Could Trump do anything to make you stop supporting him?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
Sometimes trump looked like a little boy that got scolded.
He got absolutely shredded. The contrast between the two couldn't have been more stark. Harris did exactly what her campaign likely wanted her to do and carried herself well. Trump OTOH ranted and raved like a crazy person, and came across as dark and unhinged. And he lied constantly. Every Democrat wanted Roe overturned? If you're gonna lie, at least make your lies plausible.

The post-debate polls and headlines are as bad for Trump as they were for Biden in June.

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
The only choice is do we want democracy or dictatorship. I don't like abortion or the transgender stuff, but what I like even less is the government enforcing morality on us. Let's say Trump and the Republicans get into power and they torch the constitution. Who is to say the next bunch who get into power aren't so friendly to Christian values. What's to stop them from imposing their will on us? I'm surprised that Republicans, who claim to want smaller government and less governmental intrusion into our lives, can't understand a vote for Trump means more governmental intrusion, not less.

The genius of the founders was to set up a democracy that would have safeguards against tyranny built into it. They wanted government to stay out of the religion business. What Christian nationalism wants to do is impose the will of a certain brand of Christianity on all the rest of us. I don't think a lot of people really get this this. They think that by legislating Christian values the US will be a much better place. But have they really stopped to think about what will happen to the country if power is in the hands of a few zealots who want to lord it over everyone? The founders are rolling over in their graves. They wanted religious liberty, not religious tyranny.
And I certainly don't want federal and local police coming to my door and searching through my home, even though they have zero probable cause.

Apparently when Trump said he wanted to "terminate" parts of the Constitution, he had the part prohibiting illegal searches in his sights.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I think this has the potential of doing a lot more harm to the Kamala Harris campaign than to Trump. All they need is proof that pets are being eaten and Harris looks like a very big liar. BTW in China they do eat dogs and cats, so the odds are in his favor that his campaign will be able to find incontrovertible proof here in the US.

We are living in a time of great peril and focusing on such a trivial matter can only harm Harris. I remember the joke Obama made about Trump trying to decide between two candidates in his reality TV show put side by side with him taking out Osama Bid Laden. That made Trump look like a joke. Harris focusing on this makes her look like a joke.

Feb 1, 2023
What's odd about that?
He is being consistent. He loves the second amendment and has bulletproof glass.

Liberals hate the second amendment and have bulletproof glasses, homes, security and walls for private protection.
That's called hypocrisy.

Trump is not being a hypocrite. He's being a winner while pumping iron at the gym with Rocky.
He's pumping something but not at the gym.

Feb 1, 2023
I think this has the potential of doing a lot more harm to the Kamala Harris campaign than to Trump. All they need is proof that pets are being eaten and Harris looks like a very big liar. BTW in China they do eat dogs and cats, so the odds are in his favor that his campaign will be able to find incontrovertible proof here in the US.

We are living in a time of great peril and focusing on such a trivial matter can only harm Harris. I remember the joke Obama made about Trump trying to decide between two candidates in his reality TV show put side by side with him taking out Osama Bid Laden. That made Trump look like a joke. Harris focusing on this makes her look like a joke.
Both the city manager and the governor have confirmed publicly that it is absolute B.S. Typical Trump. Oh., and I didnt hear any policy from him other than on Obamacare.."well we have no specific policy but we have some concepts we are considering"..ya like almost 7 years after he was elected President. And he controlled the house and senate in his first two years. Why didnt HE fix the border is he is so smart. Guy is a grifter and a fraud.

