Do feel that being a virgin, is the cause for your singleness?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Epicnerdheroix

And that's the hardest part GreenNnice, patiently waiting all these years to give that very special gift to an equally-special girl but as I get older, it looks like I shouldn't expect that same gift in return. *sigh*

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
I have nothing but respect for Virgins! Anyone that is born in the month of September should be celebrated, not shunned.

Oh wait, those are Virgos! Nevermind!!!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Well my comment was to TinTin, but didn't mean to offend you. ;)

If humor cannot be made between Christians, then I certainly do not intend to be yur stumbling block. You comment allot on everyone, and this ain't that special to start a rumor. Certainly it is a lesson for me concerning how sensitive some forums can be; once again, You Have My Sincere Apology.

So to the forum, Sister Seoulsearch was not flurting with TinTin. I recant and I am out. You both have my sincere apology. :)
Np, Living. :) I've had people post and/or write about whether so-and-so and I were an "item" or if I had a gaggle of guys here I was trying to date (and the answer is no--we have WONDERFUL guys here but no, I'm not trying to throw myself at any of them), so I always find it best to clear the air.

Thanks for your understanding -- it's appreciated. :)

L

livingepistle

Np, Living. :) I've had people post and/or write about whether so-and-so and I were an "item" or if I had a gaggle of guys here I was trying to date (and the answer is no--we have WONDERFUL guys here but no, I'm not trying to throw myself at any of them), so I always find it best to clear the air.

Thanks for your understanding -- it's appreciated. :)
No problem, I'm Lovin All the CC Saints. :D Next time someone gives you a hard time, let me know, I'll put some Holy Ghost on 'em...lol :)

L

leadme

You are not alone!!! You go girl!! *high five*
I've recently broke up with my bf because of that issue. He claimed that he can’t have a gf and not have sex with her. Initially things were ok with us, and then eventually he couldn't wait anymore. So most times when we were together he would suggest that we have sex. Thank God I was strong enough each time to say no… Eventually, I realized that it really wasn't working out between us and I broke it off…. I did like him a lot but the relationship was actually pushing me away from God. Sooo I had to choose… God OR my bf. I chose God!!:) It wasn’t an easy breakup, since I still had feelings him. And even now sometimes when I see him, I get butterflies in my stomach, which is WIERD!! Cuz I’m not supposed to like this guy anymore. I don’t doubt that this is a test for me, n I am DETERMINED to pass it!! Lol… I will save my virginity till marriage! N it’s soooo encouraging to see that others will also….

I

iTOREtheSKY

I've recently broke up with my bf because of that issue. He claimed that he can’t have a gf and not have sex with her. Initially things were ok with us, and then eventually he couldn't wait anymore. So most times when we were together he would suggest that we have sex. Thank God I was strong enough each time to say no… Eventually, I realized that it really wasn't working out between us and I broke it off…. I did like him a lot but the relationship was actually pushing me away from God. Sooo I had to choose… God OR my bf. I chose God!!:) It wasn’t an easy breakup, since I still had feelings him. And even now sometimes when I see him, I get butterflies in my stomach, which is WIERD!! Cuz I’m not supposed to like this guy anymore. I don’t doubt that this is a test for me, n I am DETERMINED to pass it!! Lol… I will save my virginity till marriage! N it’s soooo encouraging to see that others will also….
That's awesome that you submitted yourself unto the Lord! He will surely reward you for obeying his word. It's not weird getting those feelings...just because we do what God tells us to,doesn't always mean those feelings will leave us. The important thing is you are not allowing to be ruled by those feelings or your flesh! Stay strong in the Lord mighty sister! ^5 :cool:

L

leadme

That's awesome that you submitted yourself unto the Lord! He will surely reward you for obeying his word. It's not weird getting those feelings...just because we do what God tells us to,doesn't always mean those feelings will leave us. The important thing is you are not allowing to be ruled by those feelings or your flesh! Stay strong in the Lord mighty sister! ^5 :cool:

awww Thank you!! I will keep the faith!!... I wish the feelings could disappear though. It'll make things much easier!

