brother or sister in the faith just because God has made them into a different working body part than I am.

Am I missing out, or am I nearly an infantile milk-drinking Christian because I don't pay more attention to "them" and "their" plots for world domination? I have not doubt these things are happening. But my whole life, I've been a small guppy in a very big pond full of much larger fish than me, so I guess I just try to let God take care of it and not worry too much.

If I've missed all the signs and am overtaken by whatever destruction and devastation is to come, I hope it can at least be said that maybe I was able to say something encouraging to someone or give them a comforting hug along the way.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
There you go again. Everyone who doesn't agree with your great revelation is an ignorant savage who just doesn't get it.

Gee, every girl in the area must be wild about you.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Funny thing. I just saw a thread from 2023 but a user trying to convince everyone WW3 started Last year. And he, too, is equally convinced he's right according to scripture and watching events unfold.
Huh. Funny how that happens.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Funny thing. I just saw a thread from 2023 but a user trying to convince everyone WW3 started Last year. And he, too, is equally convinced he's right according to scripture and watching events unfold.
Huh. Funny how that happens.
I'm always intrigued how, "No one ones the day or the hour (except the Father)" -- Matthew 24:36 -- ALWAYS seems to get turned into, "God has given ME special insight into being able to predict when the day and hour/end times is going to be."

I always wonder... how close is this to the edge of soothsaying or fortune telling -- which is clearly forbidden in the Bible?

Now I surely believe in prophets and after all, God gave Noah special insight into the end of the world at the time (the flood,) but I've never ran into any modern person whose predictions were 100% accurate. In each case, things had to be twisted like a pretzel in order to meet their predictions rather than an obvious observation to anyone that their "prophecy" had come true. I personally believe that if a prophecy comes true, it will be so obvious that an unbeliever could understand it.

I was once part of a church that was heavily into prophesy and words of knowledge -- which I certainly do believe exists.

But what I also observed is that far too many people seem to become drunk on the power/high it seems to give them to have "special knowledge" from God. Everyone else was pitied because they just weren't as "advanced," "close to God," or "didn't have as much faith" as they did. I fell victim to this too when the church was encouraging me to my "own" "prophetic skills."

When I took a good hard look at the Old Testament and was reminded the the consequences for giving false prophecies was DEATH, I became much, much more reserved in ever trying to claim "God told me" something about anything.

Do I think God speaks to me? Absolutely. But now I just make sure I leave a very wide open gate for my own human error if ever trying to convey that to someone else.

Aug 26, 2024
There you go again. Everyone who doesn't agree with your great revelation is an ignorant savage who just doesn't get it.

Gee, every girl in the area must be wild about you.
You are misunderstanding me and lol it isn't my great revelation. I only have been given grace to know.

There is a reason why I say what I do and unlike you more than likely I know what real real savagery is. So there is no way I equate such an association here.

However the reality is that it seems you have no idea what I am talking about my advice is go look at what is happening between NATO and Russia. Also know this when Russia invades Europe that will be the sign for those in the USA to flee quickly. As having an ocean between the USA and Europe is a false illusion of protection.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Once that dermination is made - possibly before - the "trying and difficult times" could actually strengthen and help the relationship.
My wife and I built our relationship over live chat during the pandemic. As the saying goes, hard times make strong men (people).... :)