Randy4u2c

Sep 13, 2022
This is a question for any and all Trump/MAGA supporters. Is there any line he could cross that would cause you to stop supporting him? In other words, is your support for him unconditional? I'm just wondering if you've made up your mind to support him no matter what.
Not sure why everybody hates Trump so much. He did an excellent job when he was president and our country would be far better off if he would have been re-elected. My only problem with president Trump is that he takes the credit for everything and leaves God out of the equation. His pride will lead to his downfall if he doesn't realize who makes him a success.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Both the city manager and the governor have confirmed publicly that it is absolute B.S. Typical Trump. Oh., and I didnt hear any policy from him other than on Obamacare.."well we have no specific policy but we have some concepts we are considering"..ya like almost 7 years after he was elected President. And he controlled the house and senate in his first two years. Why didnt HE fix the border is he is so smart. Guy is a grifter and a fraud.
Well then, if it is absolute BS there will not be any confirming stories in the next seven weeks. But like I said this is trivial compared to the news lies that they have told us. For years we heard how strong the economy is, now we know that 1.4 million jobs have been lost, that the US citizens have been net losers of jobs and immigrants have been net gain in jobs and that the jobs lost were full time with benefits while the jobs created are part time and temporary.

We have also learned that there are 10 million who cannot pay their mortgage / or rent. That works out to about 14% of households.

In addition I just heard that half of small businesses have missed their September rent. I don't know how accurate that is, but I have been following the crisis in commercial real estate and the banks are ready to declare bankruptcy.

I have also learned that just this year Saudi Arabia has decided to not renew our treaty for the petro dollar and that China and Saudi Arabia are divesting of the US dollar. For fifty years it was called the "petro dollar" because it was the reason we were the reserve currency and the reason the US dollar was as strong as it was and the reason we could afford our standard of living. So anyone who says this is not a big development is either a complete idiot or else or a liar.

I have also learned that we have 45 million illegal aliens in the US. They did not all come in during the Biden administration, but it is still a very large number. I used to work in the NYC public school system so I saw first hand what kind of expense it was on the public to provide the various services for illegals. I realize it is a complicated issue because many on both sides of the aisle don't want to fix the problem and the reason is simple hypocrisy. There are many businesses that do not follow the law concerning the safety of their employees. If they hire citizens they will complain, take them to court and they'll have to fix things. Instead they bring in illegals and the threat is if they say anything they will be deported. So I consider this a horrible issue. They bring in workers to do these jobs, claim the reason is because no one else is willing to do the job when in reality that is a lie. Many would do the job if they took care of the law concerning their safety and health. In this way they take jobs away from blue collar workers and put undue strain on the city and state taxes providing services to these illegals who are not paying tax.

These are all easily provable facts and are a far more important issue to me than some illegal eating a cat. However, that said, I lived in Taiwan for a number of years and I know they did serve dogs and cats and it was a common warning to not let your cats and dogs out of the house or else you would never see them again. Because of my experience in Taiwan I feel anyone who thinks this story is ridiculous and absurd is themselves ridiculous and absurd, not knowing the true condition in the rest of the world.

I also have my own understanding of Trump, and I could be wrong. But he is a counter puncher. He does this intentionally. He gets more free press because of this and it is part of his strategy. In 2016 I didn't understand why he was making such a big deal over the wall, but you can be sure that today if anyone in this country has an issue with illegal immigrants they know where he stands and that he was a good 8 years ahead of the curve. I suspect that this thing about eating cats and dogs is a trap, I would not at all be surprised if he already has the proof. What he is doing is setting this up to be a much bigger story for the front pages than it would be otherwise. Before it could have been cast as the plight of the poor refugees, but by the time they run whatever it is they have it will be all about how Harris, the Border Czar, lied to everyone and is trying to cover up the true story.

SonJudgment

Jun 25, 2024
President Trump and Kamala meet up after the debate. The fallout continues to get worse for the democrats after she does terribly in the debate and her foolish sycophants try to gaslight the people about it, but as has been the pattern in this election the only person that the left manages to ever successfully gaslight is themselves. At the 9/11 memorial service the people chant that they love Trump and they need Trump back right in Kamala's wicked impudent face. Kamala gets upset by the people not wanting her and she storms out of the 9/11 ceremony abandoning the family and friends of the 9/11 victims. At the same time Trump stayed at the ceremony and was very clearly engaged and stayed for the whole thing. God has not left us without a good option, God continues to show that Trump is the candidate with actual leadership qualities. God has given the clearest of choices ever in this election, we can be blessed with Trump or cursed with Kamala, choose wisely.

