How to be the one Jesus say I am...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
Hi
I have been raise in a non christian family. Today I am the only one in my family and of my friends that is christian.
I did not get a chance to get to know my real mom as she died in a overdose when I was two years old. My dad did not take care of me so after a time I came to a foster family. They are little older, so there real kids are grown up and have move some years ago when I was younger.
My foster parents have teach me things in a way that is not good if you see it from a christian perspective. but I have been learn thing in a way from I was young. and now even if I know it is wrong I so many times fall back and do the same things. I really struggle with this.
I do same over and over to make other happy... but some times I think I do wrong.
How to be the one living how God want me to live.. I only do things in Love but some times even that seems to be wrong

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I do same over and over to make other happy... but some times I think I do
wrong. I only do things in Love but some times even that seems to be wrong
My heart goes out to you, for I can understand what a hard place this is, knowing you feel a very strong need to say something to express your truth but not being able to for fear of offending or alienating others. And the fact that you alone in your family and among your friends is Christian... that sounds like a potentially lonely place, and I do hope you have a church family that you regularly fellowship with to help alleviate those feelings. Do you pray about how to be salt and light to your unbelieving family and friends? Some say use words only when necessary, and it is true that we are not all teachers or preachers. Using words only when necessary means to live in such a way that you inspire others to want to know your secret to having patience, joy, and peace of mind etc. That is always a good place to tell others of your love of the Lord.

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
My heart goes out to you, for I can understand what a hard place this is, knowing you feel a very strong need to say something to express your truth but not being able to for fear of offending or alienating others. And the fact that you alone in your family and among your friends is Christian... that sounds like a potentially lonely place, and I do hope you have a church family that you regularly fellowship with to help alleviate those feelings. Do you pray about how to be salt and light to your unbelieving family and friends? Some say use words only when necessary, and it is true that we are not all teachers or preachers. Using words only when necessary means to live in such a way that you inspire others to want to know your secret to having patience, joy, and peace of mind etc. That is always a good place to tell others of your love of the Lord.
Here is church ware I go every week, the thing is the churches close to me is very small and there is almost only elder people. Not that I have anything against elder people, I like them. Is just here is not many in my age. I some time travel a church far away to meet other christian in my age. the people in church here is very kind and often they invite me home for lunch after Sunday meeting. Last wee a old man invite me for lunch and he told me many story's about the church long before I was born

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Hi
I have been raise in a non christian family. Today I am the only one in my family and of my friends that is christian.
I did not get a chance to get to know my real mom as she died in a overdose when I was two years old. My dad did not take care of me so after a time I came to a foster family. They are little older, so there real kids are grown up and have move some years ago when I was younger.
My foster parents have teach me things in a way that is not good if you see it from a christian perspective. but I have been learn thing in a way from I was young. and now even if I know it is wrong I so many times fall back and do the same things. I really struggle with this.
I do same over and over to make other happy... but some times I think I do wrong.
How to be the one living how God want me to live.. I only do things in Love but some times even that seems to be wrong
Christianity is not a new set of rules or even a moral code to live by. It is a new life. And Jesus is the life of the born again Christian.

If you have a dog, you know that dogs behave in certain ways just because they are dogs. This is because it has the life, or nature, of a dog. Cats have four legs and a tail and people keep them as pets. But they are nothing like dogs in the way they behave. Cats have the life (nature) of a cat. Christians are new creations in Christ. Christ is the life of the Christian.

2 Peter 1: 3 & 4
"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires."

When we see that Jesus really is our life, we can quit trying and start living in victory, righteousness and holiness. Ask Jesus to live out His life in you, through you and in place of the nature you were born with. We are called to bear fruit, not produce it. The fruit on the branch depends on the kind of tree, not on how much the branch tries to be fruitful.

We need to spend time with Jesus, getting to know Him and His wonderful promises. We will not attain instant perfection, but we will be on the right path to spiritual maturity. Let Him lead you and guide you in all things. You will know the joy of the Lord and His strength.

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
Christianity is not a new set of rules or even a moral code to live by. It is a new life. And Jesus is the life of the born again Christian.

If you have a dog, you know that dogs behave in certain ways just because they are dogs. This is because it has the life, or nature, of a dog. Cats have four legs and a tail and people keep them as pets. But they are nothing like dogs in the way they behave. Cats have the life (nature) of a cat. Christians are new creations in Christ. Christ is the life of the Christian.

