Does the Bible say anything about doing adventure sports?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Many of my friends they ware more active in sports before, but now more and more they go for the party and drinking. I'm have no interest in that. I don't like alcohol or drugs.
you go, girl that is great, there is a lot of bad in those times of mine. Not that all is always good now, for I stay aware I am not special, I am God's though, thanks to Son I believe is raised for me to be new inn.
God just loves us all
That I got from my eldest brother John, who died at age 31, I was 21 then when he died. He was found on Campus crusade For Christ in San Bernardino, Ca. Leaned against a boulder, with a
Bible in his hand. Found by hikers.
I went thier from Sacramento, to San Bernardino to get his belongings. I had to visit Bill Bright, the manager then of Campus Crusade for Christ in 1978. I got told by him and others there, that they wanted to do more Autopsies on his body, they had done three so far and haves not found a cause of Death, no physical cause of death.
I jumped up out of the seat, I was sitting in and yelled out do as many as you want,
"I am convinced"
Jesus Christ is alive, as real as the air I breathe. I heard after that, back at home, from my eldest sister, that John had called her on the phone and told her
I have all my life tried to please mom and dad, along with God, by what I do or not do.
I just heard "God just loves me" Then found dead, three days later
I hold onto the revelation my brother got and told my other sister
I turned this into God just loves us all, otherwise. why would he have gone to that cross without a fight back? It was for us, the people to get reconciled, before anyone could get born again by God in the risen life of Son. amazing grace this is, even as John Newton saw this too, and wrote Amazing Grace, John Newton was a slave trader and saw and stopped slave trading
It is the Love of God, that won, wins and continues to win. We are to see to see no fear anymore since God won for us through Son to us. 1John. 4:17-18

John 16:33

New International Version

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Since he has overcome the world, so have all those that have chosen to stand in beleif to his love and mercy for them and these give that to all too. This is just what I see in my life experiences here on earth
"God just loves us all" so simple, the tit has become not easy to see it the truth of God just loving us. the tis what has been changing me and has changed me.

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
you go, girl that is great, there is a lot of bad in those times of mine. Not that all is always good now, for I stay aware I am not special, I am God's though, thanks to Son I believe is raised for me to be new inn.
God just loves us all
That I got from my eldest brother John, who died at age 31, I was 21 then when he died. He was found on Campus crusade For Christ in San Bernardino, Ca. Leaned against a boulder, with a
Bible in his hand. Found by hikers.
I went thier from Sacramento, to San Bernardino to get his belongings. I had to visit Bill Bright, the manager then of Campus Crusade for Christ in 1978. I got told by him and others there, that they wanted to do more Autopsies on his body, they had done three so far and haves not found a cause of Death, no physical cause of death.
I jumped up out of the seat, I was sitting in and yelled out do as many as you want,
"I am convinced"
Jesus Christ is alive, as real as the air I breathe. I heard after that, back at home, from my eldest sister, that John had called her on the phone and told her
I have all my life tried to please mom and dad, along with God, by what I do or not do.
I just heard "God just loves me" Then found dead, three days later
I hold onto the revelation my brother got and told my other sister
I turned this into God just loves us all, otherwise. why would he have gone to that cross without a fight back? It was for us, the people to get reconciled, before anyone could get born again by God in the risen life of Son. amazing grace this is, even as John Newton saw this too, and wrote Amazing Grace, John Newton was a slave trader and saw and stopped slave trading
It is the Love of God, that won, wins and continues to win. We are to see to see no fear anymore since God won for us through Son to us. 1John. 4:17-18

John 16:33

New International Version

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Since he has overcome the world, so have all those that have chosen to stand in beleif to his love and mercy for them and these give that to all too. This is just what I see in my life experiences here on earth
"God just loves us all" so simple, the tit has become not easy to see it the truth of God just loving us. the tis what has been changing me and has changed me.
Must have been so hard for you going thru this. I was to young when my mom past away to remember.

Hakawaka

Jul 1, 2021
Go ahead and practice the sport. I can't think of a "sinful sport" off the top of my head. Avoid sin, not hobbies that keep you (the temple!) in shape!

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
Go ahead and practice the sport. I can't think of a "sinful sport" off the top of my head. Avoid sin, not hobbies that keep you (the temple!) in shape!
I also think my hobbies keep me away from sin

Hakawaka

Jul 1, 2021
I also think my hobbies keep me away from sin
For sure. There is a saying in my language: The devil will always find something to do for idle hands.