Feb 1, 2023
Well then, if it is absolute BS there will not be any confirming stories in the next seven weeks. But like I said this is trivial compared to the news lies that they have told us. For years we heard how strong the economy is, now we know that 1.4 million jobs have been lost, that the US citizens have been net losers of jobs and immigrants have been net gain in jobs and that the jobs lost were full time with benefits while the jobs created are part time and temporary.

We have also learned that there are 10 million who cannot pay their mortgage / or rent. That works out to about 14% of households.

In addition I just heard that half of small businesses have missed their September rent. I don't know how accurate that is, but I have been following the crisis in commercial real estate and the banks are ready to declare bankruptcy.

I have also learned that just this year Saudi Arabia has decided to not renew our treaty for the petro dollar and that China and Saudi Arabia are divesting of the US dollar. For fifty years it was called the "petro dollar" because it was the reason we were the reserve currency and the reason the US dollar was as strong as it was and the reason we could afford our standard of living. So anyone who says this is not a big development is either a complete idiot or else or a liar.

I have also learned that we have 45 million illegal aliens in the US. They did not all come in during the Biden administration, but it is still a very large number. I used to work in the NYC public school system so I saw first hand what kind of expense it was on the public to provide the various services for illegals. I realize it is a complicated issue because many on both sides of the aisle don't want to fix the problem and the reason is simple hypocrisy. There are many businesses that do not follow the law concerning the safety of their employees. If they hire citizens they will complain, take them to court and they'll have to fix things. Instead they bring in illegals and the threat is if they say anything they will be deported. So I consider this a horrible issue. They bring in workers to do these jobs, claim the reason is because no one else is willing to do the job when in reality that is a lie. Many would do the job if they took care of the law concerning their safety and health. In this way they take jobs away from blue collar workers and put undue strain on the city and state taxes providing services to these illegals who are not paying tax.

These are all easily provable facts and are a far more important issue to me than some illegal eating a cat. However, that said, I lived in Taiwan for a number of years and I know they did serve dogs and cats and it was a common warning to not let your cats and dogs out of the house or else you would never see them again. Because of my experience in Taiwan I feel anyone who thinks this story is ridiculous and absurd is themselves ridiculous and absurd, not knowing the true condition in the rest of the world.

I also have my own understanding of Trump, and I could be wrong. But he is a counter puncher. He does this intentionally. He gets more free press because of this and it is part of his strategy. In 2016 I didn't understand why he was making such a big deal over the wall, but you can be sure that today if anyone in this country has an issue with illegal immigrants they know where he stands and that he was a good 8 years ahead of the curve. I suspect that this thing about eating cats and dogs is a trap, I would not at all be surprised if he already has the proof. What he is doing is setting this up to be a much bigger story for the front pages than it would be otherwise. Before it could have been cast as the plight of the poor refugees, but by the time they run whatever it is they have it will be all about how Harris, the Border Czar, lied to everyone and is trying to cover up the true story.
Quote sources please

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Go and do your own research Maggie and find your own sources. Everything in that post is true, and perhaps not even sufficiently horrifying. A book could be written detailing everything with facts and figures. Does anyone know for a fact exactly how many foreign invaders have entered the country when so many come in undetected?

The Democrats pose an existential threat to America, but are being helped by the RINOs. The media do not care if their country is totally destroyed, as long as they can maintain their Leftist delusions. Harris/Walz have only one goal -- destroy America completely, kill all the babies possible, and mutilate all the young children for the sake of demonic Transgenderism.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Try looking at the thread on the "greatest depression" we have been keeping a journal of the news stories there and that is where I would put sources for this.