2 Peter 1: 3 & 4
"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires."

When we see that Jesus really is our life, we can quit trying and start living in victory, righteousness and holiness. Ask Jesus to live out His life in you, through you and in place of the nature you were born with. We are called to bear fruit, not produce it. The fruit on the branch depends on the kind of tree, not on how much the branch tries to be fruitful.

We need to spend time with Jesus, getting to know Him and His wonderful promises. We will not attain instant perfection, but we will be on the right path to spiritual maturity. Let Him lead you and guide you in all things. You will know the joy of the Lord and His strength.
I do my best I love Jesus, I read the bible, praying and go to church as often I can. still there is some times things that comes after me and pull me back to how I live before. some times is easy to turn back to God, other time I fall back... I really try not to... what I do makes other happy even if I know is not right I struggle to not fall back when some one want me to give happiness. It is harder than I taught some times. is also in my mind I struggle.. just this one more time only... but often it not be just one more time.. not for me.
I dont know if you understand the problem I can not go it to details but to make a person happy makes me happy. that is why it is so hard. I should not do it

Newbie3

Jun 28, 2024
Never be afraid of your religion. If the people around you are not letting you express your strong Christian faith then those are people you should avoid. Find communities with strong Christian faith. The world is in a dark place and it will only get worse in the future so we must fight back and preach our faith even stronger when the world resists. Make friends with the number one person in your life which is God for He will reward you. Apply your Christian values to the way you act and interact with others and you will never stray away from the path of light towards God.

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
Never be afraid of your religion. If the people around you are not letting you express your strong Christian faith then those are people you should avoid. Find communities with strong Christian faith. The world is in a dark place and it will only get worse in the future so we must fight back and preach our faith even stronger when the world resists. Make friends with the number one person in your life which is God for He will reward you. Apply your Christian values to the way you act and interact with others and you will never stray away from the path of light towards God.
yes I really try, here is not so many christian in my age. most is much older then me but still I go to them and talk, they are very kind and help me a lot

Newbie3

Jun 28, 2024
yes I really try, here is not so many christian in my age. most is much older then me but still I go to them and talk, they are very kind and help me a lot
Yes that can be annoying. When your young its hard to go to further places but as you get older you can start going to churches a bit further away. If you have any friends ask to go with them sometimes.

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
Yes that can be annoying. When your young its hard to go to further places but as you get older you can start going to churches a bit further away. If you have any friends ask to go with them sometimes.
A older man have taken me to a church long away from here, he took me there as there is many in my age. but we had to get up rely early to go there in time, but he have been very nice to me to bring me there some times. else I go to church here closer and is me and older people. they are very nice and kind to me and often some invite me for lunch after church and we sit talking. so even if they are so much older then me they are very kind to me and they do the best to help me. they are like 50 years older then me but anyway it is nice of them and they feel like my christian family.
Last Sunday was a old man who invite me after church and he had lunch for me and we talked for hours. he was talking about how the church was before, and he talked what he and his wife, who have died in cancer, was working in church many years ago. He was happy I spend time with him as he is alone a lot

Apr 16, 2024
שלום עליכם
Shalom, God's peace be with you.

Being Christian is about having and living relationship with Jesus. Try to please Him, your Heavenly Father. Make Jesus happy, who is your Savior. It can be a hard struggle, but remember that you are in God's presence always. With prayer and perseverance in doing good you can win the struggle against sin, even if you fall in it often out of weakness. May the Lord grant you the crown of victory in His Heavenly Kingdom.

Last Sunday was a old man who invite me after church and he had lunch for me and we talked for hours. he was talking about how the church was before, and he talked what he and his wife, who have died in cancer, was working in church many years ago. He was happy I spend time with him as he is alone a lot
It's not surprising they invite you home. You look so young, innocent and beautiful, while the mindset of adults is usually pretty complicated with a lot of negative emotional experience. May the Lord help you preserve this simplicity and grant you wisdom. God be with you. Praise be to Jesus.
Hasta la Vista, baby ;)

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
שלום עליכם
Shalom, God's peace be with you.