I think the american equivalent is: "Idle mind is the devil's workshop"

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
For sure. There is a saying in my language: The devil will always find something to do for idle hands.

I think the american equivalent is: "Idle mind is the devil's workshop"
The idiom "The devil makes work for idle hands" means that people who do not have enough to do are often
tempted to do something wrong. The phrase expresses the idea that trouble or evil arises from not keeping busy.
When people say that the devil finds work for idle hands, they mean that if people don't have anything to do with
their time, they are more likely to get involved in trouble and criminality. <= found through a general search
.:D

What is your mother tongue if you do not mind me asking?

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
The idiom "The devil makes work for idle hands" means that people who do not have enough to do are often
tempted to do something wrong. The phrase expresses the idea that trouble or evil arises from not keeping busy.
When people say that the devil finds work for idle hands, they mean that if people don't have anything to do with
their time, they are more likely to get involved in trouble and criminality. <= found through a general search

This I will remember from now, never heard that here in Sweden before :)

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
Also, why would God not care about what we do? Don't you think God have give us different intents as he created us with different skills and gifts? To me I think God is interest in what we do with our time in life.
Unless it becomes a "god" that you have to serve - ANYTHING OBSESSIVE is likely a problem.

Hakawaka

Jul 1, 2021

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This I will remember from now, never heard that here in Sweden before :)
Yes, it is good to be doing things you have a passion for especially if/when
they are good for you and/or serving others in non-sinful ways, of course.

Many of my friends they were more active in sports before, but now more and more they
go for the party and drinking. I'm have no interest in that. I don't like alcohol or drugs.
Sounds like what happened to your friends... they gave up one interest and drinking + drugging + partying took over. My life went that route also = drinking drugging and party type lifestyle for many years, all through my twenties and thirties. I first got clean and sober at the age of 39 after crying out to God for help. I did not even believe in God then, but within days I lost the desire to use and had embarked on a committed path to recovery... so it is still possible for your friends.

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
Unless it becomes a "god" that you have to serve - ANYTHING OBSESSIVE is likely a problem.
Have I say anything that I'm obsess to what I am doing? am I obsess if I walk for two days in the forest? I don't know if you ware reading my question from start correctly as it seems that you assume that I have other types of problems?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Is that Norway's flag? I loved the Nordic Netflix series Trapped. I have likely seen others, also.
I am quite a fan of foreign films and series in my old age LOL

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
Yes hiking is very nice. This summer I was hiking 4 days alone. It was amazing. The first two days I hiked north into the forest and slept in a tent. Then I kayaked back and camped by the river that leads down back to where I live. Some people think I was crazy to do it alone, but it was so nice.
My son and I did a 3-day hike in Iceland 9 years ago. 35 miles in 3 days with 40lb packs. We had to pack everything in and slept in a tent. It was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had.
IMG_0518.jpg
We also hiked Machu Picchu and Pike's peak. I'm hoping to get one more hike in before I'm too old, the Dolomites in Italy.

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
Yes, it is good to be doing things you have a passion for especially if/when
they are good for you and/or serving others in non-sinful ways, of course.

Sounds like what happened to your friends... they gave up one interest and drinking + drugging + partying took over. My life went that route also = drinking drugging and party type lifestyle for many years, all through my twenties and thirties. I first got clean and sober at the age of 39 after crying out to God for help. I did not even believe in God then, but within days I lost the desire to use and had embarked on a committed path to recovery... so it is still possible for your friends.
Im so glad to hear you came over it, God is amazing :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Im so glad to hear you came over it, God is amazing :)
Yes, He is!!! I am known to say, I am grateful that God was so gracious toward me to allow me to survive the stupidity of my youth!

Praise the Lord
:)

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
My son and I did a 3-day hike in Iceland 9 years ago. 35 miles in 3 days with 40lb packs. We had to pack everything in and slept in a tent. It was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had.
View attachment 267296
We also hiked Machu Picchu and Pike's peak. I'm hoping to get one more hike in before I'm too old, the Dolomites in Italy.
wooaw that is amazing, I would also love to visit Iceland some time

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
Have I say anything that I'm obsess to what I am doing? am I obsess if I walk for two days in the forest? I don't know if you ware reading my question from start correctly as it seems that you assume that I have other types of problems?
I don't assume you have ANY PROBLEMS.

What I said was, as a general consideration, it's important that an activity, or an avocation doesn't become an OBSESSION / substitute god that you rely on. My substitute "gods" were radio-controlled aircraft, and before that Cigarettes which I "Served" with a ferocious single minded fervor.