I

iTOREtheSKY

awww Thank you!! I will keep the faith!!... I wish the feelings could disappear though. It'll make things much easier!
Give it time...they will more & more eventually. :)

G

GreenNnice

I like this post. It's important (real, real, really) important that when one speaks of subjects like this that one speaks with a senstivity and a love of Christ in their hearts for all . This might sound patronizing, but it's not meant to be. It can be for anything that can (potentially) make others sad. We are to FEEL for our brothers and sisters in Christ and even , if the Lord asks, if we are LED, lay down our lives for them. That's Scripture too, that's not just green talking. Wait! Where's the green? I think I am going to see my eye doctor tomorrow, no choice. Ahhh, I see the green, I'm not going blind so after all :D

But ,we need our faiths to follow after Him, KNOWING, knowing, KNOWING that our walk is to be one of love, we step not on our fellow brothers and sisters despite our little idiosyncrasies of doctrine, we are going to the same place EVEN IF, in a lot of cases, we don't actually dwell in one DOCTRINE until we get to, you got it, partner and partnerette, until we are seeing Him face to face :) But, yes, at that time we are ALL in one doctrine, not just one faith in Christ :) Sure, smile, why don't ya ? :)

1 John 3

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be that person? 18Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 19This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

I added some bonus verses too about the Holy Spirit because I wuvs ya all . We do not want to condemn those who may be a LITTLE different than us, we are ALL going to the same place and might as well practice the good graces of Love here before we get 'there.' :)

[HR][/HR]

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
So glad to read that you were able to leave in time, Sis :)! Congrats :)!

BTW, a note to any young ladies reading this, take a tip from LeadMe: if a guy tells you that he can't have a gf without having sex with her, don't start a romance with him at all. This changes if his attitude changes; I'm not saying he'll stay like this forever, but while he does, be friends ONLY! And even then, be careful :)!

G

GraceRevelation

I've had the same problem. To me it weeds out the people who are just interested in physical interaction. If a guy has a heart for you, he won't leave. Never lower your standards or give up sex because you feel that you will never have a relationship otherwise. Just keep your eyes on Jesus, everything else will fall into place.

Apr 28, 2010
atlantic Canada
I think its really cool when I read these posts and that I'm not the only thats a virgin and I'm 28 years old. I only had one boyfriend my whole life and it didn't work out. I definetly want to wait until I'm married and I won't let any guy talk or guilt me into having sex before marriage. I'm very shy when I meet people and don't really talk to them just say hi and alot of people think I'm under 20 years old because I look young and I'm short lol. People ask me how come I'm not married yet and how I'm still single and I tell them I haven't found the right guy yet and its all in God's timing.

May 17, 2013
I don't know if it's just me, but from my experience every time I tell a guy that I am virgin and that I am waiting till marriage. They either run away or say they "respect that" but when we are alone they try to get me to give it up. Or if I do date it never last because they eventually expect sex.
So I started to think is being a virgin the cause for my singleness? Do you guys feel the same way sometimes?

....or then again the cause for singleness could be that I am crazy. ...crazy for Jesus that is..HAHA
It's not the cause of your singleness. Everybody is responsible for their own actions. You didn't make anybody leave, they left because of their own thoughts and their own minds.

Personally, I'd be elated to find someone that's a virgin; providing she was loyal and kind and the things I would like from a woman.

Sex is not important (as something I need to have) to me and I'd hope she feels the same way.

I

iTOREtheSKY

At my "old" age,I just want to cuddle. :) (hey,don't judge me...cuddling can be very satisfying)

G

GreenNnice

It's not the cause of your singleness. Everybody is responsible for their own actions. You didn't make anybody leave, they left because of their own thoughts and their own minds.

Personally, I'd be elated to find someone that's a virgin; providing she was loyal and kind and the things I would like from a woman.

Sex is not important (as something I need to have) to me and I'd hope she feels the same way.
Truthfully? No. Hmm, yes, some of this is true, we DO make our own decisions, but, in regards to love, that's right, FLESH love, you have MUCH help in becoming manipulated and deceived, and, that truth goes back to 'in the beginning' of time. Ephraimbro, when our minds cross that girl and we are zinged to her like a dope to a rope, wait, that wasn't picturesque, nor politically correct, now, was it? When our minds cross a girl we, SUDDENLY, have eyes for, and, we arabesque to her like a bee to honey, and she flits your way, too. NOW, when this happens, there are chemicals at work and natural reaction that supercedes rationality and, in many cases, that can even go to overriding our sanity. Why? Because Satan is REAL? Our flesh is real....