Being Christian is about having and living relationship with Jesus. Try to please Him, your Heavenly Father. Make Jesus happy, who is your Savior. It can be a hard struggle, but remember that you are in God's presence always. With prayer and perseverance in doing good you can win the struggle against sin, even if you fall in it often out of weakness. May the Lord grant you the crown of victory in His Heavenly Kingdom.

It's not surprising they invite you home. You look so young, innocent and beautiful, while the mindset of adults is usually pretty complicated with a lot of negative emotional experience. May the Lord help you preserve this simplicity and grant you wisdom. God be with you. Praise be to Jesus.
Hasta la Vista, baby ;)
Than you do much for the words. I will try keep that in mind.. to please Jesus in stead of falling in to sin and please other. that is really good words for me as for me I have struggle with low self-esteem and to be there for other, to give other happiness have gave me joy in return. but the joy have always been short and I feel that I need to do more and more. but to please Jesus is so much different. so ones more, thank you for putting the right words. I will think of this int times when I struggle because I know it will come back to me.

And to talk with those elder people in church gives me so much back.. if I can spread some joy there that is so much better

Apr 16, 2024
@ImLova Don't worry, child of God. Jesus loves you. As your Friend He will never let you down, He knows you didn't mean to hurt Him.
There are suitable prayers that you can read in every situation. You can repeat them at any time, as we do in eastern-Orthodox tradition, instead of always creating new prayers.

"Dear Lord, embrace me with Your peace when my thoughts are troubled.

Give me the strength to rise above my worries and trust in Your Providence. May Your love fill my heart and cast out all fear. I place my worries in Your hands, knowing that You care for me. Your wisdom guides me on a path of peace and security.

In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen."

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
@ImLova Don't worry, child of God. Jesus loves you. As your Friend He will never let you down, He knows you didn't mean to hurt Him.
There are suitable prayers that you can read in every situation. You can repeat them at any time, as we do in eastern-Orthodox tradition, instead of always creating new prayers.

"Dear Lord, embrace me with Your peace when my thoughts are troubled.

Give me the strength to rise above my worries and trust in Your Providence. May Your love fill my heart and cast out all fear. I place my worries in Your hands, knowing that You care for me. Your wisdom guides me on a path of peace and security.

In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen."
that prayer was rely good, I will save that to use. I need that when my thoughts want me back to do what I did before. I have fall many times after I meet Jesus but I feel he giving me more strength to say no. in beginning I felt guilt not to be there for them who wanted me to give them joy for the moment, but now I feel less gilt to say now. I feel I am more confident even if I still strugle

Apr 16, 2024
@ImLova
Praise the Lord! Never in your life be despondent, no matter what kind of shortcomings you have. The Lord is ready to forgive if we are genuine.
Here is another prayer that can help you every day to be with the Lord.

"O Lord, grant that I may meet all that this coming day brings to me with spiritual tranquility. Grant that I may fully surrender myself to Thy holy Will.

At every hour of this day, direct and support me in all things. Whatsoever news may reach me in the course of the day, teach me to accept it with a calm soul and the firm conviction that all is subject to Thy holy Will.

Direct my thoughts and feelings in all my words and actions. In all unexpected occurrences, do not let me forget that all is sent down from Thee.

Grant that I may deal straightforwardly and wisely with every member of my family, neither embarrassing nor saddening anyone.

O Lord, grant me the strength to endure the fatigue of the coming day and all the events that take place during it. Direct my will and teach me to pray, to believe, to hope, to be patient, to forgive, and to love. Amen."

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
@ImLova
Praise the Lord! Never in your life be despondent, no matter what kind of shortcomings you have. The Lord is ready to forgive if we are genuine.
Here is another prayer that can help you every day to be with the Lord.

"O Lord, grant that I may meet all that this coming day brings to me with spiritual tranquility. Grant that I may fully surrender myself to Thy holy Will.

At every hour of this day, direct and support me in all things. Whatsoever news may reach me in the course of the day, teach me to accept it with a calm soul and the firm conviction that all is subject to Thy holy Will.

Direct my thoughts and feelings in all my words and actions. In all unexpected occurrences, do not let me forget that all is sent down from Thee.

Grant that I may deal straightforwardly and wisely with every member of my family, neither embarrassing nor saddening anyone.