Feb 1, 2023
Not sure why everybody hates Trump so much. He did an excellent job when he was president and our country would be far better off if he would have been re-elected. My only problem with president Trump is that he takes the credit for everything and leaves God out of the equation. His pride will lead to his downfall if he doesn't realize who makes him a success.
Ummm..as a christian it should bother you that he committed sexual assualt (his lawyers had an equal vote in jury selection), and committed 34 felony counts of business fraud cheating on his fellow american taxpayers, killed a border bill that HIS party largely drew to help his personal election chances, told us all Covid was like a flue and would be gone in summer while admitting in private interviews that he knew it was deadly, on a taped phone interview asked an election official in Georgia to "find" more votes for him...etc etc etc. You had best go back to basics and ask if Christ would have a gold plated toilet. He is all about himself and money. Christ focused on the poor and underpriviliged.

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
My wife is from Springfield, OH (graduated from the old Springfield South HS) and she has lots of family there. We checked in with them this week to ask about all the nonsense, and it was interesting to hear their reactions.

It was a mix of befuddled laughter and joking, and anger at their town being the focus of racist propaganda. The memes they've been sharing with us are really funny, but it's also sad that they have to go through all this.

The recent history of Springfield is important to know too. They'd lost a ton of people over the years, and after the housing crash/recession of 2008 there were empty, boarded up houses everywhere. Recently there was even a labor shortage, with employers practically begging for workers.

Those are some of the reasons the immigrants from Haiti came to Springfield. There were lots of jobs and very cheap houses, plus there was a Haitian-American run charity that could help people as they arrived.

Unfortunately, the recent chaos in Haiti led to a surge of migrants from there, with many of them going to Springfield since there already was a number of Haitians there. But the city was not prepared for the surge, and the federal government has been slow providing resources and assistance.

That's the problem facing Springfield today. It's not Haitians eating pets or any of that crap, it's that the city needs money to help take care of the new migrants who've recently come to their town.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
My wife is from Springfield, OH (graduated from the old Springfield South HS) and she has lots of family there. We checked in with them this week to ask about all the nonsense, and it was interesting to hear their reactions.

It was a mix of befuddled laughter and joking, and anger at their town being the focus of racist propaganda. The memes they've been sharing with us are really funny, but it's also sad that they have to go through all this.

The recent history of Springfield is important to know too. They'd lost a ton of people over the years, and after the housing crash/recession of 2008 there were empty, boarded up houses everywhere. Recently there was even a labor shortage, with employers practically begging for workers.

Those are some of the reasons the immigrants from Haiti came to Springfield. There were lots of jobs and very cheap houses, plus there was a Haitian-American run charity that could help people as they arrived.

Unfortunately, the recent chaos in Haiti led to a surge of migrants from there, with many of them going to Springfield since there already was a number of Haitians there. But the city was not prepared for the surge, and the federal government has been slow providing resources and assistance.

That's the problem facing Springfield today. It's not Haitians eating pets or any of that crap, it's that the city needs money to help take care of the new migrants who've recently come to their town.
They should make a youtube video saying as much, please share the link when they do. Otherwise I fear this will just be like other claims you made that you couldn't verify.

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
They should make a youtube video saying as much, please share the link when they do. Otherwise I fear this will just be like other claims you made that you couldn't verify.
What would you like verified?

Here's an employer in Springfield talking about the benefit of Haitian workers: https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1833594196630114747

Here's an interview article that reinforces what I said: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/o...igrant-influx-thrust-into-political-spotlight

Springfield is a small, blue-collar city with a familiar story. Much of the factory work left decades ago, and the residents followed. A community of more than 80,000, emptied out to less than 60,000, that is, until the last few years.
Merzius says he came to Springfield for the same reason most Haitians did. He heard that housing was cheap and jobs were plentiful.
If you'd like more info, let me know.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
What would you like verified?
Do your relatives currently live in Springfield? If not how is there coming from that town relevant to the discussion? What was the point of bringing it up if they don't have first hand knowledge of the situation today?

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
Do your relatives currently live in Springfield?
Yep. My SIL teaches in the Springfield public schools and lives among many of the immigrant population (in the Fountain Ave. John St. area). My wife's parents (retired), nieces, and several cousins all have lived in Springfield their entire lives.