Romans 3 says that NO part of us good, nope, not one of us, and, nope, not any of us, BUT, Christ who is IN us is ALL good :) But, we are at WAR! with the principalities of this world, right, there's a verse in 1 Corinthians for that. World=Satan and his demons and those Satan uses against us, sometimes, even, our so-called friends.
Let's be honest. Satan is REALLY deadly, Eve found that out in the garden, The Devil deception overtook Eve's sane, rational thinking which was......

Which was what, green?

God had given Eve her every need met, she needed nothing, not even clothes :) Yet, she COULD still be deceived. Think about that a minute. Ok, done. Now, doesn't it SOUND INSANE to choose mere words from a complete STRANGER named 'Lucifer' who says you can be 'like God, knowing good and evil,' when you ALREADY were having been given EVERYTHING you ever NEEDED. Why you even need to know good and evil, like God, the one who made you and keeps you??? Apparently, we humans CAN be tempted even when we are PERFECTLY with needs met. Man's mind is quite complex, speaking here of 'man,' as 'woman,' but, of man as man, too, as, ole Adam was guilty, too, just as much so as Eve, more so even.

Yes, what happened when she ventured where God told her not to go? Death. Not because of her TRANSGRESSION alone either, it was TWO that tangoed with The Devil, and, ONLY after Adam's SIN did the walls of jericho come tumbling down, so to speak. These were not good things of faith, like Joshua doing as God said to walk around the mountain of Jericho 6 days and the walls would fall and you could enter and overtake the bad guys easy, this was a b-a-a-a-a-d tumbling, that came, ironic enough, from a lack of TRUST in God by Eve, and, yes, of course, Adam, too, which, in fact the bigger fault was Adam who should have told Satan which way to go (away! flee!) and NEVER come back.

So, I want to shorten this, brother, and, while were at it, this is to all miladies and dudebros, we MUST call on the power of God when we KNOW we are in situations where that "bee" is wanting us to do things that are not according to what we WANT our plans from God to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Get it? Bee :)

Remember, God says, 'For I know the plans for you, plans for good and not evil, for a future and a hope." God never tells us, "I am going to MAKE your plans for you." This is from Jeremiah 29:11 for those not knowing this verse.

So, YES!, God allows us to make our own decisions, BUT, and, it's a big 'BUT,' WE MUST, ultimately, be strong, and, we can NEVER be strong on our own, we must be STRONG in Him. He is strong enough.

I like that song by Matthew West, 'Strong Enough.' This video, I will post it, even has a section in there where the girl is telling the guy 'no,' and, what does she do in the video to truly get out of the situation. This MIGHT not seem rational but you may have to be strong enough to even DO what this girl did IF the guy just won't take 'no' for an answer.

I like what milady, kayEM says in her avatar, I think, it's still there, she has: Let Go. God's got this

He does. But, we MUST let Him be in control He is in control, right, so, let's let Him be in control of our lives :)

This video is three stories, watch the video, you will see what I mean, and, be strong enough to watch it all the way through, and, see how the Enemy works in ALL these people's lives...... With Him, though, in the shadows (watch the end of the video closely, and , see if you see something different, other than Matthew West walking away), of our minds, He is with us, in fact, He is us, He lives in us. 1 John 3:16-to the end, read it, after watching this video :)

[video=youtube;knuHDPbE5es]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knuHDPbE5es[/video]

G

GreenNnice

Give one to a friend :)

Dec 25, 2012
I don't know if it's just me, but from my experience every time I tell a guy that I am virgin and that I am waiting till marriage. They either run away or say they "respect that" but when we are alone they try to get me to give it up. Or if I do date it never last because they eventually expect sex.
So I started to think is being a virgin the cause for my singleness? Do you guys feel the same way sometimes?

....or then again the cause for singleness could be that I am crazy. ...crazy for Jesus that is..HAHA

The cause of "singleness" is that God has not brought the right person into your life just yet. Best to wait for God's pick, don't you think?

T

Tintin

Welcome, GraceRevelation! I hope you enjoy your time at CC. Also, love your username - very powerful and catchy.

I've had the same problem. To me it weeds out the people who are just interested in physical interaction. If a guy has a heart for you, he won't leave. Never lower your standards or give up sex because you feel that you will never have a relationship otherwise. Just keep your eyes on Jesus, everything else will fall into place.

G

GraceRevelation

This site is great! Thank you for your warm welcome. My username states exactly what I'm trying to portray to people (The Grace of God)