O Lord, grant me the strength to endure the fatigue of the coming day and all the events that take place during it. Direct my will and teach me to pray, to believe, to hope, to be patient, to forgive, and to love. Amen."
thank you :)
in beginning it was hard to rely take in Gods forgiveness. But he have show me in many ways he have forgive

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I do my best I love Jesus, I read the bible, praying and go to church as often I can. still there is some times things that comes after me and pull me back to how I live before. some times is easy to turn back to God, other time I fall back... I really try not to... what I do makes other happy even if I know is not right I struggle to not fall back when some one want me to give happiness. It is harder than I taught some times. is also in my mind I struggle.. just this one more time only... but often it not be just one more time.. not for me.
I dont know if you understand the problem I can not go it to details but to make a person happy makes me happy. that is why it is so hard. I should not do it
I know the problem. I wrestled with it for decades. One day God spoke to me and said, "What is your righteousness?" I thought about it and said, "The best I can do" Then I was reminded of what God calls our righteousness: "Filthy rags". So the best I can do is utterly unacceptable to God. This is hard for people to accept. We want to please God but we want to do it our way. God rejects that. Instead, He gives us Jesus to live instead of the life we were born with. When we see this, we will no longer try to please God. We will simply live and let Jesus be whoever He wants to be within us.

You say that you are happy when you make someone else happy. I can promise you that when God is pleased, you are the most joyful it is possible to be. And God is pleased with Jesus. (Matthew 3:17). When God sees Jesus living instead of us, He is pleased and we are most joyful.

About 3 years ago, I had a painful and potentially fatal illness. I spent 8 days in hospital. One of the doctors told me, "you are not taking this seriously". Even in the midst of the ordeal, I was full of peace and joy. Even the worldly could see it. All Christians can experience this peace and joy no matter the circumstances.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Hi
Ask God for the stengh to be able to live a life more pleasing to Him.. Keep up the good fight ( with your faulty self) try to think more of the good things you can do rather then the bad things you have been doing..

We should all realise we can never be perfect in this flesh life and so we much always be trusting that the LORD Jesus has our errors covered by His Atonement He secured on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins..

Start saying thank you to God for all the things He his providing for you.. Thank Him for forgiving your sins..

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
I know the problem. I wrestled with it for decades. One day God spoke to me and said, "What is your righteousness?" I thought about it and said, "The best I can do" Then I was reminded of what God calls our righteousness: "Filthy rags". So the best I can do is utterly unacceptable to God. This is hard for people to accept. We want to please God but we want to do it our way. God rejects that. Instead, He gives us Jesus to live instead of the life we were born with. When we see this, we will no longer try to please God. We will simply live and let Jesus be whoever He wants to be within us.

You say that you are happy when you make someone else happy. I can promise you that when God is pleased, you are the most joyful it is possible to be. And God is pleased with Jesus. (Matthew 3:17). When God sees Jesus living instead of us, He is pleased and we are most joyful.

About 3 years ago, I had a painful and potentially fatal illness. I spent 8 days in hospital. One of the doctors told me, "you are not taking this seriously". Even in the midst of the ordeal, I was full of peace and joy. Even the worldly could see it. All Christians can experience this peace and joy no matter the circumstances.
Thank you for good words. Blessings 🙏😊

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
Ask God for the stengh to be able to live a life more pleasing to Him.. Keep up the good fight ( with your faulty self) try to think more of the good things you can do rather then the bad things you have been doing..

We should all realise we can never be perfect in this flesh life and so we much always be trusting that the LORD Jesus has our errors covered by His Atonement He secured on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins..

Start saying thank you to God for all the things He his providing for you.. Thank Him for forgiving your sins..
Thank you to much. Blesses 🙏 🫶

B

BizBo

Hi
As a new Christian who became one on my own despite my atheist family background… I can relate on that level. My complete condolences for your loss and your situation. If you believe what you’re doing to be wrong, it is best to stop no matter if you lose some friends and family in the process.

Jesus said in Luke 12:51-53 Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against—or two in favor and three against. ‘Father will be divided against son and son against father; mother against daughter and daughter against mother; and mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.’”

Always do things with love but sometimes that means just pray for those who are against you; create a boundary if that’s possible and take comfort in your faith and in God. He will guide you to the Truth. He will guide you every step of the way and make the path to Him clear, no matter how blurry it may seem right now. I hope this helps!