Evidence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
You may not know for sure; I do.

You're taking a non-scientific subject (your question) and trying to challenge my response from a scientific perspective. Rethink that one.

Explain that scientifically.

I have met the One personally.
I've been trying this line of reasoning since post number 6.
I couldn't get anyone to endorse my testimony.
We are his witnesses. There should be at least a dozen people here, ready to agree to this.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I've been trying this line of reasoning since post number 6.
I couldn't get anyone to endorse my testimony.
We are his witnesses. There should be at least a dozen people here, ready to agree to this.
I find that people who demand evidence are usually unwilling to test it for themselves. ;)

T

timps

I've met several personally. Besides that point though, just look how man is quite unlike the animals, quite unlike anything in the creation. Man can create and destroy, man can cultivate and domesticate, even the way the animals and plants respond to and are influenced by man indicates man is a godlike being.
What gods have you met?

Jan 21, 2021
There are things that we just don’t know and if we are honest we will just admit we don’t know
The trouble is there is a lot science doesn't know. It doesn't even know if this is a false reality. So we seek answers to these questions and invariably that leads to God. I believe we are all on a path to god in this reality - science, spirituality and religion all lead to God.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I think your mistake is in assuming that there is a supernatural. There are things that we just don’t know and if we are honest we will just admit we don’t know. It is a leap to say it Hass to be supernatural, why does it have to be?
Supernatural is defined as
  • Of or relating to existence outside the natural world.
  • Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces.

No matter, space, or time is outside the natural world and is not within the natural forces or laws of nature. Due to the fact, the laws of nature had not come into existence.

This only points to a supernatural cause. It could be God or something else. But the cause was powerful. A big bang doesn't do it favor.

Now let me ask does the universe look designed? Orderly? Purpose-driven? Or random chance?

Do you believe in a moral law? Laws of logic? The mind? Metaphysical elements like gravity? Can you see gravity? Or just the effects?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I know the Bible definition but it doesn’t make any sense because we can’t have confidence in something that we have not had repeated verification personally. When I get in my car I know that when I turn the key 99.9% of the time the car will start. That is not faith that is confidence in a prior experience. I don’t need to hope that it starts I expect it to start
Prior experience. Being a Christian involves experience with prayer, miracles, healing, testimony, and holy spirit moments. But we have prior evidence to give confidence. It is just the same that I believe George Washington to exist but I have never seen him.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
I agree that based on what we know now it is more plausible. So at best you are saying that this is the best explanation we can come up with right now. It would be more honest to say that we don’t know. We used to think that lightning was the gods being angry with us before we actually knew the real cause.
There are so many things that we do know about in the cosmos and on the earth, to which we have no explanations for.
Example: All matter in the universe we know is at its most miniscule level comprised of energy, and yet to this day science has no logical explanation for why all matter/energy coalesces in the forms/shapes they take on. This includes our own physical bodies being comprised of energy.
So your explanation for all matter/energy in the universe coalescing in the numerous forms they take on, is simply another, "I don't know". In contrast to your perspective, I recognize the coalescing of all energy in the material shapes they take on to be by intelligent design.